ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Document and application check

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Document and application check

Post by ObiEff01 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi,

I am preparing to submit an FLR (M) application for my wife. She was granted her initial spouse visa in August 2016 and her visa expires mid May 2019.We have completed the online application (Category A) and come up with the below document list to submit, we have based this off the list provided at the end of the application:

Identification Documents
Applicants Original Passport
Applicant's BRP
Scan of biometric page of Sponsor's Passport (accompanied by letter from employer saying it is a true copy)
Financial Requirement
6 months payslips from sponsors employer
6 months bank statements in name of sponsor
Letter from employer confirming authenticity of Sponsors Payslips and Employment Contract
Sponsors Employment Contract
Accommodation Requirement
Tenancy Agreement between landlord and Applicant and Sponsor
Letter from Landlord confirming the digitally signed agreement is genuine and confirming the rent amount
Latest Council Tax Bill
English Language Requirement
UK Naric Letter confirming degree is equivalent to a British Bachelors Degree
Transcript from applicants university (do they want the course list or actual degree award certificate?)
Items of Correspondence
14th September 2016 - NHS Letter (name of applicant)
30th September 2016 - Barclays Bank Statement (name of sponsor)
13th March 2017 - Council tax bill (both names)
4th August 2017 - Council tax bill (both names)
2nd February 2018 - Barclays Bank Statement (name of sponsor)
17th February 2018 - Barclaycard letter (name of applicant)
19th July 2018 - M&S Bank Statement (name of sponsor)
20th July 2018 - Barclays Bank Statement (name of applicant)
19th November 2018 - M&S Bank Statement (name of sponsor)
27th November 2018 - DVLA letter (name of applicant)
12th April 2019 - LLoyds Bank Letter (name of sponsor)
16th April 2019 - NHS letter (name of applicant)

I'd appreciate it if anyone is able to look through the above and give me feedback on whether it is satisfactory. I also had a few questions that I wanted to ask regarding the correspondence and the application:
  • Do I provide just the first page of each letter or must I provide all pages?
  • On some letters the printer has run out of space and miss a letter off the end of my name, is that an issue? (happens on the barclays statements sometimes, when it runs out of room to print)
  • Is it ok to provide a bill where I have removed the Giro pay slip from the bottom?
  • Is it ok to provide a bill where I have written a note on it (date it was paid in the corner)?
  • Barclays bank statements do not have a date when it was sent, just a statement date at the top of the page, is this ok?
  • I get paid the last working day of the month, I plan on submitting the application before then but was wondering do I have to include the payslip given that my appointment will be after I have been paid?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) Document and application check

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 pm

ObiEff01 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:13 pm

Transcript from applicants university (do they want the course list or actual degree award certificate?)

Apart of these you will also need to attach NARIC own issued letter of proficiency to meet the English requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 pm
ObiEff01 wrote:

Apart of these you will also need to attach NARIC own issued letter of proficiency to meet the English requirement.
I have two Naric letters, both are from 2016 when we applied for the initial spouse visa. The first has this assesment "Is considered comparable to British Bachelor degree standard". The second has Level of English "The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level c1". Since the English language requirement has since been updated I believe the second letter is useless now. Shouldn't the first on be enough, the application document guidance says "NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched"

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:42 pm

ObiEff01 wrote:
Hi,

I am preparing to submit an FLR (M) application for my wife. She was granted her initial spouse visa in August 2016 and her visa expires mid May 2019.We have completed the online application (Category A) and come up with the below document list to submit, we have based this off the list provided at the end of the application:

Identification Documents
Applicants Original Passport plus previous passport if that includes the current visa
Applicant's BRP
Scan of biometric page of Sponsor's Passport might be wise to include full copy of passport (accompanied by letter from employer saying it is a true copy not required)
Financial Requirement
Letter from employer confirming authenticity of Sponsors Payslips letter needs to confirm employment and gross annual salary, length of employment, period over which they’ve been paid the salary being relied upon and type of employment ie permanent, fixed-term contract or agency and Employment Contract employment contract not required
Letter from Landlord confirming the digitally signed agreement is genuine and confirming the rent amount
Latest Council Tax Bill
Items of Correspondence You need to cover the 2 years up to application date so April 2017 to April 2019. You need a total of 6 items from 3 different sources in joint names. If you don’t have 6 in joint names, you can provide 6 for sponsor and 6 for applicant, again each from 3 different sources. Eg 1 joint item is equivalent of 2 individual named items. Seems you have 1 document each short.

