ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on communication

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ms1993
Member of Standing

Nikkah Nama attestation

Post by ms1993 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:56 am

Hi everyone
I’m in Pakistan at the moment and would appreciate some advice/guidance before my departure re the Nikkah nama. The Nikkah Nama is in Urdu.

1) we are going to register the Nikkah with the local union council and will receive a certificate - is this right? What more do I need to do with the certificate?

2) the Nikkah Nama is in Urdu and will be translated into English - which body needs to attest that the English transliteration?

3) I’m aware that we can now request marriage certificates from the NADRA office and this can be submitted instead of the English translation - is this correct? Can this be submitted instead?

Anything else I need to do?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Nikkah Nama attestation

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:07 am

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:56 am
Hi everyone
I’m in Pakistan at the moment and would appreciate some advice/guidance before my departure re the Nikkah nama. The Nikkah Nama is in Urdu.

1) we are going to register the Nikkah with the local union council and will receive a certificate - is this right? What more do I need to do with the certificate?

2) the Nikkah Nama is in Urdu and will be translated into English - which body needs to attest that the English transliteration?

3) I’m aware that we can now request marriage certificates from the NADRA office and this can be submitted instead of the English translation - is this correct? Can this be submitted instead?

Anything else I need to do?
1. Just register it with local union council. Nothing further
2. If local union council issues it in English and Urdu version then no further attestation requires
3. Once union council issues marriage certificate in English then no need to contact Nadra
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:28 am

Thanks Seagul

We’re on the way to the UC now for the marriage certificate. Our Nikkah Nama is in Urdu so I will ask them about an English translated copy.
To confirm, if UC translate into English - then no further attestation is needed?

Can you tell me which docs related to the Nikkah Nama need to be submitted to satisfy the requirements please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:38 am

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:28 am
Thanks Seagul

We’re on the way to the UC now for the marriage certificate. Our Nikkah Nama is in Urdu so I will ask them about an English translated copy.
To confirm, if UC translate into English - then no further attestation is needed?

Can you tell me which docs related to the Nikkah Nama need to be submitted to satisfy the requirements please?
UC issued marriage certificate in English version doesn't need any further attestation (as said earlier). Just attach the original hand drafted nikkah nama with UC issued marriage certificate which will be suffice.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:08 am

One last query Seagul, if you will:

I’ve seen on other posts that the Nikkah Nama has been endorsed by the ministry of foreign affairs and by the local council

Is this needed? Or does the marriage certificate in English count as the endorsement?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:07 am

2. If local union council issues it in English and Urdu version then no further attestation requires

Montana2323

Post by Montana2323 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:04 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm
seagul wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:07 am

Agreed with Seagul. I did the same. Sent Marriage certificate which you would get from UC, original Nikkah nama and a translation attested from notary public (which isn't really a requirement but no harm in sending one)

I have sent the exact same docs for my FLR m now

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:40 am

Thanks Montana. I’ve got the NADRA Marriage Certificate and my husband will request a translation tomorrow.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Ireland/UK

Post by ms1993 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 am

(I have to apologise - not sure how to link topics together)

I’ve come to know that my husband’s application in Ireland as a permitted family member was initially refused because dependency wasn’t shown and is now in the review stages.

My husband returned to Pakistan for the wedding with the intention that an application would be made from Pakistan. On his return to Pakistan, he sent an email to INIS explaining he had left ROI and to withdraw his application. He received a response saying the minister still proposes to continue which I thought was a bit strange considering the clear request to withdraw?
I have now wrote a letter explaining that the case must be withdrawn as he has left ROI. There were other extenuating circumstances which meant that he had to leave ROI earlier than intended.

A copy of the letter and email will be provided with the Spouse application.

I’m fully aware that this will need to be declared.
But if INIS refuse to withdraw the application - and I make a U.K. spouse application, what are the implications? What are the implications anyway?

