ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Annakhan
Newly Registered

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Annakhan » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:23 pm

I really didn’t get your first two questions but one thing is clear if you don’t have a job and you going for holidays than you need to prove your sponsor who pay for you expenses.

lemarlemar121

Post by lemarlemar121 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:33 pm

Annakhan wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:23 pm
I really didn’t get your first two questions but one thing is clear if you don’t have a job and you going for holidays than you need to prove your sponsor who pay for you expenses.
There is no financial requirement under eu family Permit. We are both students. My mother and our cousins in the UK pay for our expenses.

That was a different matter about expenses it was about tourist visa more than a year ago.

I got the answer for my first question from somewhere else. It doesn’t matter if your sponsor live or not live in the uk. You only have travel together within six months of the Permit approval.

Wifeofaking
Kenya

Post by Wifeofaking » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:06 pm

Faro786 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:29 am
@ wifeofaking no I didn’t receive anything yet waiting since January and got a not straightforward email, I’m emailing them since February and all they say is ur application is awaiting a decision, it’s useless to email them the eco doesn’t give a response, But u can email them if u need ur passport urgently or if u have other issues just tell them that u can’t wait for a long time. But let me tell U what their response will be, ur application is being considered and awaiting a decision and if u want to escalate then u I’ll have to wait 15 working days to get a response from the relevant department which they will not respond, that’s what happened to me Lol

Hi again Faro786,

Thanks for replying, any update yet have you try calling them or sending them an email?

Did you get the non straight forward email twice or once pls ? and which country did you apply from ?

Cheers

Danidanita
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by Danidanita » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Faro786 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:29 am
@ wifeofaking no I didn’t receive anything yet waiting since January and got a not straightforward email, I’m emailing them since February and all they say is ur application is awaiting a decision, it’s useless to email them the eco doesn’t give a response, But u can email them if u need ur passport urgently or if u have other issues just tell them that u can’t wait for a long time. But let me tell U what their response will be, ur application is being considered and awaiting a decision and if u want to escalate then u I’ll have to wait 15 working days to get a response from the relevant department which they will not respond, that’s what happened to me Lol
Hello Faro786

I also applied for a family permit in February and I havent got a decision yet. Have you received any news from them or any other speech rather than usual when phoning? I recently received this email that I havent seen in this Sheffield section, this may give people a clue about HOs job.

Thank you for your enquiry

As previously advised, prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK.

Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out, this was the case with this application.

Whilst I appreciate the delays are frustrating for the applicant UKVI policy and procedures must remain intact

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/KGXV4/

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

XXXXX
UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

If someone has got his decision recently of applications submitted in January-February please update me your experience. Thanks.

airbellantuono
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by airbellantuono » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:13 pm

[quote=Annakhan post_id=1772245 time=1556103518 user_id=216010]
Hi everyone
My timeline is
Biometric at tls rome 01/04/2019
Application forwarded to ECO for consideration
11/04/2019
Call to Sheffield 17/04/2019
They said nobody look at your application yet and they will look at the issue.
Called again 19/04/2019
They said application is in progress
Easter long weekend
Today i call again
They said decision has been made and wait passport collection.
I didn’t received any emails from ukvi
I don’t know is what will be happen
Too much stress
[/quote

Hi @annakhan have you received the decision yet?

Faro786
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faro786 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:59 pm

@ danidanita no I haven’t received anything yet I keep mailing them after 15 working days till now I haven’t heard anything from HO, I have been told that the HO sent me a reply on March 4th but unfortunately I didn’t receive that email I keep emailing them all they tell me is that my application is being considered and awaiting a decision, on they told me my application is being reviewed, the last time they escalated was on 9th April till now I haven’t got no response, it was my third escalation let’s hope for the best hope we all get our visa’s soon ✌🏻 I’ll keep u guys updated if I receive anything thank u good luck to everyone

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:59 am

Danidanita wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Hello Faro786

I also applied for a family permit in February and I havent got a decision yet. Have you received any news from them or any other speech rather than usual when phoning? I recently received this email that I havent seen in this Sheffield section, this may give people a clue about HOs job.

As previously advised, prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK.

Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out, this was the case with this application.

Whilst I appreciate the delays are frustrating for the applicant UKVI policy and procedures must remain intact

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/KGXV4/

Kind Regards

XXXXX
www.GOV.UK

If someone has got his decision recently of applications submitted in January-February please update me your experience. Thanks.
Are you a direct family member or extended?

Danidanita
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by Danidanita » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:08 am

jmedina wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:59 am
Danidanita wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Hello Faro786

Kind Regards

XXXXX
www.GOV.UK

Are you a direct family member or extended?

Direct, my husband is a british national and we are applying under his european citizen condition but with extra requirements for SS.

ninelives
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by ninelives » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:00 pm

A quick question of when reapplying, do you guys need to pay all the application fees again?

timeline wise: it has been a long wait vs what I see in this forum (average of 15 working days), which I don't get it cos' officers at the visa office & Home office website mentioned it'll take 60 working days. I, though have passed the 60 days mark, and when following up with Home office customer service, they escalated my case to a relevant department and advised me to give them a further 15 working days to get a response (they did not mention the word 'decision', just 'response').

airbellantuono
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by airbellantuono » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:48 pm

EEA FP is free of charge. No visa fee.

ninelives
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by ninelives » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 pm

I applied under https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... -selection and had to pay a lot of € for it.

