ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence ILR first date of application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rswizzle
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Tier 2 Dependent to ILR

Post by Rswizzle » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Looking for some advice please. I am eligible to apply for ILR via the long residence route at the end of July. Over the 10 years I have held a Tier 4, Tier 2 General and currently a Tier 2 dependent on my husband (expires in August). Husband is applying for ILR in June after 5 years on a Tier 2 - that's a 6-week gap before I can apply for my ILR. It's just dawned upon me if I will even be able to hold on to my Tier 2 dependent visa while he applies for his ILR? Or do I have to go as his dependent again? Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 pm

No need to change visas. Your current visa remains valid.
Rswizzle wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:59 pm
Sorry to hop onto this, but is the earliest submission date the date to submit the online form, or the date when we submit our documents/enrol biometrics if we choose to do it in person at UKVCAS?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of your UKCVAS appointment.

Note that for ILR based on Tier 2, the start date of the residence period is the initial visa issue date.

For your ILR based on long residence, your residence starts from the date you ENTERED the UK 10 years ago.

Kindly refrain from tagging onto other members topics, it is unfair to other posters and creates confusion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rswizzle
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to ILR

Post by Rswizzle » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:28 pm

Apologies, and many thanks for this.

Rswizzle
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Long Residence ILR first date of application

Post by Rswizzle » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:49 am

Hello. Just wanting to make sure I have got these right! I am due to apply for ILR (LR route). I arrived in the U.K. on 23rd August 2009. I believe I am eligible to start applying 28 days before the 10th year anniversary of my arrival (23/8/2019) - which would make that 26/7/19? Is that correct?

Also if my current leave to remain expires on 5/8/19, as long as I submit and pay for my ILR application online before 5/8/19 - even if I am unable to get an appointment at Sopra Steria by then - I should be fine?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence ILR first date of application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:52 am

Hello. Just wanting to make sure I have got these right! I am due to apply for ILR (LR route). I arrived in the U.K. on 23rd August 2009. I believe I am eligible to start applying 28 days before the 10th year anniversary of my arrival (23/8/2019) - which would make that 26/7/19? Is that correct?
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=
Also if my current leave to remain expires on 5/8/19, as long as I submit and pay for my ILR application online before 5/8/19 - even if I am unable to get an appointment at Sopra Steria by then - I should be fine?
Correct. Date of application is the date you submit an pay online.

p.s. please do not start new topics on the same application. Topics have been merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.