ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married Malaysia

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Charlie121
Newly Registered
Anguilla

Married Malaysia

Post by Charlie121 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:55 pm

Hello Everyone

I am a UK born citizen married and have 3 children. I work full time earn £32k Annually at the moment.

I used to work abroad about 12 months met this woman in Malaysia fell in love now I want to bring her here.

However I have no intention to divorce my wife due to complications (family estate / property and restrictions on my children)

I don't have a great deal of saving in the bank maybe around £12k

My girlfriend is a Malaysian national she has a basic job as a cleaner, her English is good however would be unable to support herself here in the UK with her Malaysian salary.

Any ideas on the best route for her to visit me for long periods of time 6 or 12 months ?

Thanks in advance

Casa

Re: Married Malaysia

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:08 am

From the situation you have outlined in your post, there is only the PBS route - work or study. There is no employment sponsorship for working as a cleaner as the Tier 1 General route was closed some years ago.

Unlikely that she will be granted a visitor visa due to having stronger reasons to remain in the UK than she appears to have in her home country. Neither is there a visitor visa which will permit her extended stays in the UK, which would be seen as 'residing', not visiting.

Your topic is headed 'Married in Malaysia'. Hopefully you haven't married your girlfriend, as you are not free to do so! :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Charlie121
Newly Registered
Anguilla

Post by Charlie121 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:40 am

Thanks for your reply casa

Study Route- I do know is very expensive because I have done some research at the local University and tution starts from £16K per year she certainly has not got this amount of money.

Work Route - With this route I don't understand how this would work because employers in the UK I am sure could just get a cleaner locally or from Europe easier than bringing all the way from Malaysia as there is no job shortage.

Seems like there is no hope for his one would you agree ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:08 am
There is no employment sponsorship for working as a cleaner as the Tier 1 General route was closed some years ago.
Exactly....as I mentioned in my previous post. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Charlie121
Newly Registered
Anguilla

Post by Charlie121 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:48 pm

What about if there was a child in the equation would that make a difference since it would provide a family connection to me and her.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:19 pm

Charlie121 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:48 pm
What about if there was a child in the equation would that make a difference since it would provide a family connection to me and her.
Having a child together doesn't give the right to a settlement visa while you remain married to your wife.
(Casa, not CR001)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:50 pm

Given your circumstances you are better working out a way to work in Malaysia rather than trying to get her to the UK.

I note you did not confirm that you have not married the individual. If you have married then you can forget the idea of your second wife ever coming to the UK.

Charlie121
Newly Registered
Anguilla

Post by Charlie121 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:20 pm

No not married in Malaysia just GF at this point however there is no hope with forbidden love.

Thanks to everyone for the good advise and setting the expectations.