ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DVILR enquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aladino

Enquiry about spouse visa

Post by Aladino » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:43 pm

hello, I am sorry to open new topic because I didn't find my old topics here.
I am on spouse visa here in the UK, my wife is disabled she has severe mental health condition BIPOLAR, her illness becomes advanced and in a serious stage, I am living in hell everyday arguments and she has hilusination, she imagine things about people coming in the house and she talk ambiguous about somebody and someone anyway she made me very frustrated if i want to go for a work she doesn't let me because she doesn't want them to take her benefits from her, I don't eat like normal people because she doesn't buy food (as her illness prevent her from eating she stay without food for weeks just drinking juice) am sorry to make it long but I don't know anyone here to talk i tried to make friends she start thinking that There's conspiracy she lives in fiction i talked to her doc he said that's her illness and it's hard to understand or even expect any thing or behaviours from her.
So my question: is there anyway I can extend my visa without her sponsorship as I can't hear to be humiliated everyday... thank you in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Enquiry about spouse visa

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:03 am

If you have no children then without her (British/ILR holder) sponsorship you won't be able to extend your visa. In my view you might be overworking or spending a lot time outside your home. If so then better to get some holidays or take reasonably some time off to spend with her which might fix this issue. A lot problems get resolved simply through mutual attention.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:45 am

Thank you,really appreciate your answer.
But the problem is I came to the UK last December and I didn't start any job until now, in addition she prevent me from working because she doesn't want them to stop her benefits PIP and ESA. I am always with her at home trying to help her with some things but as I said she act very very strange.. she hear and see things and imagining things that's not real ...

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:32 pm

Hello please I need an advise.
What are the options for someone on spouse visa but his partner has a serious mental illness (BIPOLAR disorder) and being aggressive not physically but humiliation and living in hell, spend all the time cleaning and cooking for her, I thought it's temporary but she start making it as it's an obligation for me to do everything while she's sleeping or watching tv .. if i try to speak, she say go home where you was ... I feel like I am a slave ... please give me options..

Thank you in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:48 pm

Aladino wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:32 pm
Hello please I need an advise.
What are the options for someone on spouse visa but his partner has a serious mental illness (BIPOLAR disorder) and being aggressive not physically but humiliation and living in hell, spend all the time cleaning and cooking for her, I thought it's temporary but she start making it as it's an obligation for me to do everything while she's sleeping or watching tv .. if i try to speak, she say go home where you was ... I feel like I am a slave ... please give me options..

Thank you in advance
Without child there is no way and proving domestic violence might be almost impossible since the person is disabled.

How had you met the subsisting relationship requirement while getting initial spouse visa?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:57 am

When i met her she was ok in a matter of bihaviours ... we spent more than a year together in my country she was visiting me every 2 months for a month at a time.. the problem started when i came to England, she changed completely because they reduce her medicines.. and she start talking to me like a slave .. no friends no job .. I am totally in a prison .. by the way all her family and her kids estranged her and they warned me when I came that I'll struggle with her .. but i realised that now ...

I want any solution to get out of this situation... her son threatening me because i am Muslim.. I want to stay and build my life that I lost in my country I lost my job my everything there

Aladino

DVILR enquiry

Post by Aladino » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Hello, as I mentioned before in my previous thread, I came to the UK last December on spouse visa, my wife has BIPOLAR disorder, and she is always distressed and anxious till extent she let me hungry all the day and wondering in the streets without no money or food, she banned me to get a job despite I got job offers many times because they will take her benefits if i work, I feel really humiliated specially after I got diabetes last month type 1 which require injecting myself twice a day, my health conditions going up the crick, I want to apply for DVILR and I was reading about it but I don't know which proof that can support my case, I was thinking to talk to my GP, but I am worried that his letter will not be sufficient as a proof .. advice me please 