I'd appreciate it if anyone is able to look through the above and give me feedback on whether it is satisfactory. I also had a few questions that I wanted to ask regarding the correspondence and the application:
Provide all pages of each document. Why risk a query/refusal over such a matter when its easily provided?
  • On some letters the printer has run out of space and miss a letter off the end of my name, is that an issue? (happens on the barclays statements sometimes, when it runs out of room to print)
  • Is it ok to provide a bill where I have removed the Giro pay slip from the bottom?
Yes
  • Is it ok to provide a bill where I have written a note on it (date it was paid in the corner)?
Yes!
  • Barclays bank statements do not have a date when it was sent, just a statement date at the top of the page, is this ok?
Yes
  • I get paid the last working day of the month, I plan on submitting the application before then but was wondering do I have to include the payslip given that my appointment will be after I have been paid?
You need to include the 6 payslips you are relying on + matching bank statements.

Remember documents need to be dated prior to the application submission date. In this case dated prior to the date you complete the online application. Also they cannot be older than 28 dates prior to the application date.
Where I have not commented, other members may be able to advise

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:19 pm

ObiEff01 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 pm
seagul wrote:
ObiEff01 wrote:

I have two Naric letters, both are from 2016 when we applied for the initial spouse visa. The first has this assesment "Is considered comparable to British Bachelor degree standard". The second has Level of English "The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level c1". Since the English language requirement has since been updated I believe the second letter is useless now. Shouldn't the first on be enough, the application document guidance says "NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched"
https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... fault.aspx
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:35 pm

Thanks for your help ariamus.
ariamus wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:42 pm
ObiEff01 wrote:
Hi,

Identification Documents
Applicants Original Passport plus previous passport if that includes the current visa
Applicant's BRP
Scan of biometric page of Sponsor's Passport might be wise to include full copy of passport Will provide a full scan(accompanied by letter from employer saying it is a true copy not required)
Financial Requirement
Letter from employer confirming authenticity of Sponsors Payslips letter needs to confirm employment and gross annual salary, length of employment, period over which they’ve been paid the salary being relied upon and type of employment ie permanent, fixed-term contract or agency and Employment Contract employment contract not required The checklist provided after the online application explicitly mentions providing the employment contract
Latest Council Tax Bill
Items of Correspondence You need to cover the 2 years up to application date so April 2017 to April 2019. You need a total of 6 items from 3 different sources in joint names. If you don’t have 6 in joint names, you can provide 6 for sponsor and 6 for applicant, again each from 3 different sources. Eg 1 joint item is equivalent of 2 individual named items. Seems you have 1 document each short. I was under the impression that it was since the last leave of absence was granted. My documents include 2 joint and 10 individual though if we exclude the September 2016 and March 2017 they are short, I will find something for around May 2017 to fill the gap there

Provide all pages of each document. Why risk a query/refusal over such a matter when its easily provided?
Yes
Yes!
Yes
You need to include the 6 payslips you are relying on + matching bank statements.
I was just wondering if I submit before pay day, but appointment is after pay day do I need to submit the new payslip and an updated letter
Remember documents need to be dated prior to the application submission date. In this case dated prior to the date you complete the online application. Also they cannot be older than 28 dates prior to the application date.
So I cannot include any proof at all that is dated after the date of the application, even a council tax bill? I have requested a council tax bill but it takes 7-10 days to arrive and I am not sure what the date on it will be. Should I delay the application until that comes? If i do I will need to update payslips/employer letter
Where I have not commented, other members may be able to advise
Last edited by ObiEff01 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:19 pm
ObiEff01 wrote:
seagul wrote:
ObiEff01 wrote:

Thanks for your help Seagul, I looked through the site and saw the example of their letter, seems they have made it look more like a certificate now and it comes as two parts (letter and assessment). I have the older Blue letter headed certificates from 2016. Do I need to re apply?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:23 pm

ObiEff01 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:19 pm
ObiEff01 wrote:
seagul wrote:

Thanks for your help Seagul, I looked through the site and saw the example of their letter, seems they have made it look more like a certificate now and it comes as two parts (letter and assessment). I have the older Blue letter headed certificates from 2016. Do I need to re apply?
Why not you contact to NARIC who maybe able to reissue you that under their current red route which make your case more straight.

smj_jak

Post by smj_jak » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:59 am

Hi All,

Here I am in same situation where I got the old NARIC letter in BLUE from 2016,

Could some please confirm and advise where do I have to obtain the new letter in RED from NARIC ?

