ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr(fp) question about sending further evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fay11344
Newly Registered
Mood:
Barbados

Can overstayer use the premium service

Post by Fay11344 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi, I am in need of some advice.

I am a British citizen. My partner is Mauritian and arrived here when he was 13 years old with his parent. They didn’t claim asylum straight away till his parents were caught working illegally. Fast forward 10 years his parents have exhausted all routes and appeals and HO won’t grant them Lear to remain. I met him in 2012 when we were 16/17 and we have been together ever since. I’ve gone to uni and graduated and have a good job whereas my partner was kicked out of college due to his funding not going through when his appeal failed and he’s been like that since. We applied under the partner route in 2017 on our own (first time he’s made an application on his own, without his parents) whilst I was still at uni and I still met the requirements for money and accommodation but they refused us because they said his parents never mentioned him having a girlfriend in their previous appeals and he was still listed as living with his parents. Fair enough we let it be because we didn’t have money to pay for another application. We recently had a baby girl and we want to apply under the parent route. Our lawyer says it’s a solid case because we have been together for years and we have the previous application we made to prove it and he is now the father of a British born child. He has also been in this country for half his life. But he has been an overstayer for 10+ years and that’s always held against him even tho he was a child under his parents care for more than half that Time. He barely speaks his home language and has no connections there and we are not from the same country so I can’t be expected to take my child and go live there. I have my job my family and my child here so no way I can move across the world. We are struggling to pay bills as I am now on maternity leave and he has no job due to being illegal. He doesn’t even have proof of ID.

My question is can we use the premium same day service to have our application looked at? He has a British child, our relationship is solid ( previous home office application to prove it), he has been here for more than half his life.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can overstayer use the premium service

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:40 pm

There is no longer a premium same day service. The centres have closed. The new service is UKCVAS Sopra Steria, but the quickest option is 24 hours decision, costing an extra £800 on top of the visa fee and IHS fee. Your partner is unlikely to get a quick decision due to the complexity of their circumstances and applying on FLR(FP). There is also no guarantee he will be granted a visa under either the parent or private life route. Complex FLR(FP) applications are currently taking between 6 months and 18 months to be processed.

You state he has no proof of ID. He will likely need a passport for a visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fay11344
Newly Registered
Mood:
Barbados

Flr(fp) question about sending further evidence

Post by Fay11344 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi, could someone pls offer some advice.

My partner is Mauritian and I am a British citizen. 2 years ago we applied under private life and the application was unsuccessful. We just got a letter from the HO saying we have till the 27th May to send it further evidence. We recently had a baby and want to include her as further evidence by sending in her birth certificate and further proof of address from the last 2 years. My partner has been here 11 months short of half his life. I meet the financial requirements and we have lived together for 4 years. The grounds which the application was refused before no longer exist.

I was just wondering if this will work. I don’t really trust our lawyer he just wants money to be honest and need to make sure this route will work before we pay him. Could anyone offer advice.