ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed advice needed for spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Self employed advice needed for spouse visa application

Post by arkadygator » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:35 am

Hi Hammad,

I realised the NOC letter could be an issue to my application and as such I did arrange Accomodation from a landlord with a £300 deposit and the landlord added his passport copy and land registry to confirm that the Letter of Intention to move into the building was genuine and the cash deposit was non refundable. The house was 3 bedroom and 1 living room, toilet and Spam which was enough.

Also with regards to my son, I specify the monthly amount I gave to his mum with bank statements to support that payment.

I hope this help anyone in similar situation. 🤲🏾

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:01 pm

Letter of intention is not equal to NOC/permission letter, is it?

Does that letter included the permission from the landlord too?
arkadygator wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:35 am
Hi Hammad,

I realised the NOC letter could be an issue to my application and as such I did arrange Accomodation from a landlord with a £300 deposit and the landlord added his passport copy and land registry to confirm that the Letter of Intention to move into the building was genuine and the cash deposit was non refundable. The house was 3 bedroom and 1 living room, toilet and Spam which was enough.

Also with regards to my son, I specify the monthly amount I gave to his mum with bank statements to support that payment.

I hope this help anyone in similar situation. 🤲🏾

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:04 pm

Letter of intention is not equal NOC/permission letter but it suffices because the landlord confirms in the letter of intention the agreement that he happily accepted including the £300 deposit. That automatically makes it a permission from the landlord. It suffices, thank God

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi, I registered my wife for maternity care today and they wanted me to fill a form for free prescription charges exemption for maternity and I told them I will fill it later. Because my wife spouse visa clearly states “no recourse to public fund” and I am wondering if filling the form and getting free prescription due to her pregnancy will be a breach to that ? The pharmacist was insisting that she is pregnant and should be entitled to free prescription. But I paid for it to be on the safe side. Any advice will be highly appreciated 🤔

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:27 pm

arkadygator wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:18 pm
Hi, I registered my wife for maternity care today and they wanted me to fill a form for free prescription charges exemption for maternity and I told them I will fill it later. Because my wife spouse visa clearly states “no recourse to public fund” and I am wondering if filling the form and getting free prescription due to her pregnancy will be a breach to that ? The pharmacist was insisting that she is pregnant and should be entitled to free prescription. But I paid for it to be on the safe side. Any advice will be highly appreciated 🤔

Am I entitled to free prescriptions?
You can get free NHS prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you:

are 60 or over
are under 16
are 16 to 18 and in full-time education
are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
have a specified medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
have a continuing physical disability that prevents you going out without help from another person and have a valid MedEx
hold a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disability
are an NHS inpatient
https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-w ... ion-costs/
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:37 pm

Thanks for your response. So that means because I paid IHS for NHS. We are entitled to apply for the maternity exemption certificate or not because she is pregnant ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:07 pm

arkadygator wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:37 pm
Thanks for your response. So that means because I paid IHS for NHS. We are entitled to apply for the maternity exemption certificate or not because she is pregnant ?
I think yes when your midwife, doctor or health visitor confirms pregnancy. See here its procedure:

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/exemption-cer ... rtificates
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

arkadygator
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by arkadygator » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 am

Thank you once again.