ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Disclosing deleted pnc record?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Karo6425
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Disclosing deleted pnc record?

Post by Karo6425 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi all.
I will shortly be applying for my British Citizenship, but before I do, I wanted to to gather your opinions.
Around 9 years ago I recieved a youth warning. I then did a SAR and the record was still on the PNC (not sure why I thought it would’ve been wiped), so I decided to apply for a PNC record deletion via ACRO. To my amazement (as I’ve heard this is quite rare) the deletion request was accepted by the constabulary. I did another SAR which now shows I’ve got no record on the pnc.
My question is, when applying for my citizenship, do I mention I received a youth warning which has now been taken off the system?
I have no issues in declaring this as I don’t want to be thought to be deceiving in my aplicarion, but I was just wondering if this is necessary and if the HO would be able to see that a record has been deleted?
Many thanks!

Jbkhan32

Re: Disclosing deleted pnc record?

Post by Jbkhan32 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:40 pm

Karo6425 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 pm
Hi all.
I will shortly be applying for my British Citizenship, but before I do, I wanted to to gather your opinions.
Around 9 years ago I recieved a youth warning. I then did a SAR and the record was still on the PNC (not sure why I thought it would’ve been wiped), so I decided to apply for a PNC record deletion via ACRO. To my amazement (as I’ve heard this is quite rare) the deletion request was accepted by the constabulary. I did another SAR which now shows I’ve got no record on the pnc.
My question is, when applying for my citizenship, do I mention I received a youth warning which has now been taken off the system?
I have no issues in declaring this as I don’t want to be thought to be deceiving in my aplicarion, but I was just wondering if this is necessary and if the HO would be able to see that a record has been deleted?
Many thanks!

You must have to declare this warning, and attach the ACRO record deletion letter as well.
Record deletion means that all details converted into _ _ _.
So these dash dash dash is still in the police record which clearly means that some thing successfully deleted from your police record.

Karo6425
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by Karo6425 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 am

Jbkhan32 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:40 pm
Karo6425 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 pm
Hi all.
Many thanks!

You must have to declare this warning, and attach the ACRO record deletion letter as well.
Record deletion means that all details converted into _ _ _.
So these dash dash dash is still in the police record which clearly means that some thing successfully deleted from your police record.
Hi.
Thanks for your input. I’m struggling to see where the ‘_ _ _’ comes into play? As mentioned when doing another SAR the letter I received back states there’s nothing on my record- surly if there was, I would have an attachment to show the above. My ACRO certificate also shows ‘no trace’ as apposed to ‘no live trace’ which would indicate there was something there which is no longer relevant.

Jbkhan32

Post by Jbkhan32 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 am

You can not see these _ _ _ .
Only home office or police can see this.
No one can delete or remove foot prints from the police data base.

Jbkhan32

Post by Jbkhan32 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 am

Police do not have any eraser
For example,when they delete any data then it looks like this in their system

Before deletion
Mr.XYZ ZDY
After deletion
- -.- - - - - -

SAR is not a printed copy of police data.

Karo6425
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by Karo6425 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Jbkhan32 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 am
Police do not have any eraser
For example,when they delete any data then it looks like this in their system

Before deletion
Mr.XYZ ZDY
After deletion
- -.- - - - - -

SAR is not a printed copy of police data.
Interesting- I got in contact with the constabulary and questioned if this is the case and they mentioned that once it’s gone through the ACRO deletion process and it’s been confirmed to the individual that the records are deleted from police nation systems/databases including the pnc, they would not longer be seen- even when deleted.
I suppose I can declare I had a youth warning nearly 10 years ago and it has now been deleted as I doubt this would have any baring to the outcome of my application.