However I have alrady submitted my application and my appoint ment with Soper in next 2 days.

Any help and advise will me much appricited.

Regards

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:07 pm

I contacted UK NARIC and asked them if the certificates are still valid, this is their reply "We do not place an expiry date on our documents. However, as you are presenting them to the Home Office we recommend asking them directly if they will accept a document that is 3 years old. In our experience the older style documents are still accepted" I am moving forward with providing those documents.

ObiEff01
Newly Registered

Post by ObiEff01 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:32 pm

I've just come across some posts here and on the other large immigration forum, where moderators stated that credit card statements are not strong proof for correspondence. Is this true? It isn't included in the list of potential evidence provided in the online form, however when I search on google there are quite a few examples where people have said they have used it and what seems to be guidance mentioning it.

Should I absolutely avoid including them?

smj_jak

Post by smj_jak » Wed May 01, 2019 4:05 pm

ObiEff01 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 2:07 pm
I contacted UK NARIC and asked them if the certificates are still valid, this is their reply "We do not place an expiry date on our documents. However, as you are presenting them to the Home Office we recommend asking them directly if they will accept a document that is 3 years old. In our experience the older style documents are still accepted" I am moving forward with providing those documents.
Hi All,

Thanks for your update. However today I got mail from UK NARIC. Please find below.

"Thank you for your message.

The UK Home Office’s requirements for visa applications has changed since 2016. Rather than just a letter confirming the academic level of the qualification, the Home Office now also require a statement confirm the level of English proficiency of the award.

In response to these changes, we launched in conjunction with the Home Office the Visas & Nationality service. The Visas & Nationality service replaces the Home Office UKVI Points-Based Calculator web pages. This is the new designated service supporting individuals applying for UK visas or for settlement in the UK, provided by UK NARIC on behalf of the Home Office.

For information on the service and how to apply, please visit the following page:

https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20 ... ation.aspx

We recommend that you check with the Home Office UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) if you need a statement from UK NARIC for your particular immigration application and your particular situation (and if any additional paperwork or evidence is necessary). UKVI (and not UK NARIC) has the final word on all these matters.

The Visas and Nationality Service costs £125 + VAT (£150) and is a 10 Working Day turnaround. Please visit our website and Take the Red Route for Visas and Nationality to read further about the Service that we provide.

To provide this service we do require the following documents for each of the qualifications you would like to be included:

Final Certificate

Full Academic Transcripts / Mark Sheets

A Medium of Instruction Letter from the Awarding Institution

I hope this information is of assistance to you. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Chris

Information Adviser

UK NARIC

The National Recognition Information Center for the United Kingdom"

Now I have no time to get this new certificate. I will be proceeding with Old Certificate. If some one could advise will be very helpful.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed May 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Members either got straight refusals or being transferred to 10 years route in the absence of NARIC own issued statement of English proficiency.

smj_jak

Post by smj_jak » Thu May 02, 2019 11:29 am

seagul wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:20 pm
Members either got straight refusals or being transferred to 10 years route in the absence of NARIC own issued statement of English proficiency.
Today I call home office they said "you can use same UK NARIC letter as you have used first time"

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 02, 2019 5:53 pm

smj_jak wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:29 am
seagul wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:20 pm
Today I call home office they said "you can use same UK NARIC letter as you have used first time"
Never blindly trust on advice given by telephone operator who mostly are agency staff with no immigration knowledge. As stated earlier that without NARIC own issued statement of English proficiency the requirement won't be met.

Jonesy85
Newly Registered

Post by Jonesy85 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:12 pm

I know this thread hasn’t had recent activity, but just for the benefit if other are in the same boat regarding the Blue NARIC letter.

If you are applying for FLR and you have the blue NARIC confirmation (Certificate of comparability AND English language assessment) that you used in the original successful leave to enter application then there is no requirement to apply for the red NARIC letter.

I received this in writing from the Home Office and my wife visa was approved with the blue NARIC document.