ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Phone Line

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

niccim
Ireland

Immigration Phone Line

Post by niccim » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:06 am

Has any been able to get through on the phone line?

They say "Phonelines are open every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 to 12:30, excluding public holidays" for the (0)62 32500 number, but I've called them endlessly during these times and either it's busy or it just rings until the line clicks and disconnects.

I know they were closed at the start of April but I've gotten nowhere with the line in the last couple weeks :cry:

South African spouse
South Africa

Re: Immigration Phone Line

Post by South African spouse » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:19 am

I just got through to them and was advised they are only getting to February applications at the minute

niccim
Ireland

Post by niccim » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:15 pm

South African spouse wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:19 am
I just got through to them and was advised they are only getting to February applications at the minute
Great, thanks! It's good to have an update in some form. Did you submit in Feb? Or were you asking about a March application? I submitted 6 March so just trying to guess :lol:

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:18 pm

I applied february 28th but the girl said there is a huge backlog and the small ceremony in Waterford in June is booked out all ready!!I'm hoping for September but she wouldn't commit with the backlogs

niccim
Ireland

Post by niccim » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:26 pm

Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:18 pm
I applied february 28th but the girl said there is a huge backlog and the small ceremony in Waterford in June is booked out all ready!!I'm hoping for September but she wouldn't commit with the backlogs
I've got the September ceremony already on my calendar and my fingers crossed! Best of luck with yours

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:32 pm

niccim wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:26 pm
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:18 pm
I've got the September ceremony already on my calendar and my fingers crossed! Best of luck with yours
Oh I hope so but not holding out much hope for it to be honest the backlogs are huge😏😏best of luck with yours

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:57 pm

I called about 40 times and either got busy signal or "your call cannot be completed". I don't mind if there's a delay but I need my passport back for a work trip...

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:54 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:57 pm
I called about 40 times and either got busy signal or "your call cannot be completed". I don't mind if there's a delay but I need my passport back for a work trip...
Your best bet is to email them they did ask me was I travelling I presume of I was they would have sent me back mine!I called today about 12 10 and my call was answered after 5 tries!I hope this helps

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:07 pm

In two occasions, I called from 10am sharp until 12.30pm non stop and couldn’t get through. That’s more than 600 calls each time. You just have to keep calling until someone picks it up.

Unfortunately their IT system is still in the 80s era. As they acknowledged themselves, their current IT system has stopped providing any support for quite a few years now.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 am

I just got through to them! Took about 15 tries - note that Google Voice is really helpful for this.

They were quite helpful once I got through. One thing to note is that I haven't received a reference number, and they wanted to know the An Post registered mail item number (An Post #######IE etc.) if you haven't gotten a reference number yet.

happygolucky1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by happygolucky1 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:18 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 am
I just got through to them! Took about 15 tries - note that Google Voice is really helpful for this.

They were quite helpful once I got through. One thing to note is that I haven't received a reference number, and they wanted to know the An Post registered mail item number (An Post #######IE etc.) if you haven't gotten a reference number yet.
What reply did you get on not having received the reference number ? Any timeline advised for that ?

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu May 02, 2019 1:45 pm

They only said they hadn't gotten to April yet. Mine was 1st April which I knew was cuting it close but still left 7 weeks until I needed it back to travel.

niccim
Ireland

Post by niccim » Fri May 10, 2019 10:11 am

fuzzbizz wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 am

How did you use Google Voice to call? I do have a US number there, but I've only ever used it for calling the US.

The website gives two numbers. I've been calling (0)62 32500. I'm on Vodafone and not a clue how to call 1890 numbers. I even added extra calling credit but it doesn't go through.

If the LoCall number the one that people are getting through on?

Here's the two I saw--

Phone: +353 (0)62 32500 (+353 is only required when phoning from outside Ireland)
LoCall: 1890 252 854 (rates may increase if you call by mobile phone)

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 am

I tried calling today, dialled over 400 times between the 2 numbers and didn't get through. 70% of the time it was engaged and the rest of the time it rang but no answer.
I need my passport back within the next 10 days as I have to travel. I sent an email on 03/05 that hasn't been replied to, so today I'm gonna send a letter express post requesting that my application be put on hold and my passport returned ASAP.

Don't know what I'm gonna do if they don't send it back :(

aneelrahim
Pakistan

Post by aneelrahim » Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm

katielloydmcmahon wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 am
I tried calling today, dialled over 400 times between the 2 numbers and didn't get through. 70% of the time it was engaged and the rest of the time it rang but no answer.
I need my passport back within the next 10 days as I have to travel. I sent an email on 03/05 that hasn't been replied to, so today I'm gonna send a letter express post requesting that my application be put on hold and my passport returned ASAP.

I also call from 10:15 AM to 11:50AM today.

I redial again and again... Mostly busy...

Also send email 3 days ago and no response...

happygolucky1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by happygolucky1 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:57 pm

katielloydmcmahon wrote:

Same for me, 100+ calls and no response.. when did you send your application ? I sent in February and still waiting for acknowledgement ...

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm

happygolucky1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:57 pm
katielloydmcmahon wrote:

Same for me, 100+ calls and no response.. when did you send your application ? I sent in February and still waiting for acknowledgement ...
They got my application on 8th of April, so I realise now there is no way it will have been processed yet. That's why I'm just asking for the passport back and for it to be put on hold. I'm hoping once they get the physical letter in the post tomorrow they will send it back.

Its frustrating though that I already emailed asking it for it back 10 days ago and didn't even get a reply. That means either they read the email but for some reason haven't sent it back yet, or they haven't even read the email! I don't know which is worse.

It's ridiculous that when a department has your original passport, you can't get in touch with them.

ranjan0705
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ranjan0705 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Hey katielloydmcmahon,

Did you manged to get your passport back. Please let us know how it worked.

I am also facing same issue. I cant reach out to them via phone. My application was submitted on 1st April and its looks like they haven't even started processing the April application. I have to travel on 8th June and still not have received my passport :cry:

I wrote 2 emails this week and still no reply :cry:

Guys, Please let me know whats the status of processing of applications.

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:19 pm

ranjan0705 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:56 pm
Hey katielloydmcmahon,

Did you manged to get your passport back. Please let us know how it worked.

I am also facing same issue. I cant reach out to them via phone. My application was submitted on 1st April and its looks like they haven't even started processing the April application. I have to travel on 8th June and still not have received my passport :cry:

I wrote 2 emails this week and still no reply :cry:

Guys, Please let me know whats the status of processing of applications.
@ranjan0705,
This department is quite tough to reach, I would suggest you to send a written letter asap to the department explaining your situation, There are chances that they respond quickly to the written letters. But keep in mind if your application is not initially processed already, they might hold your application until you send your passport back to them later again. Good luck.

ranjan0705
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by ranjan0705 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:17 am

@Spire01, Thanks a lot for your advice. I will write a letter to them straight away. I am bit worry by looking into this situation. I hope I get my passport back, I am not at all concerned about my application.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri May 24, 2019 11:35 am

When I needed my Chinese passport, I wrote a letter to them and draw a red circle and put the wording URGENT in front of the envelope. I got my passport back in 2 days. It’s not for naturalisation application but at least this will make sure that whoever receives the letter knows it was urgent.