Any thoughts / advice are greatly appreciated?
I’m a little bit worried about this small scenario now because I thought it was going to be pretty smooth sailing

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi everyone

Any thoughts/advice re last post please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Ireland/UK

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:43 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:45 am
I’m fully aware that this will need to be declared.
But if INIS refuse to withdraw the application - and I make a U.K. spouse application, what are the implications? What are the implications anyway?
Never heard that if someone voluntarily want to withdraw his application and authorities are not allowing :shock: :shock:
But still in my opinion regardless of the outcome of Irish application it wont affect the outcome of UK spouse visa provided all the information has been honestly given and all the spouse visa requirements are being met.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:56 am

I thought so too seagul but the initial response that the minister proposes to still continue stumped me unless it was a generic email?

Despite of that, we’re now sending a signed letter with a request that the file is withdrawn so shall await and see what happens. I’ve kept a copy of the letter to include in the Spouse application.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:18 am

Guys to confirm:

Nadra certificate does not need attestation from ministry of foreign affairs? Nadra already has stamp from UC

English translation requires attestation from ministry of foreign affairs? Translation has stamp of notary public already

Montana2323

Post by Montana2323 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:42 am

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:18 am
Guys to confirm:

Nadra certificate does not need attestation from ministry of foreign affairs? Nadra already has stamp from UC

English translation requires attestation from ministry of foreign affairs? Translation has stamp of notary public already
Nadra certificate won't need any attestation as it's signed by UC.

My Nikah nama translation was attested by only notary public. Which was all accepted for my spouse application in 2016

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Bahrainkhan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:04 am

Montana2323 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:42 am
ms1993 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:18 am
Guys to confirm:

Nadra certificate won't need any attestation as it's signed by UC.

My Nikah nama translation was attested by only notary public. Which was all accepted for my spouse application in 2016
Resected All,
I also have some querry regarding nikah nama topic. Actually i have already submitted my application at vfs dubai. I have only provided the hand written nikah nama plus english translation and both are attested from notary and foreign ministry of pakistan. I have not provided the marriage certificate issued by nadra as my wife was from different nationality so therefore it was not able to make that nadra marriage certificate 🤔 please let me know will that be fine??

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi

Admin: Please correct me if I’m wrong
You have two options

1) Nadra certificate and Urdu Nikkah or;
2) Urdu Nikkah and English Nikkah translation stamped by public notary or MOFA

I’ve got both for my own peace of mind - there’s no harm in one or the other.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:26 am

Hi all

Since I posted about this issue in this topic, I will repost here:

My finance made an eu treaty rights application as a permitted family member in Ireland which was rejected. So an appeal was made and in review.

As we married - we agreed he would return to country if nationality and we would make a U.K. Spouse application... An email was sent asking for the RoI application to be withdrawn and an email response received that the minister proposes to continue with the application.

So we wrote a letter which had been received and we’ve received another email today saying whilst they acknowledge the letter - the minister still proposes to continue with the application and won’t withdraw??

I’m quite worried now. I don’t understand why inis is not allowing a withdrawal? Can anyone please shed some light on this or any advice as to what we can do? What do we do if they won’t accept?

We’ve sent a further email response advising we are making a U.K. spouse application with no intention to return to RoI and an unfortunate event in between this time had resulted in a speedy return.

I don’t want this to impact the spouse visa when we’ve tried to withdraw, x2!

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:00 am

How odd. Without having too much knowledge of this, could you maybe speak to them on the phone with your name, and reference numbers etc and try to find out what exactly they are getting at? It may be the minister "proposes to continue" because you can't withdraw at this stage and so they are just giving a generic response, or he could actually be proposing to continue because they know something else you don't and see it working well for you. Try and get somebody to speak with them on the phone, otherwise the confusion will just increase. If there's no phone number, perhaps write to them again explaining you wish to withdraw your application, and if this is refused, can they please tell you what their position is and what legal standing it has.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 am

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:00 am
How odd. Without having too much knowledge of this, could you maybe speak to them on the phone with your name, and reference numbers etc and try to find out what exactly they are getting at? It may be the minister "proposes to continue" because you can't withdraw at this stage and so they are just giving a generic response, or he could actually be proposing to continue because they know something else you don't and see it working well for you. Try and get somebody to speak with them on the phone, otherwise the confusion will just increase. If there's no phone number, perhaps write to them again explaining you wish to withdraw your application, and if this is refused, can they please tell you what their position is and what legal standing it has.
Thank you. I can’t inagine it’s easy to get through to them on the phone and I think that as we’re making a spouse application, communication in writing is better so that we have a clear record if we require.

