ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email confirmation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Email confirmation

Post by Heythereitsme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 am

Hey all,

I’m very new to this forum so please bare with me if my question has already been answered!😊

I applied for a spouse visa at the end of March. My husband attended his biometrics appointment in India on 12th April - he paid for the priority service in India.

I scanned my documents at vfs London on the 12th and they were couriered back to me on 20th April.

I haven’t received any email confirmation that my application is being looked at. Should I be worried or is this normal? Would it be good for me to contact them?

balixonline
Mood:

Re: Email confirmation

Post by balixonline » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:55 am

following this post..

I had my documents scanned on 18th April. actually not sure as I left it with VFS on 18 April and picked them up on 25 April. They said they did scan it on the day though and awaiting ECO email since.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:55 am

It's normal and there's no point in contacting them for an update as you will only be given a standard/generic reply.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:15 pm

balixonline wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:55 am
following this post..

I had my documents scanned on 18th April. actually not sure as I left it with VFS on 18 April and picked them up on 25 April. They said they did scan it on the day though and awaiting ECO email since.
Oh so you were allowed to pick it up from them? That’s interesting, they didn’t give me that option.

Hoping we get an email confirmation soon as it just brings peace of mind! Please let me know if hi do receive yours. Are you priority aswell?

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Casa wrote:
It's normal and there's no point in contacting them for an update as you will only be given a standard/generic reply.
Ok thanks .. I suppose I couldn’t be too worried then. It just would be nice to receive some confirmation!

balixonline
Mood:

Post by balixonline » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:46 pm

Heythereitsme wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:15 pm
balixonline wrote:
following this post..

Oh so you were allowed to pick it up from them? That’s interesting, they didn’t give me that option.

Hoping we get an email confirmation soon as it just brings peace of mind! Please let me know if hi do receive yours. Are you priority aswell?
They would never give you this option as it benefits them to upsell. I just said that I am happy to wait for you to scan and return to me or you return to me at your own cost.

I also asked for confirmation if they can provide me with confirmation as to when were the documents scanned and uploaded onto the system. They don't have such confirmation rather a reference which they have written at the front page of the application form, corresponding to something.. this is your proof.

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:03 pm

balixonline wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:46 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
balixonline wrote:
following this post..

They would never give you this option as it benefits them to upsell. I just said that I am happy to wait for you to scan and return to me or you return to me at your own cost.

I also asked for confirmation if they can provide me with confirmation as to when were the documents scanned and uploaded onto the system. They don't have such confirmation rather a reference which they have written at the front page of the application form, corresponding to something.. this is your proof.
That’s very true- I wish I’d read the comments on here before doing!
I got my documents back and it does have a reference number so I know they have scanned my documents.

I am referring to the email that many people have received stating that the Eco is preparing their application.

balixonline
Mood:

Post by balixonline » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:10 pm

I too am waiting for ECO email, let's hope it gets to us sooner than later.

Best of luck matey.

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:31 pm

balixonline wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:10 pm
I too am waiting for ECO email, let's hope it gets to us sooner than later.

Best of luck matey.
Thanks .. good luck to you too!
Did you apply for priority or standard?

balixonline
Mood:

Post by balixonline » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:34 pm

Standard... am in two minds now.. thinking I might have been better applying for priority. but it is done now so lets see.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:43 pm

Preferably for applications/extensions from UK though steria soperia the applicants should themselves upload their documents to make sure that everything has been fully and correctly uploaded because VFS staff wont take any responsibility later if the visa got rejected due to missing documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Heythereitsme
Mood:

Post by Heythereitsme » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:28 pm

I am referring to the acknowledgement email from eco

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Wed May 01, 2019 5:30 am

Heythereitsme wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:03 pm
balixonline wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:46 pm
Heythereitsme wrote:
balixonline wrote:
following this post..

That’s very true- I wish I’d read the comments on here before doing!
I got my documents back and it does have a reference number so I know they have scanned my documents.

I am referring to the email that many people have received stating that the Eco is preparing their application.
Hello,
My husband walked-in to the visa center in Manchester on 12th of April and got all the supporting documents returned to him on the same day. It is very strange to know different visa centres follow their own rules. Anyway, I have not received any acknowledgement or confirmation email from UKVI . Desperately waiting for it . please do update if anyone gets a confirmation email .

Zadkiel
Newly Registered

Post by Zadkiel » Wed May 01, 2019 5:51 am

Heythereitsme wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 am
I haven’t received any email confirmation that my application is being looked at. Should I be worried or is this normal? Would it be good for me to contact them?
Contacting them before the 30 working days are up will be pointless, you just get a form response that it's still being processed and nothing else.

We heard absolutely nothing from them for the entire duration, no documents returned (ours had to be submitted by post) no ECO email, no employer or sponsor contact - like you we were freaked out by the complete lack of communication, but waiting was the right thing to do, as after 25 wd we finally heard from them that the application had been processed.

ANKST
India

Post by ANKST » Mon May 13, 2019 5:47 pm

Zadkiel wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:51 am
Heythereitsme wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 am
Contacting them before the 30 working days are up will be pointless, you just get a form response that it's still being processed and nothing else.

We heard absolutely nothing from them for the entire duration, no documents returned (ours had to be submitted by post) no ECO email, no employer or sponsor contact - like you we were freaked out by the complete lack of communication, but waiting was the right thing to do, as after 25 wd we finally heard from them that the application had been processed.
25 working days is fast! In case of my fiancee application, 21 working days have passed and I am thinking of contacting them if I don't get any update after 30 working days. Did you apply for standard or priority service?