ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amkay

Tier 4 Dependent

Post by amkay » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:31 am

My wife applied for Tier 4 dependent visa at the same time with my Tier 4 visa but her application refused because our documents was not sufficient to show that our relationship is subsisting. Now we want to apply again with more documents but few months past and my course will finish in about 5 months and my Tier 4 visa will also expire in less than 9 months, should we apply for Tier 4 dependent for her? or she will have more chance with a visitor visa?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Dependent

Post by sah10406 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm

amkay wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:31 am
Now we want to apply again with more documents but few months past and my course will finish in about 5 months and my Tier 4 visa will also expire in less than 9 months, should we apply for Tier 4 dependent for her? or she will have more chance with a visitor visa?
Whichever suits your plans best. If you are going home after your studies anyway, she can come as a visitor for 6 months then you can go home together. If you plan to extend your stay, and hers, she could only do that as your dependant.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

amkay

Post by amkay » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Thanks for your reply, but I think based on bellow section on PBS dependent guidance document we can not apply for dependent visa anymore:

"53. Tier 4 (General) students who will be studying in the UK for six months or less and those studying
on a part-time course cannot bring their partners and/or children (also known as dependants) to
the United Kingdom with them."

Can we apply for PBS dependent before extending my visa? you know it is not easy to extend my visa now because my course is not finished yet.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:36 pm

amkay wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:05 pm
Can we apply for PBS dependent before extending my visa?
Yes. For some reason you are reading paragraph 53 in isolation. It is paragraph 51 that explains which Tier 4 migrants can have dependants. See sub-paragraph (ii) if you are a postgraduate student on a course of 9 months or more at a HEI, or sub-paragraph (i) if you are not postgraduate but you are government-sponsored on a course of six months or more.

The guidance is based on paragraphs 319C(i)(i) and (ii) of the immigration rules.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

amkay

Post by amkay » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Just another question, most of our documents such as marriage certificate is translated about 9 months ago, is it necessary to we have a newer translation?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:25 pm

amkay wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 pm
Just another question, most of our documents such as marriage certificate is translated about 9 months ago, is it necessary to we have a newer translation?
All the requirements of any translation are listed in the same guidance at paragraph 14.