ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant extension with main applicant on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neo2498
Newly Registered

PBS Dependant extension with main applicant on ILR

Post by neo2498 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello All ,

I'm Currently holding an ILR ,which is valid until December 2024 ( based on Tier 2 general 5 years route)

I want to apply for visa extension for my wife . Since her 5 years continues stay in UK is not getting completed before her current visa expiry date, she is not qualify for her ILR yet ,So I believe she needs to apply for an extension.

Below is my wife's visa history :-

-Tier 2 partner visa = valid from 02/04/2014 expires on 14/02/2016

-Tier 2 PBS dependent extension = valid from 04/03/2016 expiring on 14/02/2019

My questions / queries are below :-

1) Since her visa is getting expired on 14th Feb 2019: in order to continue her stay with me,which visa category she should be applying for now ? please share link for application form if possible.

2) Does she required to submit any English language requirements ?

3) Since she does't have her UK bank account , can I provide my personal UK bank statements for last 3/6 moths + payslips to show the maintenance fund requirements ? and how much it should be ?

4) Apart from Utility bills / council tax bills having our both names on it , what proof does it require to prove that , we are staying together ?

5) Do we need to submit marriage certificate ?

6) Could you please share document list to support her visa application ?

Your any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant extension with main applicant on ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 pm

1. Tier 2 Dependent partner visa extension. It will be a 3 year extension. Note also that IHS fees have doubled and will be £1,200 for a 3 year extension plus the visa fee.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

2. No.

3. You ONLY need 90 days bank statements in EITHER names or joint names showing £630 maintenance funds. NO payslips required.

4. Yes, subsisting relationship and cohabitation. You will need more than just 2 items. You need to prove the last 2 years.

5. Possibly, won't harm the application.

6. Same as what was required when she applied for her initial dependent visa. Also search the forum, this has been posted 100s of times and the online process will tell you what you need.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neo2498
Newly Registered

Post by neo2498 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 pm
1. Tier 2 Dependent partner visa extension. It will be a 3 year extension. Note also that IHS fees have doubled and will be £1,200 for a 3 year extension plus the visa fee.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

2. No.

3. You ONLY need 90 days bank statements in EITHER names or joint names showing £630 maintenance funds. NO payslips required.

4. Yes, subsisting relationship and cohabitation. You will need more than just 2 items. You need to prove the last 2 years.

5. Possibly, won't harm the application.

6. Same as what was required when she applied for her initial dependent visa. Also search the forum, this has been posted 100s of times and the online process will tell you what you need.
Thanks for your help ,

If I'm going to apply for 3 years of extension, so ideally IHS charges needs to be calculated as 3 years X 400 = 1200 GBP .However, while filling an application form they are asking about my ILR expiry date which is Dec 2014 ( 5 years from 2019 ),so IHS fees calculated for 5 years i.e 5 X 400 = 2000 GBP, Below are my doubts

1) Please shed some light, how can I get IHS charges to 1200 GBP ?

2) My wife' is going to eligible for ILR in May 2019 (5 years route ) , is there any way to claim back extra IHS charges if she applies for her ILR application before June 2019 ? if yes, how much she should be eligible to get refund and how ?

Thanks and Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:41 pm

Put your ILR expiry date as 3 years ahead.
2) My wife' is going to eligible for ILR in May 2019 (5 years route ) , is there any way to claim back extra IHS charges if she applies for her ILR application before June 2019 ? if yes, how much she should be eligible to get refund and how ?
No there is not.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
You will not get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you do not need to pay the IHS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neo2498
Newly Registered

Post by neo2498 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:41 pm
Put your ILR expiry date as 3 years ahead.

But Visa validity date on my ILR (BRP) is until 2024 - i.e 5 years from 2019 . how can I put the expiry date as 3 years ahead only ? please advice .

Also what option should I select while choosing visa route and visa type for her while filling an application form & IHS ?

No there is not.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
You will not get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you do not need to pay the IHS

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:43 pm

But Visa validity date on my ILR (BRP) is until 2024 - i.e 5 years from 2019 . how can I put the expiry date as 3 years ahead only ? please advice .
Simply put the expiry year 3 years from now. Many have done this and been successful. HO is aware of this glitch.
Also what option should I select while choosing visa route and visa type for her while filling an application form & IHS ?
Tier 2 partner
Char (CR001 not Casa)

neo2498
Newly Registered

Post by neo2498 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:43 pm
Simply put the expiry year 3 years from now. Many have done this and been successful. HO is aware of this glitch.

