ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR criteria guidance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shailpriya Jain
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Dependent ILR criteria guidance

Post by Shailpriya Jain » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:18 pm

Hello

Pls guide me ....

We came to UK originally on ICT and my partner was dependent on me for 3 years.
There after partner got tier 2 pbs visa in August 2016 . and myself and both children are on dependent visa since Dec 2016 switching from tier 2 ict visa.

My questions are :

1. Since my partner will be eligible to get ILR after completion of 5 years from the date she got pbs tier 2 visa , whether myself and two childrens will be eligible at same time and can apply together as we have been living together in uk since last 8 years including my ict visa period. Or my self and both children ( one will be above 18 at that time) will have to wait for 3-4 months more to apply for ILR - as my self and both children will be completing 5 years on dependent visa in December 2021. To further clarify my question is whether 5 year period of living together in uk will account from dependent visa status only or it can also accounts for residing in UK on other visa like Tier 2 ICT.

2. If I am not eligible as dependent partner to apply for ILR along with my partner then Whether both childrens ( one will be above 18 at that time ) can apply for ILR along with my partner who will be eligible for ILR.

Hope I am clear with my question.

Thanks in adavance !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent ILR criteria guidance

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:21 pm

1. No, you cannot apply at the same time. Your visa qualifying period starts from the date your dependent visa was issued, as do your childrens. Any time spent on ICT does not count. Your partner can of course wait and apply with the whole family in December 2021.

2. No, they will qualify when you qualify.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shailpriya Jain
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Dependent ILR criteria guidance

Post by Shailpriya Jain » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks