ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early Renewal of Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lorenna
Newly Registered
Ireland

Early Renewal of Stamp 4

Post by Lorenna » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:34 am

My husbands Stamp 4 is due to expire mid September. We are traveling on the 1st of October. We live outside Dublin and register at the local Garda Station. I'm worried if we only renew in September we wont get the new card back on time to travel as when he got the card last time they were delayed by two weeks and it took him 4 weeks total to receive it.
How early is it possible to renew? On the website it says to renew during the two weeks before it expires, but even that seems ridiculous considering his last card took 4 weeks to receive, it would already be too late at that stage!

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: Early Renewal of Stamp 4

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:37 am

U can always renew early without time limit just explain to immigration officer.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 am

Lorenna wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:34 am
My husbands Stamp 4 is due to expire mid September. We are traveling on the 1st of October. We live outside Dublin and register at the local Garda Station. I'm worried if we only renew in September we wont get the new card back on time to travel as when he got the card last time they were delayed by two weeks and it took him 4 weeks total to receive it.
How early is it possible to renew? On the website it says to renew during the two weeks before it expires, but even that seems ridiculous considering his last card took 4 weeks to receive, it would already be too late at that stage!
You can do it early and its 90 days before the expiry.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:47 pm

aneelrahim wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 am
Lorenna wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:34 am
You can do it early and its 90 days before the expiry.
With a valid reason u can renew any time even 6 months before. That's my personal experience. In Dublin u can only book appointment before 6 weeks outside Dublin just explain immigration officer.
Immigration officers has a Authority to take decisions on behalf of Minster of justice.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen: