ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

AshJK

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by AshJK » Wed May 01, 2019 4:05 pm

Ibab wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:38 pm
Application: 01.04.2019
(Online-nothing posted-linked with EEA sponsor's application)

Biometric: 09.04.2019
BRC: Don't have (5 year RC)
CoA: Pending
Decision: Pending

Called twice , online form once, no update just bn told its with a Caseworker.
Your CoA is unusually delayed, 4 weeks after application and 3 weeks after biometrics is a lot compared to the mejority of applicants. You can call and ask for an escalation on grounds that you require the CoA to seek employment. Though if you were applying for settled status directly, this will drag on.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:55 pm

I applied today . My 2nd application under EU after nearly 9 years

My EEA RC expired 4 years ago
EEA family member separated from me long time ago

I send application today and system shows I am eligible for settled status ( of course because of my NI )

Then booked appointment today 3pm in Croydon for biometric paid £100

Now it’s waiting game . My case is not straightforward because I didn’t send any residency proof of EEA national . Only a photocopy for her national ID and letter from HMRC that shows her national insurance number

I don’t mind waiting even if it takes 6 months . I am happy that finally I done something after 4 years . It can be even refused who knows . But I am ready to fight the case with the Home office later
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

MALCOM2

Eu settlement.Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by MALCOM2 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:34 pm

This is my timeline. Apply on 04. 04 2019 non eu .ROR home Office request my BRC . And BRC send 07.04 2019 Received on 08.04.2019 . And coa received on 30.04.2019 . And settlement granted on 01.05.2019 . Good luck to everyone.

leucocephulas1
Newly Registered

Post by leucocephulas1 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:22 am

Got my COA today. Applied on 01/04' did biometric on 12/04. To i received coa by email tell me that i will get decision shortly.

Am qualified for settled having married for 10 yrs by sept 19. Divorced 2014 got ROR 2015 thay will expire 2020.

What are my chances of getting my settled status by weekend?
[/quote] Got another email today from HO requesting my ex id or any thing that shows she is not willing to give it to me. According to the email they just want to make sure she is an eu citizen. Pls should i send a photocopyof her id? I also have a chat with her where she stated that she cant give her id since we are divorced. Will that help?
[/quote]

Hey so have you submitted copy of her passport or any other evidence? Did you heard anything from Ho?

leucocephulas1
Newly Registered

Post by leucocephulas1 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:35 am

Guys, don’t worry. Look at timeline of my friends. EU citizen - settles status was offered on 12th of April. coa was received on 13. Decision 18.04.2019
His wife non eu, submitted application on Saturday 13th of April, biometric done on 15th late evening. Still no COA.
[/quote]

To sum up in line

Application made under EU settlement scheme with no BRP for non EU-Family member on
13th of April
15th of April Biometrics done
30th of April COA received

I wonder how long to wait after COA received for actual decision. 3 calls were made to Resolution centre, they said they are overloaded.
[/quote]

I am in a same boat. I applied without Eu family member help And i never applied for Brp.

Applied on 9th April
Biometrics 10 April
COA by email 28 April
Status waiting

Is there anyone else who applied without help of their eu partner and without their ID and got the status?

Bunny47
Mood:

Post by Bunny47 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:59 am

leucocephulas1 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:35 am
Guys, don’t worry. Look at timeline of my friends. EU citizen - settles status was offered on 12th of April. coa was received on 13. Decision 18.04.2019
His wife non eu, submitted application on Saturday 13th of April, biometric done on 15th late evening. Still no COA.
To sum up in line

Application made under EU settlement scheme with no BRP for non EU-Family member on
13th of April
15th of April Biometrics done
30th of April COA received

I wonder how long to wait after COA received for actual decision. 3 calls were made to Resolution centre, they said they are overloaded.
[/quote]

I am in a same boat. I applied without Eu family member help And i never applied for Brp.

Applied on 9th April
Biometrics 10 April
COA by email 28 April
Status waiting

Is there anyone else who applied without help of their eu partner and without their ID and got the status?
[/quote]

Yes but not heard anything since I received my COA.

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:48 am

leucocephulas1 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:22 am
Got my COA today. Applied on 01/04' did biometric on 12/04. To i received coa by email tell me that i will get decision shortly.

