ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a reason to be concerned or is it just anxiety

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

R-graphite
Mood:

Is there a reason to be concerned or is it just anxiety

Post by R-graphite » Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi,

I applied on 5th Feb 2019 and yet I still haven’t got a decision . I contacted them today and they replied that my application hasn’t been considered yet and that they cannot tell me anything until ‘work begins on my application’ which I found it weird. Many applicants have already received a decision. Is there a reason to be concerned? It’s been 3 months and I am really surprised that I would be in this situation. Well anxiety is a the worst thing ever and unfortunately I can’t do much as it is still within 6 months.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Is there a reason to be concerned or is it just anxiety

Post by zimba » Fri May 03, 2019 6:49 pm

British citizenship can take as long as it takes. Do not compare your application with others. Every application is different and will be decided on its own merits
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Is there a reason to be concerned or is it just anxiety

Post by R-graphite » Fri May 03, 2019 6:55 pm

Thanks Zimba. It is absolutely correct what you said but the psychological pressure emerging from comparing oneself to others is hard to overcome. Hopefully I will hear soon from them and thanks for the advice :)
Zimba wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:49 pm
British citizenship can take as long as it takes. Do not compare your application with others. Every application is different and will be decided on its own merits
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.