ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M married or unmarried

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:21 am

Th100 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:09 am
Hello all,

I would like to ask one question.
If I get married within my visa curtailment, will my application still be valid ?

Immigration status requirements
E-LTRP.2.1. The applicant must not be in the UK-

(a) as a visitor; or
(b) with valid leave granted for a period of 6 months or less, unless that leave is as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or was granted pending the outcome of family court or divorce proceedings

Will I be counted as my status is not valid to proceed ? Will fiancé be the best choice for me?

Thanks
This doesn't apply to your case as your visa was issued for longer than 6 months. It is referring specifically to visas issued for 6 months or less (excluding Fiance visas applied for from abroad).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Th100
Newly Registered

Post by Th100 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:51 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

I hope everything will go smoothly. I will keep it update.

I didn’t mention before that my new partner is dual citizen . He is half French and half British. Therefore, he has both of the passport.

Will there be any reason home office could decline by stating we can continue our relationship in France or out of U.K. ?

Thanks

Th100
Newly Registered

Post by Th100 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:23 pm

Hello All,

My decree nisi will be announced tomorrow and need to wait 6 weeks and one day for decreasing absolute.

When should I let HO know about divorce? I’m thinking about letting them know after I gave notice to council to get married with my new partner. Say around July as we’re thinking of giving notice in June.

Will there any problem since council need to let HO know about notice?

My thinking is that if I let them know in July I won’t get curtailment as it less than 60 days. If I let them know in June, they will give me 60 days. Then I might have to give notice to council 70 days. Which mean there’s a chance that I will be overstay and my clock will set back to zero again if I want to apply ILR in next two years.

Any idea or advice please.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:25 pm

You are only officially divorced when you get the decree absolute.

The curtailment letter takes a few weeks, sometimes a couple of months, to get sent out. It is not immediate from when you notify HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Th100
Newly Registered

Post by Th100 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi CR001,

Thank you for your quick reply.

So will it be ok if I send out the form from gov website on the same as I’m giving notice to Council? Or should I let them know later after my notice appointment?

Th100
Newly Registered

FLR M married or unmarried

Post by Th100 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 am

Hello All member,

I would like to update my process if that would help anyone and want to ask a few questions.

I’ve got my decree nisi and tomorrow I can apply my decree absolute.
My new partner and I have booked to give notice for marriage at council next Friday. We also booked standard ceremony as well after calculating 70 days just in case. So the ceremony is in September. Meanwhile I’m started to collect all paperwork as possible.
I signed and added my name on my partner tendency contract. So fingercross everything will be fine. I will update later on with any news as well.

I got two questions. Even though I moved in with new partner and signed tendency contract in June. I changed my bank address as his since January. Will it be issue when I show my six months bank statement?
I still work in Manchester, so I’m not always there in my partner city but all our utilities bills and everything are in joint name now. Will it be issue because I work in different city ? I don’t wanna change job until I’m sure about my visa first.

Thank you for all your help.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:33 pm

Th100 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 am
Hello All member,

I would like to update my process if that would help anyone and want to ask a few questions.

My new partner and I have booked to give notice for marriage at council next Friday. We also booked standard ceremony as well after calculating 70 days just in case. So the ceremony is in September. Meanwhile I’m started to collect all paperwork as possible.
I signed and added my name on my partner tendency contract. So fingercross everything will be fine. I will update later on with any news as well.

I got two questions. Even though I moved in with new partner and signed tendency contract in June. I changed my bank address as his since January. Will it be issue when I show my six months bank statement?
I still work in Manchester, so I’m not always there in my partner city but all our utilities bills and everything are in joint name now. Will it be issue because I work in different city ? I don’t wanna change job until I’m sure about my visa first.

Your post has been moved to your own topic from the member's thread you had tagged onto. It's not only unfair to the other member, but it also causes confusion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:37 pm

Casa wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:33 pm
Th100 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:37 am
Hello All member,

Your post has been moved to your own topic from the member's thread you had tagged onto. It's not only unfair to the other member, but it also causes confusion.
Sorry Casa, I have merged them again as it is the same user. Previous username log in details weren't' working.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 am
Casa wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:18 am
Why have you registered another user name :?:
member/Th31nt/
CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:32 am
Th100 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:29 am
Hi all,

I have no idea what happened to my previous account as I can’t log in or request new password anymore. 😔
Anyway I will explain everything back again and I hope all you can help.
Useful to state what your previous username was otherwise how are we supposed to know :idea: :idea:
Th100 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:03 pm
Hi CR001,

My previous username was Th31nt. I tried to contact admin as well. I didn’t get any reply. 😔
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Th100
Newly Registered

FLR M documents

Post by Th100 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 am

Hello All,

I moved in my British partner in June but I changed my bank statement since Jan.

We’re planning to apply FLR M in around sept. Will there be any issue when all my six months bank statement are under current address and we say we moved in together in June in application form ?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M documents

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:58 pm

Th100 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 am
Hello All,

I moved in my British partner in June but I changed my bank statement since Jan.

We’re planning to apply FLR M in around sept. Will there be any issue when all my six months bank statement are under current address and we say we moved in together in June in application form ?

Thanks
Shouldn't be any issue as long as both partner's addresses kept on corresponding each other.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Th100
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M documents

Post by Th100 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:59 am

Hello all,

Just a bit of update with my process.
HO allows us to get married with only 28days notice. 😊

However, I haven’t let HO know about my divorce yet. I have printed out everything. Will there be any problems if I let HO knows about my divorce like two months later? They just mentioned I have to report as soon as possible but didn’t actually mention time frame.

Thank you all for your help and answers.