Am qualified for settled having married for 10 yrs by sept 19. Divorced 2014 got ROR 2015 thay will expire 2020.

What are my chances of getting my settled status by weekend?
Got another email today from HO requesting my ex id or any thing that shows she is not willing to give it to me. According to the email they just want to make sure she is an eu citizen. Pls should i send a photocopyof her id? I also have a chat with her where she stated that she cant give her id since we are divorced. Will that help?
[/quote]

Hey so have you submitted copy of her passport or any other evidence? Did you heard anything from Ho?
[/quote]
Yes i sent two documents. Picture of her ID and accention document from HO. A day after my settled status email arrived. Now i got my BRC.

Ibab
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ibab » Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am

AshJK wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:05 pm
Ibab wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:38 pm
Application: 01.04.2019
(Online-nothing posted-linked with EEA sponsor's application)

CoA: Pending

Called twice , online form once, no update just bn told its with a Caseworker.
Your CoA is unusually delayed, 4 weeks after application and 3 weeks after biometrics is a lot compared to the mejority of applicants. You can call and ask for an escalation on grounds that you require the CoA to seek employment. Though if you were applying for settled status directly, this will drag on.
Update:

CoA: 02.05.2019

AshJK what do u mean by "applying settled status directly"? Should i have apply for PR first?

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Thu May 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Ibab wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am

AshJK what do u mean by "applying settled status directly"? Should i have apply for PR first?
The last line was to check if you were applying for pre-settled status or settled status. If your application was for pre settled status, you should have got the BRC by now. But any settled status applications which are a bit ambiguous and require manual checks are taking a long time.

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 4:55 pm
I applied today . My 2nd application under EU after nearly 9 years

My EEA RC expired 4 years ago
EEA family member separated from me long time ago

I send application today and system shows I am eligible for settled status ( of course because of my NI )

Then booked appointment today 3pm in Croydon for biometric paid £100

Now it’s waiting game . My case is not straightforward because I didn’t send any residency proof of EEA national . Only a photocopy for her national ID and letter from HMRC that shows her national insurance number

I don’t mind waiting even if it takes 6 months . I am happy that finally I done something after 4 years . It can be even refused who knows . But I am ready to fight the case with the Home office later
You have stated that you and the EEA national are 'separated' and therefore presumably not yet divorced. If so, then you should have attached proof of your marriage to the application. The application won't progress without that, the HO will contact you for that document if you haven't submitted it.

The law would recognise 5 years of residence if you were married to the EEA national for 3 yrs out of which one year was spent living together in the UK. The basic document you are supposed to submit is the marriage certificate in English, and then it is up to the HO to seek further documents before granting approval for status in they need any.

Ibab
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ibab » Thu May 02, 2019 3:18 pm

AshJK wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:04 pm

The last line was to check if you were applying for pre-settled status or settled status. If your application was for pre settled status, you should have got the BRC by now. But any settled status applications which are a bit ambiguous and require manual checks are taking a long time.
Oh got it, thank you AshJK ,
yes I have applied for settled status ''dependent child over 21'' , my mum's timeline was
Application 12.4.19
Biometrics 17.4.19
CoA 25.4.19
Decision 28.4.19
BRC 2.5.19 (10 year validity ILR)

AshJK

Post by AshJK » Thu May 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Ibab wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:18 pm
AshJK wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Oh got it, thank you AshJK ,
yes I have applied for settled status ''dependent child over 21'' , my mum's timeline was
Application 12.4.19
Biometrics 17.4.19
CoA 25.4.19
Decision 28.4.19
BRC 2.5.19 (10 year validity ILR)
Your case is quite straightforward. Did you upload your birth certificate in English that shows your mother's name? And you would have to upload two to three documents that show you live at the same address as your sponsor to prove dependency. If this is in place, they will approve your case. If not, then figure out how to add this paperwork to your application to move this along. 4 weeks is a long time for a CoA for an uncomplicated case.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:47 pm

“ You have stated that you and the EEA national are 'separated' and therefore presumably not yet divorced. If so, then you should have attached proof of your marriage to the application. “

Yes I included

- marriage certificate scan
- her national ID card copy
- letter from HMRC

Ibab
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ibab » Fri May 03, 2019 7:36 am

Update:

CoA: 02.05.2019
Decision: 03.05.2019 Settled Status Granted
BRC to arrive within 7 days

@AshJK , yes i had uploaded the birth certificate in english and tenancy Agreement, bills etc to cover 5 years residancy. Well I was confused when applying as technically i am not "dependent" as i hv bn in full time employment for last 4 years paying bills etc, and my RC was also as child above 21 years, but still living with parents and they were paying for comprehensive sickness insurance for last 5 years. (PR req)
Thanks @AshJK for your help and time and
GOOD LUCK to everyone...

