ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M married or unmarried

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

verbina
Russia

FLR M married or unmarried

Post by verbina » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi babe, hope all goes well for you. I'm in a similar position- my visa expires October 6th, but I haven't yet applied for divorce as my ex is being an idiot and won't even give me our marriage cert.
I wonder if I have left it too late to marrry my new partner now...
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M married or unmarried

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:14 pm

verbina wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:29 pm
, but I haven't yet applied for divorce as my ex is being an idiot and won't even give me our marriage cert.
Getting duplicate marriage certificate is extremely an easy work from registry office.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:24 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:14 pm
verbina wrote:
, but I haven't yet applied for divorce as my ex is being an idiot and won't even give me our marriage cert.
Getting duplicate marriage certificate is extremely an easy work from registry office.
Thank you very much! I will look into it!

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm

verbina wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:24 pm
seagul wrote:
verbina wrote:
If your husband doesn't agree to a divorce, this can be a very lengthy process. :idea: How do you believe your marriage certificate will help :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm
verbina wrote:
seagul wrote:
verbina wrote:

If your husband doesn't agree to a divorce, this can be a very lengthy process. :idea: How do you believe your marriage certificate will help :?:
We have been separated for about 16 years and have no joint finances or anything, so hopefully him not being coopeartive won't be too much of a problem..

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Your posts have been moved to your own thread from the member's topic you had tagged onto. This not only causes confusion, but is also unfair to the other member and it becomes impossible to respond to both.

Which category of visa do you currently hold, as I can see from your posts back in 2015 that you were applying for discretionary leave under the 10 year partner route. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:52 pm

verbina wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:21 pm
Casa wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm
verbina wrote:
seagul wrote:

We have been separated for about 16 years and have no joint finances or anything, so hopefully him not being coopeartive won't be too much of a problem..
Divorce with the reason of being separated from 5 years doesn't need any consent of other partner.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Your posts have been moved to your own thread from the member's topic you had tagged onto. This not only causes confusion, but is also unfair to the other member and it becomes impossible to respond to both.

Which category of visa do you currently hold, as I can see from your posts back in 2015 that you were applying for discretionary leave under the 10 year partner route. :?:
Thank you! I'm sorry! :(

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:22 am

Casa wrote:

:?:
(Casa, not CR001)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:45 pm

Casa wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:22 am
Casa wrote:

So sorry, I only just saw this post! I was unable to log on here for ages, as apparently I was IP banned..

It was a parent route that I applied via, but my child is now over 18 years old, hence why I was looking at switching to partner route, but I've not got the time now.

Sorry once again for being unclear and awfully sorry for highjacking this thread :(

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:08 pm

verbina wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:45 pm
Casa wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:22 am
Casa wrote:

So sorry, I only just saw this post! I was unable to log on here for ages, as apparently I was IP banned..

It was a parent route that I applied via, but my child is now over 18 years old, hence why I was looking at switching to partner route, but I've not got the time now.

Sorry once again for being unclear and awfully sorry for highjacking this thread :(
No problem. Feel free to continue to post here...this is now your own thread.
(Casa, not CR001)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:10 pm

Okay, thank you! :oops: