ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund is Applicable?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khan7866
Pakistan

Refund is Applicable?

Post by khan7866 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi Guys,

I applied for Tier-1 extension in August 2017. I haven't received any response related to the approval/rejection of my application yet. However, In a few days, I will be applicable to apply for ILR as my 5 years in the UK are going to complete. Therefore, I am thinking to apply for the ILR related to that I have 2 questions.

1. Is it possible to ask the Home Office to refund the fee I paid for Tier-1 Visa extension application? (As they haven't made any decision yet)
2. If YES, What will be the procedure I need to follow?

I will really appreciate the suggestions of you guys.

Kind regards
Hassan

Member of Standing

Re: Refund is Applicable?

Post by 10020132 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:10 am

You can vary your application to ILR and they will refund the fees automatically.

Though there is bit of confusion about eligibility of such an application of ILR

khan7866
Pakistan

Post by khan7866 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:14 am

Thank you so much for your reply.

Can you please elaborate your given below point a bit more in detail?

"Though there is bit of confusion about eligibility of such an application of ILR"

Thanks

khan7866
Pakistan

Post by khan7866 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:14 am

10020132 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:10 am
You can vary your application to ILR and they will refund the fees automatically.

Though there is bit of confusion about eligibility of such an application of ILR
Thank you so much for your reply.

Can you please elaborate your given below point a bit more in detail?

"Though there is bit of confusion about eligibility of such an application of ILR"

Thanks

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:32 am

As according to some people you can't apply for ilr unless your extension is approved

be123+

Post by be123+ » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:03 pm

Once your application is processed. There's no refund for you. It's only IHS that you will get refund from the home office if you apply other application or rejected by the HO.

Member of Standing

Post by 10020132 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:12 pm

Once your application is processed. There's no refund for you. It's only IHS that you will get refund from the home office if you apply other application or rejected by the HO.

This is incorrect. You don't get refund only if your application is decided (accepted or rejected) but if you vary the application before it is decided then you do get the full refund of your first application and you have to pay only for the second application. I have received it once I varied in the past and very recently my brothers wife also received it

khan7866
Pakistan

Post by khan7866 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:24 pm

10020132 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:12 pm

This is incorrect. You don't get refund only if your application is decided (accepted or rejected) but if you vary the application before it is decided then you do get the full refund of your first application and you have to pay only for the second application. I have received it once I varied in the past and very recently my brothers wife also received it
Thank you so much for your valuable response!!

Aditi2019
Newly Registered

Post by Aditi2019 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:36 am

Hello,
In my case, my spouse varied his Tier1 application for ILR to 5 year route before any decision was reached on the first application. It has been over 5 months now since he received ILR. ILR was received after successfully varying the application. We were hoping that an automatic refund will happen at some point. However, there is no sign of a refund. He wrote a letter to the caseworker too, but still never received a reply. Please can you guide me how to proceed? I would really appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:04 am

Aditi2019 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:36 am
Hello,
In my case, my spouse varied his Tier1 application for ILR to 5 year route before any decision was reached on the first application. It has been over 5 months now since he received ILR. ILR was received after successfully varying the application. We were hoping that an automatic refund will happen at some point. However, there is no sign of a refund. He wrote a letter to the caseworker too, but still never received a reply. Please can you guide me how to proceed? I would really appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks
Need to keep chasing up HO, unfortunately. Rightfully, they should be paying you interest on it - but am not sure how they calculate that.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Aditi2019
Newly Registered

Post by Aditi2019 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:11 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:04 am
Aditi2019 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks
Need to keep chasing up HO, unfortunately. Rightfully, they should be paying you interest on it - but am not sure how they calculate that.
Hello @marcnath,
Many thanks for your quick reply.
Do you happen to know if they have a designated email address/telephone line for such issues? It would really help me instead of trying to send letters and waiting days all over again.

Regards,
Aditi

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:02 pm

I would knock the doors of financial ombudsman to get the fee back including interest and time spent chasing home office for a refund. As you already have ILR so no harm talking to someone at the financial ombudsman office

Aditi2019 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:11 am
marcnath wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:04 am
Aditi2019 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks
Hello @marcnath,
Many thanks for your quick reply.
Do you happen to know if they have a designated email address/telephone line for such issues? It would really help me instead of trying to send letters and waiting days all over again.

Regards,
Aditi

Kthuphuong
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Kthuphuong » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 am

Hi. I am on the same boat here. Variation made from FLRM to ILR. Now ILR granted but no sign of Refund on the first application. I sent letter to both Case worker on the first application FLRM and the second ILR, but no reply on the Refund at all. I feel hopeless and don’t know what to do now. Have you heard anything news yet? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:24 am

Kthuphuong wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 am
Hi. I am on the same boat here. Variation made from FLRM to ILR. Now ILR granted but no sign of Refund on the first application. I sent letter to both Case worker on the first application FLRM and the second ILR, but no reply on the Refund at all. I feel hopeless and don’t know what to do now. Have you heard anything news yet? Thanks
Please post in your existing topic you already have instead of tagging onto a thread about a visa category that is completely irrelevant to yours.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/i-need-help- ... l#p1746876
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.