ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP extension - No sponsorship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

BRP extension - No sponsorship

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi all, not sure if you remember me from 2015? Some people here told me I had no chance. I fought and I won. I have had my BRP for over 2yrs now and due to expire in May 20th. I got it with a "work permitted" condition. Therefore, I do not need annymore sponsorships but I have defaulted to the 2 and a half year renewals (12yrs down the drain) until I can qualify for ILR.

My question is, do I just fill out the regular renewal form and hope for the best? Thanks guys.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP extension - No sponsorship

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Link to your previous topic.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/expi ... 37-40.html

What application form did you complete that resulted in your current visa?? What did the letter state as grant under what immigration rules that you got with the approval??

If you are on a 2.5 year route, it is likely the FLR(FP) Private Life 10 year path (4 x 2.5 year visas), which means your post is in the wrong topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi CR001, thanks for the reply. I initially completed the FLR(FP) I think. My solicitors did it for me it was so long ago. After 3 court visits, I just ended up getting a letter from the judge and then my BRP followed. The HO did not issue any letter. They just sent all my stuff back with the BRP card. On the BRP card there is "Leave to remain" and "Work permitted".

So I am guessing I am on the FLR(FP) Private Life path. I will search for suitable topics on this.
Many thanks.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:48 pm

I should point out that my visa was granted under the human rights acts/rule.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Previously sponsored, overstayed, visa refused. Now unsponsored.

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:59 pm

I hope this post is finally under the right topic? :cry:

Please see post here: uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/brp- ... l#p1770053

I basically got my current BRP (expires May 20th) under the human rights claim/rules after 3 court visits. I did not get any letter from the HO. They just contacted my solicitors saying that my BRP was ready and they sent it.

With the new online application system, I am not even sure what I am doing. Should I be filling in a FLR(FP) which seems to be discontinued? Do I just follow the online system and see what happens? I think I am on the 4 x 2.5yrs private life route. Not sure. Been in the UK since 2004 (15yrs).

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:58 pm

FLR FP has not been discontinued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Well I cannot find it

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:50 pm

First item in a Google search of FLR(FP).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Thank you for this. I googled it all day at work and it did not come up. I followed links on that website and no luck. Weird! I shall use my pc at home.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:00 pm

Yes, maybe work pc has a block on the site.

Feel free to ask any further questions you have in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:35 am

Just a silly question. Since I've been in the UK for 15yrs, I have recieved NHS treatment and have never had to pay the IHS since all my other applications. The online form needs a reference number and I don't have it. Do I just pay the £1000 just to get a reference number? And can I get it refunded easily?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:39 am

Do I just pay the £1000 just to get a reference number?

Yes, you have to pay it.
And can I get it refunded easily?
Why do you believe you will be entitled to a refund or are exempt from paying IHS??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:52 am

I do not necessarily believe that I am exempt or entitled. I work for the NHS and I assumed that when I had applied before, it was one of the benefits I had. And therefore I dodn't need to pay it. I am employed by NHS Trusts.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:15 pm

Tallywithme wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:52 am
I do not necessarily believe that I am exempt or entitled. I work for the NHS and I assumed that when I had applied before, it was one of the benefits I had. And therefore I dodn't need to pay it. I am employed by NHS Trusts.
In old golden days, paying IHS wasn't part of any immigration related applications which is now mandatory even someone is working for NHS.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:19 pm

Tallywithme wrote:
No special exemption or benefits cover simply because you work in the NHS. You have to pay the IHS charge. You would even need to pay the IHS if you had private medical insurance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:40 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:15 pm
Tallywithme wrote:
In old golden days, paying IHS wasn't part of any immigration related applications which is now mandatory even someone is working for NHS.
Thank you for clarifying because even after 15yrs, this is the first time I am having to pay it. I did think it is a recent mandatory thing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Tallywithme wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:40 pm
Thank you for clarifying because even after 15yrs, this is the first time I am having to pay it. I did think it is a recent mandatory thing.
It has been the case since April 2015 when it was introduced and a small number of nationalities were exempt in the first year and a certain work visa was exempt until a year ago.

It has also doubled this year on 8th January, increasing from £200 per year to £400 per year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:28 pm

WOW!!! Fair enough. Very expensive but I guess it’s needed.

I am just waiting for a letter of employment and my council tax statement then my application is ready! I understand I only have 10 days to send all my documents in after I submit my application, therefore I don’t want to risk it! Fingers crossed!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 pm

Are you applying through the UKCVAS Sopra Steria service or posting the documents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Oh no! I followed the link you posted with the application form. It is saved until I can pay for the IHS. Am I supposed to be using that site?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:38 pm

Tallywithme wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:36 pm
Oh no! I followed the link you posted with the application form. It is saved until I can pay for the IHS. Am I supposed to be using that site?
You should or might get an option for which service you want to choose to use. To book a UKCVAS appointment, it is at the end of the application process as far as I understand and obviously depends on the service you choose and how much extra you pay.

Please note that we don't all have access or sight of the online forms and options.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:45 pm

Aaaah! Ok! I will sure look out for that. I am stuck at the IHS bit where I just need to pay and continue. Will probably do that tomorrow once I’ve had emails back confirming arrivals of documents via post.

PS! Anyone doing any online applications, use any web browser other than safari. They’ve also issued a message online that there is a problem with it.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:38 pm
Tallywithme wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:36 pm
You should or might get an option for which service you want to choose to use. To book a UKCVAS appointment, it is at the end of the application process as far as I understand and obviously depends on the service you choose and how much extra you pay.

Please note that we don't all have access or sight of the online forms and options.
As you stated CR001, I did not get all the options at the end of my online application. Unfortunately I had to do everything at work using my pc. My macbook at home kept crashing really badly. So I was offered to book over the phone and did. I am submitting my documments and biometrics in 2 weeks. I paid £2800 in total for everything. So fingers crossed it is a smooth application this time.

Have a great weekend :D

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:54 am

As much as this board is helpful, I find some folks abrasive & impatient with others. If you are frustrated by dumb questions or looking for answers in other topics just click out. I posted in the “6 months payslips” thread because the topic was also relevant to me. I just wanted to know if I was ok with what I had.

As I stated, I only have 2 mandatory documents I was told to bring (BRP & passport). Then additional documents were bank statements, housing, degree certificate, employment, payslips.

So my question is, my work only provided me with a P60 & I have payslips dating back to Nov 2018. Do I still need to ask them to write a letter even when my extension is not sponsored or tired to a job?

Thanks guys. Be a little kind to others. We are all fighting demons, you never know what someone is suffering with. Enjoy your day.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:37 pm

Tallywithme wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:54 am
I was told to bring (BRP & passport).
By whom?