This, given that the Home office website stated that it's free somewhere I think, but halfway through the application, one has to pay for both the application processing and the NHS surcharge.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:17 pm

ninelives wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 pm
I applied under https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... -selection and had to pay a lot of € for it.

This, given that the Home office website stated that it's free somewhere I think, but halfway through the application, one has to pay for both the application processing and the NHS surcharge.
What exactly have you applied for??

What is your nationality?

Visa fee of £1533 and IHS is only applicable to spouse settlement visas, ie spouse of British citizen or ILR holder.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ninelives
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by ninelives » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:14 am

I have somehow for the life of me, misplaced the original application in hardcopy - so the only name that I could track down from my correspondences with the Home Office customer service is that it's a settlement application. I tried to search at Home Office website for the EEA Family Permit to join EU citizen who's not in the UK yet, but couldn't find the exact application name that I did.

Am a Malaysian citizen, where as my spouse is Italian.

When I applied, she was with me - but since gone ahead of me to the UK due to my spouse having to start her work there. Upon digging further, I found out that I am now eligible to apply for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit, as she could get pre-settled status now being in the UK herself.

My question now remains (I have exhausted my online researches):
1. Could I get refund back from the Home Office / TLS to apply for this EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit instead? (if yes, then I'd ask them for my passport back so I can promptly apply for this Family Permit instead)
2. How long would it take to process the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit from date of application?

Danidanita
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by Danidanita » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm

ninelives wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:14 am
I have somehow for the life of me, misplaced the original application in hardcopy - so the only name that I could track down from my correspondences with the Home Office customer service is that it's a settlement application. I tried to search at Home Office website for the EEA Family Permit to join EU citizen who's not in the UK yet, but couldn't find the exact application name that I did.

Am a Malaysian citizen, where as my spouse is Italian.

When I applied, she was with me - but since gone ahead of me to the UK due to my spouse having to start her work there. Upon digging further, I found out that I am now eligible to apply for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit, as she could get pre-settled status now being in the UK herself.

My question now remains (I have exhausted my online researches):
1. Could I get refund back from the Home Office / TLS to apply for this EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit instead? (if yes, then I'd ask them for my passport back so I can promptly apply for this Family Permit instead)
2. How long would it take to process the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit from date of application?

As far as I know, EU settlement scheme applies for those that are already in the UK, your wife applies in the UK for the Pre settled scheme and then you once she has got hers, for that, you need to be in the UK with her with a valid family permit, the previous visa that is not attached to the scheme only after you arrive in the UK. The HO may come back to you suggesting you to apply for the correct visa (Family Permit to join an EU family member to the UK) and refund the money as its not the correct form. I know about a friend that made the residence permit application before the family permit from outside the UK (its the other way around) and paid £69 for the RC, they rejected the application, returned the documents but not the fee, in your case its more money involved so Im pretty sure they will refund you once they reject the application and get back your passport.

Adey

Post by Adey » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:47 pm

Faro123 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:01 pm
Hello Rafa I’m glad that u got ur visa lucky u I hope we all receive our visa’s soon plz pray for me as well it’s been more than a month still haven’t got my visa I’m a bit worried cuz I got a not straightforward mail twice I hope I get my visa soon 🤗 I’m always hopeful will let u guys know if I hear anything from
Sheffield thank u guys good luck
Hi Fero,

Did you hear back in regards to your family permit.

Annakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Annakhan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi everyone
Biometric 01/04/2019 Rome italy
I called to ukvi on 24/04/2019
They said decision has been mad on your application and wait for your passport collection email.
I didn’t received any emails either from ukvi or tls
Anyone has experience that how long it will take to deliver passport.
Anxiety mood
TIA

Adey

Post by Adey » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:14 pm

Please what does this mean. Who received this and how long did you have to wait when u got a response back?.

Swift response will be appreciated
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

Annakhan
Newly Registered

Post by Annakhan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:34 pm

It means that your case is not straight forward and will take more time than normal

Faro786
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Faro786 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:40 pm

@ Adey no waiting since January got not straightforward email twice after that I didn’t hear anything from them I hope we all get our visa’s soon and join our families good luck to all who are waiting 👍

Adey

Post by Adey » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:47 pm

@Faro, I can only imagine what you have been going through, have you tried getting in touch with them, my mind been pounding since I got the mail lol. all will be well

Adey

Post by Adey » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:56 pm

@ Annakhan,

I got my EEA FP in March (i indicated that my children will be accompanying me, all names listed in my application )and in April 9 i put in my children application.

However today I received ''
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.''

airbellantuono
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by airbellantuono » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:03 pm

I applied 8th April. I haven't received any email from them except the email I received from Sheffield that my application is under ECO for consideration.

I haven't received any non/ straightforward email
I really don't know what does it mean .

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Adey wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:56 pm
@ Annakhan,

I got my EEA FP in March (i indicated that my children will be accompanying me, all names listed in my application )and in April 9 i put in my children application.

However today I received ''
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.''
Hi Annakhan.
Who is the sponsor? your spouse? I would assume the kids are not the sponsor's kids, right?
Very strange that they gave you your FP straight away saying that you have kids accompanying you, and now they delay their FPs.

Adey

Post by Adey » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 pm

My sister

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:39 pm

Adey wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 pm
My sister
Hi Adey.
Sorry I got you wrong for Annakan.
I hope you get a response soon my friend. Looks like the not straight forward is kind of common on extended family members. You'll get it for them, patience!

Regards,
Joaquín