ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ellyell

Re: Surinder Singh Settled Status Paper Application:

Post by ellyell » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:05 am

PLUZZ wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:16 pm
markgbr wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:59 pm
At the top of the cover letter it says "EU Resolution Centre, PO BOX 2076, Liverpool, L69 3YG". Inside the application form, it says "EU Settlement Scheme, PO BOX 2075, Liverpool, L69 3PG".

I sent it to PO BOX 2075. It should arrive tomorrow.
I am going with th po box 2075 address as well. Hopefully this doesn't cause any delay...
I am planning to do the same.

Dandp
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Dandp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:55 pm

My husband received his form this morning. We ended up emailing them in the end to request a form as we were on hold for 30mins+ each time we tried to call!

Can anyone advise me, my husband was refused permanent residence last year as I wasn’t working between nov 2016 and jan 2018 and we weren’t aware of needing to pay sickness insurance.
They instead issued him another 5year residence card.

As he has the residence card, I’m aware we don’t need to submit all previous documents or complete all sections, just prove we were both resident for at least 6months of every year.

Will we only need to show we were both resident for the first 5 years(whether I was working or not) or are they likely to make a fuss about the two years I wasn't employed?
We moved to the uk November 2012 so 6+ years residency.

Also, as I wasn’t employed no payslips or p60s etc, we had a joint bank account and I don’t have much to show for some of the months/years during the first 5 years as we lived with family and I was pregnant and had small children. Most bills were in my mother’s or my husband’s name (he has more than enough proof!)
I’m going to have to hope tax credits and child benefit documents will suffice! Also two children’s birth certificates during that time maybe? I have a store card for the last year!
There will be some breaks in my evidence but hopefully no more than 6months if they will accept a joint bank account.

I was really hoping this settlement scheme would be the end of all the paperwork stress :roll:

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Hello everyone.

Today I received my application form, I had a quick glance and looks like you don’t need to show the center of life again if you aready have registration certificate, residence card or permanent residency. It also looks like the evidence you need to submit is very little, in my case it will be my passport, husband’s photo copy of his passport, passport photo, national insurance number, and evidence of 5 years continuous residence in UK such as bank statements, bills, p60 etc.

My only problem is they misspelt my middle name instead of GINES they spelt it JINES. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I will email them tonight and will also call them to sort it out.

Anyway. Still a good news. They are definitely sending it out now xx

Hope16
Cameroon

Post by Hope16 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Sorry to interfere but has does anyone know about the primary carer form ?what it looks and if anyone is received it too ?

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:48 pm

Can someone upload the full paper application form for surinder Singh route please? To allow to understand requirements

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:27 pm

spat wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:48 pm
Can someone upload the full paper application form for surinder Singh route please? To allow to understand requirements
It is 60 pages long. It will take me forever to take a photo and upload one by one. 😞

Basically..
For spouse;
- If you already hold residence permit or permanent residency then you only need to send passport, passport photo, evidence of continuous residency in the UK such as bank statements, utility bills and the lot.
- If you dont have any then you need to submit evidence the same as when you apply for your family permit (showing the centre of life), same thing I submitted when I applied for my residence permit.
For carers, other dependent family, ROR etc;
- Passport, paspport photo, proof of relationship, proof of divorce papers, death certificates or any other paperwork related to your circumstances.

As far as I can see, the evidence you need to submit are similar to evidence you need for applying residence permit / permanent residence. Less if you already hold the above papers.

Hope this help xx

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:35 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:27 pm
spat wrote:
It is 60 pages long. It will take me forever to take a photo and upload one by one. 😞

Basically..
For spouse;
- If you already hold residence permit or permanent residency then you only need to send passport, passport photo, evidence of continuous residency in the UK such as bank statements, utility bills and the lot.
- If you dont have any then you need to submit evidence the same as when you apply for your family permit (showing the centre of life), same thing I submitted when I applied for my residence permit.
- Passport, paspport photo, proof of relationship, proof of divorce papers, death certificates or any other paperwork related to your circumstances.

As far as I can see, the evidence you need to submit are similar to evidence you need for applying residence permit / permanent residence. Less if you already hold the above papers.