I always thought it’s a simple process to withdraw an application? Especially if someone has voluntarily left the country... So I’m really not sure why/what’s going on! We’ve explained in our recent email that a new spouse application will be made hence the withdrawal and still awaiting a response.

Will welcome all other thoughts too and any advice

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:40 am

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:38 am
UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:00 am
Thank you. I can’t inagine it’s easy to get through to them on the phone and I think that as we’re making a spouse application, communication in writing is better so that we have a clear record if we require.

I always thought it’s a simple process to withdraw an application? Especially if someone has voluntarily left the country... So I’m really not sure why/what’s going on! We’ve explained in our recent email that a new spouse application will be made hence the withdrawal and still awaiting a response.

Will welcome all other thoughts too and any advice
Hi all

Update, we’ve received another email to say they won’t withdraw the appeal. I’m at an absolute loss even after explaining that we’re maiing a U.K. spouse application in the near future.

Please can anyone advise? I’m really worried now

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi everyone

Can anyone guide me to where I can find rules/regs for RoI immigration?

Similar to what we have from the UKBA/Home Office

I’ve trawled everywhere but can’t find anything relating to withdrawal requests/withdrawal of appeal requests

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:16 am

Hi everyone

I would really appreciate some advice from a senior member. After much nagging with the RoI about the withdrawal of the eu treaty rights, they’ve now come back and said they won’t withdraw because the minister wishes to propose a decision should He wish to return to Ireland in the future, to clarify if he previously held a residence right in the state and to clarify immigration history.

He entered Ireland with a British national via port and a year later submitted a treaty rights application as a permitted family member. It was rejected because they didn’t think he was a permitted family member.

On entrance to Ireland, he didn’t present himself to be registered as I understand should have happened but they were aware that he was in the country and didn’t issue any deportation. Also in the rejection letter it was stated that he didn’t have a right of permission to stay in the state and would be deported if he didn’t submit an appeal in time. He did submit in time. It’s been on review for a 1.5 year and no contact until now and that’s what we tried to withdraw

He is now in his homes country - voluntarily left and I’m concerned about the impact of this application on the spouse application

I would really appreciate some advice from a senior member with any thoughts and implication s

ms1993
Member of Standing

Advice on communication

Post by ms1993 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 am

Hi everyone

A question around communication please

My husband and I contact via what’s app which was registered to his Irish number. On return to Pakistan he had retained the Irish number on what’s app... And of course we’re still in contact via what’s app on his Irish number

Two options:
1) we continue with the Irish number and explain in the supporting information that the number on what’s app remains the same but evidently were in contact

2) he changes his number on what’s app to the Pakistani one to make it easier to see that the communication has continued even on his return

What would you advise?

Secondly, our solicitor is asking to evidence that our numbers belong to each other which will be difficult to do for him as he had an Irish PAYG and whilst his Pakistani sim is registered via nadra, I’m not sure we can even get a letter. Is this needed?

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Mon May 13, 2019 12:06 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Hi

Admin: Please correct me if I’m wrong
You have two options

1) Nadra certificate and Urdu Nikkah or;
2) Urdu Nikkah and English Nikkah translation stamped by public notary or MOFA

I’ve got both for my own peace of mind - there’s no harm in one or the other.
Hello,

For peacce of mine, send all three documents.
1. Original Marriage Registration Certificate.
2. Original Urdu Nikkahnama.
3. Translation of Urdu Nikkahnama.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Re: Advice on communication

Post by ms1993 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:14 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 am
Hi everyone

A question around communication please

My husband and I contact via what’s app which was registered to his Irish number. On return to Pakistan he had retained the Irish number on what’s app... And of course we’re still in contact via what’s app on his Irish number

Two options:
1) we continue with the Irish number and explain in the supporting information that the number on what’s app remains the same but evidently were in contact

2) he changes his number on what’s app to the Pakistani one to make it easier to see that the communication has continued even on his return

What would you advise?

Secondly, our solicitor is asking to evidence that our numbers belong to each other which will be difficult to do for him as he had an Irish PAYG and whilst his Pakistani sim is registered via nadra, I’m not sure we can even get a letter. Is this needed?

Can anyone advise on this?