ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brazilian naturalisation/multiple nationality query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

simon1287
Newly Registered

Brazilian naturalisation/multiple nationality query

Post by simon1287 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:44 pm

Good Afternoon,

I'm hoping you will be able to help me understand if there are any issues with the following scenaio:

I am a British national (by birth) and I am married to a Brazilian national (by birth too) who also has British citizenship (naturalised). We are currently living in London but may relocate to France due to a work opportunity that has arisen for me.

If we should both become naturalised citizens of France but at some point in the future decide to move to Brazil, would having this additional citizenship cause any issues for myself becoming a naturalised citizen of Brazil? Also, is there anything preventing my wife from attaining the French citizenship considering her existing Brazilian and British nationalities?

Many Thanks for your assistance

Lee2521
Ireland

Re: Brazilian naturalisation/multiple nationality query

Post by Lee2521 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 pm

simon1287 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:44 pm
Good Afternoon,

I'm hoping you will be able to help me understand if there are any issues with the following scenaio:

I am a British national (by birth) and I am married to a Brazilian national (by birth too) who also has British citizenship (naturalised). We are currently living in London but may relocate to France due to a work opportunity that has arisen for me.

If we should both become naturalised citizens of France but at some point in the future decide to move to Brazil, would having this additional citizenship cause any issues for myself becoming a naturalised citizen of Brazil? Also, is there anything preventing my wife from attaining the French citizenship considering her existing Brazilian and British nationalities?

Many Thanks for your assistance
UK, France, Brazil all allow dual citizenship

I don't believe you or your wife would have any issues getting citizenship in France (5 years Residency) as long as you pass all the requirements.

As for Brazil you should be in a good position being married to a Brazilian so less years waiting to become a citizen and again you have to meet the requirements for naturalisation.