Thanks for information :)
Tier 2 partner
In a drop down menu only there is No such specific option as Tier 2 partner

Most suitable option is - PBS dependent ( Tier 1 , 2 & 5 ) Please correct if I'm wrong

And when I choose above option, then in VISA Type below option - Please correct if I'm wrong

Tier 2 (General )Shortage Occupation;up to 3 years ? - as it was my ILR route

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

neo2498
Newly Registered

Post by neo2498 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 pm
Correct yes.
Thank you

Document list - Please advise if any additional documents needed.

1) PBS dependent's Passport.
2) PBS dependent's BRP card.
3) ILR holder's Passport.
4) ILR holder's BRP.
5) IHS payment confirmation email print.
6) Bio metric Appointment letter.
7) ILR holder's bank statement for last 3/6 month -showing min Balance 680 GBP - as my wife does't have the bank account.
8) ILR holder's salary slips.
9) Co-habitation proofs for last 2 years - Please advice if anything more needed .
i) Marriage certificate.
ii) Energy bills having both names on it.
iii) Water bill having both names on it.
iv) Council tax bills having both names on it.
v) Electoral registration confirmation for both.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:09 am

Docs should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

neo2498
Newly Registered

Post by neo2498 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:09 am
Docs should be fine.
Thanks for you help ,The only confusion I have now is about Maintenance funds requirements.

Application form asking about below documents for maintenance fund proof.

Documents showing you have had at least £630.00 in cash savings for 90 consecutive days -

if I choose below option -

--Statements from a personal bank or building society account-

does personal bank account refers to PBS applicant's bank account statements only OR it could be either PBS applicant's or ILR holder's bank accounts statement ? please confirm - sorry if i'm confusing !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Either of your bank statements or joint bank statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

neo2498
Newly Registered

Post by neo2498 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks for all your help . PBS dependent Visa granted also received BRP card, Just a wondering about NI number printed on back of her BRP card, My wife never applied for her NI number ! how it is possible to get NI number printed on her BRP when she never applied for one ? can some one please shed a light on this ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:25 pm

neo2498 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:21 pm
Thanks for all your help . PBS dependent Visa granted also received BRP card, Just a wondering about NI number printed on back of her BRP card, My wife never applied for her NI number ! how it is possible to get NI number printed on her BRP when she never applied for one ? can some one please shed a light on this ?
It is automatic for tier 2 route. Started about a year ago so obvs an agreement between HO and dwp.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sivag

Post by sivag » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:27 am

Hi neo2498,

Could you pls clarify how you managed to enter the work start and end date for IHS? Have you paid for 3 years even though your spouse is eligible for ILR in a couple of months? Is that extension is granted for 3 years? I am in a similar situation, current visa expires before 60 days of my ILR eligibility and I afraid that I need to pay 3 years IHS fee(£1200) for an tier 2 pbs dependant extension? - Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:30 am

sivag wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:27 am
Hi neo2498,

Could you pls clarify how you managed to enter the work start and end date for IHS? Have you paid for 3 years even though your spouse is eligible for ILR in a couple of months? Is that extension is granted for 3 years? I am in a similar situation, current visa expires before 60 days of my ILR eligibility and I afraid that I need to pay 3 years IHS fee(£1200) for an tier 2 pbs dependant extension? - Thanks.
I have already answered your question about the 3 year extension!!

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/pbs- ... l#p1772462

Please continue your questions in your own topic. There is likely an option to select your spouse has ILR!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sivag

Sorry

Post by sivag » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Sorry posted in the wrong window.

kayg24
Newly Registered
India

Post by kayg24 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:54 pm

@neo2498

Hi! I'm applying for the same kind of visa with the same situation. Did you put the expiry of your ILR after 3 years from the application date? Thanks for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:59 pm

kayg24 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:54 pm
@neo2498

Hi! I'm applying for the same kind of visa with the same situation. Did you put the expiry of your ILR after 3 years from the application date? Thanks for the help.
This has been answered so many times, yes you out 3 years from now to get correct Ihs. It is a known glitch!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kayg24
Newly Registered
India

Post by kayg24 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:07 pm

Thanks!

I hope they fix it if it's a glitch. You want to be sure when you're paying GBP 2,400. :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:23 am

kayg24 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:07 pm
Thanks!

I hope they fix it if it's a glitch. You want to be sure when you're paying GBP 2,400. :D
Don't pay £2400. Simply put a shorter ILR expiry date to get the correct amount. No one is going to care about the shorter date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)