ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROI to NI with no UK passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sallen507
Newly Registered
Bolivia

ROI to NI with no UK passport

Post by sallen507 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Hey all!

My son is Bolivian, adopted by me (UK citizen) in Bolivia. We're applying for UK citizenship, and wanting to travel to the Republic of Ireland (where there are no requirements for Bolivian citizens other than an outward flight) and then drive up North where I am from. Are there any legal issues if we do so without a UK passport, but in receipt of his UK Citizenship Certificate? I don't want to break any rules, but I would also rather not have to apply for a passport here in Bolivia because it's a nightmare. Just to clarify - my son would be a UK citizen by this point, just wouldn't have his UK passport yet.

Thanks in advance!

Casa

Re: ROI to NI with no UK passport

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:02 pm

sallen507 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 pm
Hey all!

My son is Bolivian, adopted by me (UK citizen) in Bolivia. We're applying for UK citizenship, and wanting to travel to the Republic of Ireland (where there are no requirements for Bolivian citizens other than an outward flight) and then drive up North where I am from. Are there any legal issues if we do so without a UK passport, but in receipt of his UK Citizenship Certificate? I don't want to break any rules, but I would also rather not have to apply for a passport here in Bolivia because it's a nightmare. Just to clarify - my son would be a UK citizen by this point, just wouldn't have his UK passport yet.

Thanks in advance!
Please continue in your original thread.

ireland/roi-to-ni-with-no-uk-passport-t ... l#p1773512
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.