ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rob19
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by Rob19 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:01 pm

Quick update guys.

I've received my status approved as Pre-settled though system was showing will be eligible for settled status. Home office is right about my application as I've been married for less than 5 years.

Feel free to ask anything about my application.

BTW, I've applied on 31st of January and confirmation email received today.

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by Martin2421 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:59 pm

Rob19 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:01 pm
Quick update guys.

I've received my status approved as Pre-settled though system was showing will be eligible for settled status. Home office is right about my application as I've been married for less than 5 years.

Hi Rob,

How long you have been married for ?

Thanks
Martin

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Martin2421 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Rob19 wrote:
Quick update guys.

Hi Rob,

How long you have been married for ?

Thanks
Martin
I've been married for almost 4 years mate

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 am

skasyap wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:10 pm
kamoe wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:30 pm
skasyap wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:08 am
Have you heard anything about how we will change from pre settled to settled status
I'm assuming we need to apply again, when we are eligible. I am also assuming this should be free, straightforward, and really quick.
I cannot find any guidance around that. It only says on gov.uk that you can change from pre settled to settled status when you complete five years, but no guidance or information around how it will done by an individual.
As virtually no one is in that case yet (you might be probably the first person!) it's natural they have not published any information. But if it corresponds to my assumptions above, then it is not different than an ordinary application for Settled status, no need for making a special provision.
For an e.g. apply online and select option as changing from pre settled to settled status
This would be wonderful, and will probably be the case when fresh applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status close in June 2021, and only conversion cases from Pre-Settled to Settled remain.
I guess home office is more concerned about EU nationals at the moment hence why plenty of guidance available for them but less concerned about non eea national (third country). Its like shooting in the dark, and if you lucky, you might hit the target (settled status).
Yes. They are concerned by numbers they can show. Absolutely no clarity on what policies are applied for non-EU family members.
Thanks anyway. I think if they do decide to give me pre settled, I would apply for PR then because in that case atleast I will not be in limo and will apply for citizenship year after. I doubt UK is ever going to leave EU so they can't void EEA PR ROUTE !!
Yes, no harm in applying for PR, and it might as well be the only remaining option. Pfff.
Further update on my application:
My wife EU national - sent her id in a post on 8th of April.
Received by HO - On 9th of April
Me as a Non EU- only uploaded marriage certificate and residence card sticker on my passport on 4th of April when submitted application.
Biometric requirement - appointment booked for 12 th of April due to no other free services before.
Biometric completed - on 12 th of April.

My wife EU national: still waiting for status confirmation and not yet received her id back.
Me as a Non EU : God knows what will happen next :)
Update as of 25th of April:
Me as a Non EU- only uploaded marriage certificate and residence card sticker on my passport on 4th of April when submitted application.
Biometric requirement - appointment booked for 12 th of April due to no other free services before.
Non EU COA received : 25th of April
Decision: Pending

EU national :
ID card received: 23rd of April
COA received : Pending

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi there,
Just a quick question:
I am non eu family member please advise how can I link my application with my eu wife's application who already applied and got settle status
Thanks.

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:30 pm

skasyap wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 am
skasyap wrote:
kamoe wrote:
skasyap wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:08 am
Have you heard anything about how we will change from pre settled to settled status
I'm assuming we need to apply again, when we are eligible. I am also assuming this should be free, straightforward, and really quick.
I cannot find any guidance around that. It only says on gov.uk that you can change from pre settled to settled status when you complete five years, but no guidance or information around how it will done by an individual.
As virtually no one is in that case yet (you might be probably the first person!) it's natural they have not published any information. But if it corresponds to my assumptions above, then it is not different than an ordinary application for Settled status, no need for making a special provision.
For an e.g. apply online and select option as changing from pre settled to settled status
This would be wonderful, and will probably be the case when fresh applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status close in June 2021, and only conversion cases from Pre-Settled to Settled remain.
I guess home office is more concerned about EU nationals at the moment hence why plenty of guidance available for them but less concerned about non eea national (third country). Its like shooting in the dark, and if you lucky, you might hit the target (settled status).
Yes. They are concerned by numbers they can show. Absolutely no clarity on what policies are applied for non-EU family members.
Thanks anyway. I think if they do decide to give me pre settled, I would apply for PR then because in that case atleast I will not be in limo and will apply for citizenship year after. I doubt UK is ever going to leave EU so they can't void EEA PR ROUTE !!
Yes, no harm in applying for PR, and it might as well be the only remaining option. Pfff.

My wife EU national: still waiting for status confirmation and not yet received her id back.

EU national :
Hi there,
How did you link your application to your EU family member

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:17 pm

PAPI wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:31 pm
Hi there,
Just a quick question:
I am non eu family member please advise how can I link my application with my eu wife's application who already applied and got settle status
Thanks.

Your EEA national sponsor will receive a letter or an Email from the Home Office and in the letter on top right there is application reference number

you can use that number to link
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:23 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:17 pm
PAPI wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:31 pm
Hi there,
Just a quick question:
Thanks.