Hope this help xx
Hello, my wife received her application form this morning , as we are applying under Surinder Singh does my just my wife need to show 5 years evidence or do I also as the British spouse? My wife has a residence card from 2014.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 am

mufc69 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:35 am
ljdebenedictis wrote:
spat wrote:

Basically..
For spouse;

Hope this help xx
Hello, my wife received her application form this morning , as we are applying under Surinder Singh does my just my wife need to show 5 years evidence or do I also as the British spouse? My wife has a residence card from 2014.
Hi,
Yes, you need to provide evidence of 5 year continuous residency for both British citizen and partner.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu May 02, 2019 12:23 pm

mufc69 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
spat wrote:

Basically..
For spouse;

Hope this help xx
Are you asking about 5 years of continuous residence? If that’s the case then yes. You can show 5 years of bank statements, p60s, utility bills, also you can give your national insurance number so they can check it themselves. 😊

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 pm

ellyell wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:57 am
mufc69 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
spat wrote:

Basically..
For spouse;

Hope this help xx
Hi,
Yes, you need to provide evidence of 5 year continuous residency for both British citizen and partner.
Hi there, there is no need to show exercising treaty rights such as working on return to the UK, its just based on residency?

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu May 02, 2019 7:51 pm

mufc69 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 pm
ellyell wrote:
mufc69 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:

Basically..
For spouse;

Hope this help xx
Hi,
Hi there, there is no need to show exercising treaty rights such as working on return to the UK, its just based on residency?
If you hold residence card, registration certificate or permanent residency card then no, you don’t need to show the evidence of exercising treaty rights again. xx

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:51 pm
mufc69 wrote:
ellyell wrote:
mufc69 wrote:

Hi,
If you hold residence card, registration certificate or permanent residency card then no, you don’t need to show the evidence of exercising treaty rights again. xx
Hello and thank you for your reply, i spoke with the EU resolution centre earlier, they told me that one piece of evidence to prove 5 years continuous residence such as a rental agreement can be used, so no need to send annual bank statements.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu May 02, 2019 9:36 pm

mufc69 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
mufc69 wrote:
ellyell wrote:

Hi,
Hello and thank you for your reply, i spoke with the EU resolution centre earlier, they told me that one piece of evidence to prove 5 years continuous residence such as a rental agreement can be used, so no need to send annual bank statements.
We dont rent nor own a house so I dont have rental agreement or any utility bills so I will be sending annual bank statements and P60s from 2014 to prove my continuous residence + I will give them my national insurance number so they can check it themselves. I’m only using statements as an example for you 😊 Thare are list of acceptable evidence that they include in the form xx

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Fri May 03, 2019 8:03 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:36 pm
mufc69 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
mufc69 wrote:

We dont rent nor own a house so I dont have rental agreement or any utility bills so I will be sending annual bank statements and P60s from 2014 to prove my continuous residence + I will give them my national insurance number so they can check it themselves. I’m only using statements as an example for you 😊 Thare are list of acceptable evidence that they include in the form xx
Exactly, there is a list of accepted documents on the application form.

I sent all council tax bills (5 year period), P60, rental contracts and mortgage annual summaries.
if you have council tax bill it covers the period written on the bill for example.

JAMAA
- thin ice -

Post by JAMAA » Fri May 03, 2019 8:06 am

Difference Between residence Card and Residence Permit. Residence Card for Non EEA family members but RP permission to stay under UK Immigration Rules.

(Centre Of Life) meaning when you moved your life and partner life from UK to EEA country (31 countries),
if you non EEA family members hold UK Residence Card here in the UK, they don't need to show again Centre of life, because when you moved to the UK and granted Residence Card that mean you accepted as an EU citizen not UK citizen.

I have a copy of the SURINDER SINGH for exactly 31 sheets (62 pages) except covering letter with some pages about Data Protection.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:13 am

Hello i am asking for a friend who’s wife’s residence card expired in March 2019, must they complete all sections such as centre of life in the paper application for settled status? If anyone could help , thanks.

ellyell

Post by ellyell » Fri May 03, 2019 10:44 am

mufc69 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:13 am
Hello i am asking for a friend who’s wife’s residence card expired in March 2019, must they complete all sections such as centre of life in the paper application for settled status? If anyone could help , thanks.
I believe yes.

when I called resolution centre to make sure I do not need to fill COL sections (I hold a residence card) first question agent asked was if it is still valid(not expired). I said yes still valid. Then he said you do not need to fill those sections.

Better to call and confirm with resolution centre.

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Fri May 03, 2019 11:45 am

mufc69 wrote:
Is it possible for you to upload whole form (if not at least COL section)

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri May 03, 2019 2:10 pm

spat wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:45 am
mufc69 wrote:
Is it possible for you to upload whole form (if not at least COL section)
It is similar to the old one. There is no way out.)

PLUZZ

Post by PLUZZ » Sat May 04, 2019 11:07 am

ellyell wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:44 am
mufc69 wrote:
I believe yes.

when I called resolution centre to make sure I do not need to fill COL sections (I hold a residence card) first question agent asked was if it is still valid(not expired). I said yes still valid. Then he said you do not need to fill those sections.

