ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen - Issue with funds maintenance for PBS extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shamseerabdullah
Newly Registered

British Citizen - Issue with funds maintenance for PBS extension

Post by shamseerabdullah » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:16 am

Hi

I got my ILR through 5 year route on TIER 2 ICT in Sep 2015 and got my UK citizen ship in July 2017. following is the status of my family.

2 daughters -VISA Extended through PBS - 12 May 2016 till 12 May 2019 (When I was on ILR)
Wife- VISA Extended through PBS - 14 June 2016 till 14 June 2019 (When I was on ILR)

I have kept the required funds which is £1,260 (Considering my UK + india account) for my daughters extension which is due first where I am barely meeting the target for the first 5 days of 90 days. I am planning to apply my wife's extension after that as she is not required to renewed until 14 June 2019, where by I will have sufficient funds to cover all three.

Questions:
1. Can I apply for PBS extension for my family as now I am a UK citizen?
2. can I apply for only my children PBS extension first without my wife extension ?
3. Will there be an issue when I apply for my wife separately?
4. Does the Indian bank statement which shows most of the funds needs to be signed and sealed?

I will very much appreciate your response

Thanks
Shamseer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizen - Issue with funds maintenance for PBS extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 am

2 daughters -VISA Extended through PBS - 12 May 2016 till 12 May 2019 (When I was on ILR)
Wife- VISA Extended through PBS - 14 June 2016 till 14 June 2019 (When I was on ILR)
What were their immigration/visa route before May/June 2016?? Why do they have different visa start/expiry dates??
I am planning to apply my wife's extension after that as she is not required to renewed until 14 June 2019, where by I will have sufficient funds to cover all three.
You might face issues if they do not apply together for an extension.
1. Can I apply for PBS extension for my family as now I am a UK citizen?
Yes.
2. can I apply for only my children PBS extension first without my wife extension ?
Probably not.
3. Will there be an issue when I apply for my wife separately?
Likely yes.
4. Does the Indian bank statement which shows most of the funds needs to be signed and sealed?
They need to be originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shamseerabdullah
Newly Registered

Post by shamseerabdullah » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:39 am

thanks for the quickly reply CR001.

CR001 question: What were their immigration/visa route before May/June 2016?? Why do they have different visa start/expiry dates??

the delay in wife's VISA was because, we tried to apply ILR fro my wife, however, since she has had a gap of 6 months due to maternity in india, this was refused and we had to extend her on PBS.

CR001: India bank statements- They need to be originals.

Yes they are originals where I get them through email. I hope I can print the same and give it. There is no seal or anything required. Can you please confirm

Another question: The fund available from 11 Feb to 14 Feb is £1298 which will suffice only for my daughters. can I apply for my wife on 15 May which will take these days out (for the 90 day's period) and then I have sufficient funds to cover for all three of them?

Or do u think it is wise to apply FLR M for all of them, so not to face any rejections as my wife is also working in UK and it may affect her status. I know this may reset the clock for ILR for another 5 years.

shamseerabdullah
Newly Registered

Post by shamseerabdullah » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi CR001,

Also apart from above questions, can you please let me know, if I can use a joint account with my brother in India to show the funds necessary for applying the PBS dependent VISA

shamseerabdullah
Newly Registered

Post by shamseerabdullah » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:53 am

hi CR001,any update please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:02 am

You cannot use your brothers account. It must be either your account or your spouse's account or a joint account with your spouse.

I cannot answer the rest of your questions.

They would need to apply together for a 3 years extension though. The PBS dependent rules are clear about children following the PBS dependent route parent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.