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:36 am

Guys I applied as separated EEA family member

Only included EEA national photocopy of her ID
No Residency proof given of my EU sponsor

I applied 1st of May / biometric 1st May

Today I received COA from home office

So just 1 day ...

Is it a good news ? Does that mean they don’t need anything from me ?

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:19 am

@Ibab

I am also dependent Child of my dad when i got my RC i was student for 7 years. I got it at the age of 32.

I had RC from 2011 to 2016 and in 2017 Jan they refused my PR. The only reason was they said my salary was higher than my dad (EU NATIONAL) and i working full time as well. My solicitor advised me to switch to 10 years it was refused. First tribunal refused as well. I switched solicitor he reopened my RC refusal case. And had a hearing on 15th april 2019. Since 2016 I am fighting for my PR or now its SETTLED STATUS.

Can you please advise what exact documents did u uploaded, i am thinking of applying for Settled status again through new app. I am very much sure HO system has a flaw. I may by pass it or may not.

But can u plz be accurate about documents please?

Many thanks.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:05 pm

@askmeplz82

You stated you have applied after 4 years of RC expiry. When you applied online did they ask for your ID document? Do u have your passport with you or HO have it?

Please advise the whole situation so that I can try please.

Many thanks
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

Ibab
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ibab » Fri May 03, 2019 12:32 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:36 am
Guys I applied as separated EEA family member

Only included EEA national photocopy of her ID
No Residency proof given of my EU sponsor

I applied 1st of May / biometric 1st May

Today I received COA from home office

So just 1 day ...

Is it a good news ? Does that mean they don’t need anything from me ?
Good luck , You ll get the decision "shortly".

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:41 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:05 pm
@askmeplz82

You stated you have applied after 4 years of RC expiry. When you applied online did they ask for your ID document? Do u have your passport with you or HO have it?

Please advise the whole situation so that I can try please.

Many thanks

My EEA RC expired in 2015
I never applied for PR or another RC because my EU family member left me few weeks before and she took everything with her

I knew at that time if I apply it will be straight refusal like everyone else because didn’t have EEA national ID and work history documents so didn’t do anything

I have my old passport with expired RC + My new passport issued by my country embassy because old one is expired last year

Ibab
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ibab » Fri May 03, 2019 12:49 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:19 am
@Ibab

I am also dependent Child of my dad when i got my RC i was student for 7 years. I got it at the age of 32.

I had RC from 2011 to 2016 and in 2017 Jan they refused my PR. The only reason was they said my salary was higher than my dad (EU NATIONAL) and i working full time as well. My solicitor advised me to switch to 10 years it was refused. First tribunal refused as well. I switched solicitor he reopened my RC refusal case. And had a hearing on 15th april 2019. Since 2016 I am fighting for my PR or now its SETTLED STATUS.

Can you please advise what exact documents did u uploaded, i am thinking of applying for Settled status again through new app. I am very much sure HO system has a flaw. I may by pass it or may not.

But can u plz be accurate about documents please?

Many thanks.
You should apply for Settled Staus asap , your case history is a bit complicated but under this new EU Scheme you should get the settled status.
For residancy: P60s, utility bills and tenancy agreement to show i hd bn living at same address as my sponsor and they were paying for it and my health insurance, I think that was important for your PR as well regardless of you were earning more than yuor sponsor. For relation just birth certificate

Well apply using online app . when you first got your RC you were dependent, then on RC they allowed you to work so you were excercising your rights.

goodpartner
Ukraine

Post by goodpartner » Fri May 03, 2019 1:00 pm

hello, the applicant time-line(non-eu):
Application made: 13/04/2019
Biometrics done: 15/04/2019
COA received: 30/04/2019
Decision successful received 3/05/2019
BRP within next 7 working days: the question is? is it delivered for personal signature or it is just as Royal Mail? it is written Freepost and reference. what it means, I don't understand.

