ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

South African - any chance to get into the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Messenger1915
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

South African - any chance to get into the UK

Post by Messenger1915 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:58 pm

A SA friend has a daughter in the UK - daughter has BP through her dad (who was previously married to my friend). She is late 50s and alone in SA now as her daughter (adult) is in the UK and her son (adult) in France. Does she stand any chance of getting into the UK? She runs a small stain glass/pottery business so is self-employed. Not ideal for the point system I know. Just wondered if anyone on here knew of any possibilities?
Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: South African - any chance to get into the UK

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:30 pm

If she has strong ties with her country then can apply visitor visa which might succeed because of her small business. Doing own business means she don't need any special care like bathing, feeding, medication etc which usually need to prove for getting adult relative dependant which is very hard to get. Better might be the visitor visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Re: South African - any chance to get into the UK

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:10 pm

If the intention is for her to settle in the UK, a visitor visa won't enable her to do that. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.