ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Register my Children for British Citizenship/Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abira
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Can I Register my Children for British Citizenship/Passport

Post by Abira » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:35 pm

Hello All,

Please Help me.
I got ILR in Feb 2006. My children(Twins) born in March 2008 in Pakistan. I got British Citizenship in November 2009.My Wife and children are still in Pakistan.
Can I apply for their Registration/British passport ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can I Register my Children for British Citizenship/Passport

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:48 pm

No as Non UK born children of foreigners have no automatic entitlement to British citizenship when one of the parents becomes British later. To register them, your children are expected to have ILR and your wife must also about to become British. Grant of citizenship this way will be at the discretion of the HO and will not be an entitlement. Your children will follow the immigration path of their mother until eligible for citizenship.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

secret.simon

Re: Can I Register my Children for British Citizenship/Passport

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:28 am

Simply put, non-British citizen children born outside the UK
-do not have an entitlement to British citizenship
-follow the immigration pathway of the less-privileged parent
-can apply to be registered as a British citizen when atleast one parent has acquired or is applying for British citizenship and the child and other parent both have ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.