Osafidence
inactive

Post by Osafidence » Fri May 03, 2019 1:11 pm

I hope this will help lots of people.

EEA route for Extended family member(relative)

Oct 2017 application submitted
2017 Coa no work right
Wrote letter to challenge coa
April 2018 refused
Reasons... solicitor not filing some section 14 in the form and not submitting evidence on dependency throughout 5 years and working earning too much...too few to mention
Lodged appeal
Ftt hearing july 2018 was dismissed
Apply utt
Utt agree with Ftt..... no further right of appeal in oct

New application submitted sep
Sep 2018.....Coa with work right
Application refused in oct 2018
Appeal paper applied in Nov
Bundles submitted in Dec
Determination......pending

Eu Settlement scheme

Applied on 7th April with my passport
Biometrics done April 15th paid £100
Coa recieved 24th April
Settled status granted 30th April by email
Quitely waiting for my card b4 i withdraw previous apply

Eu settlement documents submitted
The system allow 10 documents only
6. Council tax bills 2013 to 2019 with both names EEA Sponsor(aunty) and myself.
3. Birth certificates ( proof of relationship)
1. My expired residence card

I didn't post anything to them only pictures although my passport was scanned at Ukcas after biometrics.

Hope this helps someone......... God's plan 🙏

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:31 pm

@osafidence

Thank u so much for the detailed email, really greatful, yes it will definitely help.

One question my passport is with HO since my PR refused in 2017. How I am going to proceed with the app? And in Feb 2019 my passport was expired too but didnt make a new one.

2 weeks ago i applied for my dad with whom I am living since he moved from EU (2010 till to date). Same address i got all the documents everything. He got his settled status granted in 3 days.

But confused about passport as all the documents are with home office.

And did u write any covering letter means which u scanned and uploaded? Can u please guide me, sorry to be pain.

Really frustrasted i am in the same boat like u but got 2 british born kids and wife. No job since July 2017 right to work stopped.

Please help me with this guideline.

Will be greatly thankful.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:38 pm

@Ibab

Thank you really for your help. Yes i am going to apply asap but i mentioned to the @Osafidence I dont have any passport all are with HO. But i got copies of my passport and so many other documents including tenancy agreement and council tax bills and other bills. I want to do it asap.

Please can u guide me regarding this if you had any covering letter can u please paste here after deleting personal details please.

Really struggling at the moment. Spent almost £10K in 3 years time on my application.

Osafidence
inactive

Post by Osafidence » Fri May 03, 2019 9:43 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:31 pm
@osafidence

Thank u so much for the detailed email, really greatful, yes it will definitely help.

One question my passport is with HO since my PR refused in 2017. How I am going to proceed with the app? And in Feb 2019 my passport was expired too but didnt make a new one.

2 weeks ago i applied for my dad with whom I am living since he moved from EU (2010 till to date). Same address i got all the documents everything. He got his settled status granted in 3 days.

But confused about passport as all the documents are with home office.

And did u write any covering letter means which u scanned and uploaded? Can u please guide me, sorry to be pain.

Really frustrasted i am in the same boat like u but got 2 british born kids and wife. No job since July 2017 right to work stopped.

Please help me with this guideline.

Will be greatly thankful.
I believe you can do your application while your passport is with the home office but i don't know if expired passport is allowed. It was stated in Ukcas website that if your passport is with home office you can come with other form of ID for your biometrics eg full or provisional license.

I didn't write any cover letter in my Eu scheme application just pictures of council tax bill and birth certificate and expired RC.

My RC expired same 2017 till date am still working i keep requesting Coa every 6 months due to pending appeal.....also each time i lodge application immediately i recieve acknowledgement letter i request back me and my sponsors passports.

Give the Eu settlement a go use the council tax bill as proof of residence then link it with your dad's application ref use your expired RC and birth certificates for proof of relationship. Book Ukcas and use your DL as ID. Fingers crossed

Today i missed DX delivery hopefully my Settled status and i have been contacting DX courier over 5 hrs to no avail.