ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunny007

MN1 Referee

Post by sunny007 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Dear members

I have recently got my ILR (Tier 2 to ILR - 5 year Route), and now I'm planning to register my UK born child as a british citizen through MN1 form, On MN1 form they have mentioned that 1 referee must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, health visitor or social worker or minister of religion, as my child is 2.5 years old , we only knows the health visitor, but his health visitor has changed recently and when we approcahed her and asked her favour about the form, she politely refused and said that I don't want to give my personal information . so now we don't have much option for the first referee. Can we use my friend as a first referee who is a director of VAT registered company , he knows us very well, Can we use his details as a first referee for my child? although he is not engagged with my child in a professional capacity. and for the second can we used my second friend, who is also a british passport holder and age is more than 30.

If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.

Thanks

srsw

Re: MN1 Referee

Post by srsw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Did you try your local GP?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Aishnee
Newly Registered

Post by Aishnee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi there
Same problem with me either GP nor school refuse to sign for referee . I don’t know what to do . Awaiting some ones advise in this regards

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Others on this forum too had similar issues. For such young kids it may not be a problem from what I understand.

Search this forum and you will find answers.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:35 pm

srsw wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:14 pm
Did you try your local GP?
Hi Srsw , yes I've tried the local GP as well, but no one is willing to give their Passport number and address, as per my understanding GP is not any more on the Professional referee list, because last time medical board has asked to remove the GP name from the list. I have searched a lot on the forum as well but not found any useful info , and every one is asking this question but no one has updated there own topic after some time that what they has done in this situation, so i would like to know any senior member advice on this , @CR001, @CASA, @simon

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Aishnee wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:45 pm
Hi there
Same problem with me either GP nor school refuse to sign for referee . I don’t know what to do . Awaiting some ones advise in this regards
I will update you onece I'll get any reply from the senior member, and if you get any information from any senior member / from any link then kindly update me as well , thanks, I think this info should be on the sticky notes area as well.

shankar981
Mood:

Post by shankar981 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:43 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:36 pm
Aishnee wrote:
Hi there
I will update you onece I'll get any reply from the senior member, and if you get any information from any senior member / from any link then kindly update me as well , thanks, I think this info should be on the sticky notes area as well.
If this may help:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... feree_natu

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:03 pm

shankar981 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:43 pm
sunny007 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:36 pm
Aishnee wrote:
Hi there
If this may help:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... feree_natu
Hi Shankar
Thanks for the link, as per link we can leave the Passport number blank but on the online form passport number is mandatory field and we cannot move forward until we fill the passport number field.
If the applicant does not wish to supply these details then a member of
staff based at the Home Office have the capacity to contact the referee to
ascertain any further information.

sr123
Newly Registered

Post by sr123 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:52 am

Currently struggling with the same issue. Would it be acceptable to put in dummy details to satisfy form validation and write a covering letter to explain the same? Cant think of any other workaround? Any advise please?

pm107
Newly Registered
India

Post by pm107 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:26 am

Nowhere does it say the referee must have had a professional engagement with the child (is this clause on the referee declaration form?) It feels like I can't download the referee declaration form before I pay and submit the application. The whole process is awkward.

The latest guidance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-guidance) does not have any section that explains what clauses the referees must satisfy.

The current online application form only says:

Referees must:
not be a relative, solicitor or agent of the applicant
not be related to the other referee
not be employed by the Home Office
know or have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years
they are willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant
advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be registered

Referees must also not have been convicted of an imprisonable offence. A single non-custodial sentence may be disregarded if:

it did not occur within the last 12 months
there is strong evidence showing that the referee is of good character

Give your first referee's details. This referee must be the holder of a British Citizen passport (and either a professional person or over the age of 25)

"Give your second referee's details. This referee should be a person (of :any nationality) who has professional standing. This can include a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application)."

nikhpm
Newly Registered

Post by nikhpm » Mon May 20, 2019 3:08 pm

sr123 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:52 am
Currently struggling with the same issue. Would it be acceptable to put in dummy details to satisfy form validation and write a covering letter to explain the same? Cant think of any other workaround? Any advise please?
Hi Iam facing the same issue any suggestion how to move forward with out putting the persona details of referee in the online form..

thanks, npm