Your EEA national sponsor will receive a letter or an Email from the Home Office and in the letter on top right there is application reference number

you can use that number to link
Thank you for your answer askmeplz82
I already knew that but my question was where do you write the application number? ,when i will make my application the online form will ask me for that number? or how you make aware the HO that your want to link the applications.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Update as of 28th of April:
Decision: Settled status granted on 28th of April.

EU national :
COA received : 26th April
Decision: Settled status granted on 26th of April
Good luck everyone!!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:45 pm

PAPI wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:23 am
I already knew that but my question was where do you write the application number? ,when i will make my application the online form will ask me for that number?
Yes.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:23 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:45 pm
PAPI wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:23 am
I already knew that but my question was where do you write the application number? ,when i will make my application the online form will ask me for that number?
Yes.
Thank you kamoe

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:26 pm

skasyap wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:43 pm

EU national :
Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations skasyap !!!
Did you received a settled status physical document?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:46 pm

PAPI wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:26 pm
skasyap wrote:

EU national :
Good luck everyone!!
Not yet but settled status email says it will arrive in next 7 working days.

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 pm

PAPI wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:30 pm
skasyap wrote:
skasyap wrote:
kamoe wrote:

EU national :
Hi there,
PAPI

When you will make an application online, then in the application type section, there will be a question :
Has your sponsor applied for settled status? And if if you said yes to the question then there would be three more questions as below and one of them would ask to provide your partner / spouse application number:

Q1 Sponsor's given names

Q2 Sponsor's surname

Q3Sponsor's application number

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:20 pm

skasyap wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:46 pm
PAPI wrote:
skasyap wrote:

EU national :
Good luck everyone!!
👍

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:21 pm

skasyap wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 pm
PAPI wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:30 pm
skasyap wrote:
skasyap wrote:

EU national :
Hi there,
PAPI

When you will make an application online, then in the application type section, there will be a question :
Has your sponsor applied for settled status? And if if you said yes to the question then there would be three more questions as below and one of them would ask to provide your partner / spouse application number:

Q1 Sponsor's given names

Q2 Sponsor's surname

Q3Sponsor's application number
Amazing !!! thank you

Rkohdi
India

Post by Rkohdi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:41 am

My wife (EU) applied for settled status on 7th april and got settle status yesterday 29th april.

Good luck everyone

gini852

Post by gini852 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:16 am

Rob19 wrote:
Quick update guys.

Hi Rob, congrats on getting your status approved! Were you told when (which date) you'd be eligible for settled status? I'm mainly wondering which date they start counting from (ie. was it from the date of your marriage or possibly even earlier - if you can show proof of being in a relationship with your spouse)? Thanks in advance.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 am

Of course always marriage date / you can’t count earlier if married to an EU national

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:40 am
Of course always marriage date / you can’t count earlier if married to an EU national
Yes you can, if, for example you had an EEA residence Card issued as unmarried partner. Maybe not applicable to this particular case, but it's possible.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 02, 2019 10:03 am

Yes then it's from Residence card Issued date not when relationship started if unMARRIED

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu May 02, 2019 3:03 pm

skasyap wrote:
PAPI wrote:
skasyap wrote:

EU national :
Good luck everyone!!
Settled status granted on 28th and revived biometric residence card on 1st of May.

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Post by Martin2421 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:08 am

skasyap wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:03 pm
skasyap wrote:
PAPI wrote:
skasyap wrote:

EU national :
Good luck everyone!!
Settled status granted on 28th and revived biometric residence card on 1st of May.
Congratulations Skasyap

Just a quick one I believe you applied a month prior (4 years 11month) from your eligibility time. Did they give you an option to select settled status/Pre or you got the decision later post submission?

Thanks in advance
Martin

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Martin2421 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:08 am
skasyap wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:03 pm
skasyap wrote:
PAPI wrote:

Congratulations Skasyap

Just a quick one I believe you applied a month prior (4 years 11month) from your eligibility time. Did they give you an option to select settled status/Pre or you got the decision later post submission?

Thanks in advance
Martin
Hi Martin

1) When I made an online application, I was considered for settled status and received acknowledgment email.

2) HO sent a COA via email saying I will have my decision soon.

3) HO sent another email regarding status outcome.

Till here no physical document was posted in mail.

4)Received bio metric in post - signed delivery but not Royal Mail.

My 5 years residence card was about to expire on 2nd of May this year, but got settled status date as 28th of April (this means I will be eligible for British Citizenship after 28th of April 2020) and not the date I made my application 5th of April.
In my wife case who is an EU national, and also granted settled status, HO stated her settled status date as date when she made the application 4th of April. I think just for 4 days left on my residence card to qualify 5 years was not an issue for HO.

But again we lived together for more than 8 years on a same address. I have seen people have posted here different things but trust me in the end it’s HO who will decide which status you should be granted by considering different factors and not just rely on what you were told online when you made an application.
So I would emphasise that people here are sharing their experiences which we don’t know how good their past visa/residence history is but only home office.

Make an application and provide what HO ask you to provide and you will be fine and given status which meets their criteria.

Good luck!!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Fri May 03, 2019 1:55 pm

And no HO never called or email asking me which status I should get !!