​​​​​​​thank you in advance 

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: DVILR enquiry

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Given her condition, it is not her fault as she has a mental illness. You signed up for it when you came to this country knowing her condition. If her condition has deteriorated and you cannot handle that I am sorry but you do not have any case of domestic violence here. Seems like you are worried about your ILR but as said earlier by another member, you are dependent on her for your extension/ILR. Also as you said you came in Dec so your in UK only for 4 months. You have a weak case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 pm

I talk to a immigration lawyer and explained my situation he said i have a good case in addition that the sister of my wife will write a letter explain the situation that I am in and say all what she witnessed also the CPN of my wife will write a letter to explain how she let me hungry and wondering in the street and all sort of controlling behaviours that I faced .. do you think this letters can help ?

Aladino

DVILR enquiry

Post by Aladino » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Hello, I came to the UK last December, on spouse visa and was surprised that my wife changed with me completely by the interfering of her family and her CPN; my wife has BIPOLAR disorder and she spent with me A lots of time in my home country she was visiting me every two months for a month at a time, then we applied for spouse visa and it was garanted last December 2018, after i arrived everything was ok, then maybe month later i start feeling that she changed as her family didn't like me cos I couldn't find a job despite I was applying for a lots of jobs everyday and handling my cv to a lots of agencies, anyway she start making me clean the whole house and wash but she doesn't by food and when i ask her she go ballistic and shout at me telling me that i am a burden, I got diabetes the second month I mean last February and it becomes worst, she start making me sleep with 3 puppies, a dog and three cats, surrounded with "pow and weee"
And I have to clean that everyday, her son start threatening to come and kill me because of my religion (Muslim) and I got a message from unknown contain threat that some people coming to kill me, so I put all my effort to look for a job so I support myself and buy food because I am injecting myself twice a day so my needs for the food becomes more,(special food), after i got 2 job offers I was happy but not too long as she hold my passport,BRP card and bank card, telling me if I work they will stop her benefits, then she kicks me outside the house so I called the police, and told them all thw abuse that i faced but in stead of taking me to a safe place they talk to her an she let me in to sleep in the sofa, but they didn't know that I wanted to get away from this abusive relationship, the next day was the same so I had to call the police again which came and saw everything I said (where I sleep and the policemen told me that i am lucky to be away from all that) they drove me to a hotel and left me there.. the next day I because homeless I went to the council to seek help or where to stay they said I am not eligible, and I have to apply for the 3 months consession to make me eligible for this service, I told my GP about all this he put it in his records and put me on anti depression and I have a social worker (adult care) following my case since the beginning, I have 2 police reports ( the police said that it's not offensive to the council when i went there)
My questions are:
1) do you think I have a chance if i apply for DVILR ?
2) if i got a flight back home to visit my family before applying would that affect my application or considering destitute ?
3) do I have enough evidence considering what I said about the police reports?

Thanks in advance and I apologize for making it too long

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:06 pm

Topics merged again!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:06 pm
Topics merged again!!!
What do you mean ? ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Aladino wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:06 pm
Topics merged again!!!
What do you mean ? ??
Please keep your questions in one topic. You started a new one again in a different sub forum and I merged it again with your previous one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:38 am

Aladino wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:57 am
by the way all her family and her kids estranged her and they warned me when I came that I'll struggle with her

... her son threatening me because i am Muslim..
You say her son is estranged from his mother...but then you say he isn't???

Aladino wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:57 am
I want to stay and build my life that I lost in my country I lost my job my everything there
:? You only left your country 4 months ago, 3 months when you started this thread/s. If the marriage has not worked out how you hoped, then why not return home and pick up your life there?

Aladino

Post by Aladino » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:00 pm

How did you calculate 3 months please ? From March to April is 3 months for you??? I mean by estranged they don't visit her in the house, is that ok ?? And I am asking for informations from people who did this process, I am not asking for suggestions, if you 're giving me money or helping me to stay here stop it ok ? You are not in my situation or in the shit that I am going through, so please don't judge people that you don't know and defend the visa and all that stuff cos it's not your business to tell me wether to go home or not

Thank you