ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for a different work visa while my current one is unexpired?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Botts
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Can I apply for a different work visa while my current one is unexpired?

Post by Botts » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:33 pm

I’m currently half way through my two year youth mobility work visa in the UK. At this time I am in New Zealand and due to fly back to the UK in a few weeks for work big problem being that my passport has now become unusable (fireplace accident don’t ask) so I’m needing to reply for a new passport. Applying for a new passport won’t be an issue but it would take considerable time to get a replacement sticker for my current work visa probably well after I’m due to fly out. What I can do tho is that I work as a sheep shearer and can apply for a temporary working visa that lasts 3 months just for sheep shearer’s during the work season. This is done at the border upon arrival as long as you can prove what you do and are gainfully employed which isn’t a problem as I have done this many years in the past. My question is can I get this temporary “shearer’s” visa while my current work mobility visa is still unexpired would be a long way to go just to have to be told to turn around and go home! Apologies for the novel but appreciate anybody’s time and input

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I apply for a different work visa while my current one is unexpired?

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:37 pm

Getting stamped into the UK on any other visa, visitor or the one you propose, will cancel your tier 5 visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 06, 2019 12:21 am

Did you not have a BRP?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:46 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:21 am
Did you not have a BRP?
That was my thought too. Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme leave is held on a BRP. The vignette in the passport is just the 30-day window to travel to the UK and pick up the BRP.

OP, can you clarify?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.