Can I just say that the expiration of a residence card does not preclude it from being valid. According to the EU settlement scheme's terms, 'valid' means the residence card has not been revoked by HO and there is no supervening events that have occurred since the RC was issued. Dont forget, except in cases where the RC have been revoked or supervening events (such as deportation order has been issued or you have been outside of UK for more than 6 months) have occurred, the validity of your residence in the UK is not dictated by the issuance of the Residence Card itself, but was already guaranteed by free movement regulations. Therefore, expired or not, the residence card is merely a confirmation of your right to reside. So the RC's expiration will not mean that it is no longer valid for an extension into settled status document, under the EU settlement scheme.

tucumano
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by tucumano » Sat May 04, 2019 4:48 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:20 pm
Hello everyone.

Today I received my application form, I had a quick glance and looks like you don’t need to show the center of life again if you aready have registration certificate, residence card or permanent residency. It also looks like the evidence you need to submit is very little, in my case it will be my passport, husband’s photo copy of his passport, passport photo, national insurance number, and evidence of 5 years continuous residence in UK such as bank statements, bills, p60 etc.

My only problem is they misspelt my middle name instead of GINES they spelt it JINES. 🤦🏽‍♀️ I will email them tonight and will also call them to sort it out.

Did you get an answer to the misspelling? My wife's surname is Jerez but it appeared as Gerez on the form. When I rang I was told someone would call back to advise what should be done, i.e. complete or await a new form. No call so far, I'll chase up next week but you may have a possible answer. Thanks

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat May 04, 2019 7:05 pm

tucumano wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 4:48 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:20 pm
Hello everyone.

Did you get an answer to the misspelling? My wife's surname is Jerez but it appeared as Gerez on the form. When I rang I was told someone would call back to advise what should be done, i.e. complete or await a new form. No call so far, I'll chase up next week but you may have a possible answer. Thanks
Hi. I was advised to ignore the mistake and to hust fill up the form with the correct spelling. As we are providing identity documents anyway so they can correct it xx

tucumano
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by tucumano » Sun May 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. That seems a reasonable solution. All the best!

mk1998
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mk1998 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:11 pm

PLUZZ wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:07 am
ellyell wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:44 am
mufc69 wrote:
I believe yes.

Can I just say that the expiration of a residence card does not preclude it from being valid. According to the EU settlement scheme's terms, 'valid' means the residence card has not been revoked by HO and there is no supervening events that have occurred since the RC was issued. Dont forget, except in cases where the RC have been revoked or supervening events (such as deportation order has been issued or you have been outside of UK for more than 6 months) have occurred, the validity of your residence in the UK is not dictated by the issuance of the Residence Card itself, but was already guaranteed by free movement regulations. Therefore, expired or not, the residence card is merely a confirmation of your right to reside. So the RC's expiration will not mean that it is no longer valid for an extension into settled status document, under the EU settlement scheme.
Hello,

I had a residence certificate issued in 2014 under the previous immigration rules where Centre of Life wasn't asked that expired a few months ago but didn't think that would be an issue. I received my paper application and submitted it without answering any of the Centre of Life questions as I didn't think I had to submit all of that information again. But, what will happen if my application is refused because of Centre of Life? Yesterday I was reading the guidance that was revised on April 3rd and they make note of valid also meaning not expired. Where will that leave me as far as my immigration status? I'm completely confused and feeling stressed out and worried.

PLUZZ- I hope you are right, but what happens if not and the Home Office plans on refusing people who don't meet the Centre of Life requirements but who had been issued residence cards in the past that have since expired?

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Mon May 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Hi
I've found this form today on the website using the following link to make a Surinder Singh Application

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -03-19.pdf

Can someone please share the experience if this form is the correct form or not?

The version of this form is 03/2019 which seems to be the latest one.

I am a British Citizen currently living in Romania for the last 9 months and my wife is a Pakistani National, she has a valid British Spouse Visa valid till June 19.

Someone has advised us that I need to apply for a Surinder Singh application for my wife.

Can someone please share their experience, how long will it take, what type of documents I've to produce both for myself and for my wife.

What's the current timeline for this application ?
I know that its a paper application and we have to post the completed application form.

Moderators or gurus please help.

Many thanks
1st Visa Application 20 12 2013
1st Visa Refusal 05 06 2014
2nd Visa Application 20 March 2015
2nd Visa Refusal 04 06 2015
Appealed 26 06 2015
Review Deadline 11th November 2015
By the Grace of Almighty Allah Appeal Allowed On 08th July 2016