ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adey

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Adey » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:35 am

Hi Jaoquin,

Thanks for the words of encouragement it's much appreciated.

airbellantuono
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by airbellantuono » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:17 am

Hello everyone!

April 8, 2019 I applied EEA FP at VFS Global ( Dubai) Biometric

April 18, 2019 I received email from Sheffield that my application is for consideration.

Today April 30 ( exactly my 15th working days) I called UK immigration to follow up my application and they said that my application is still awaiting for ECO's decision. She gave me reference number and said she will escalate but unfortunately my call was cut due to out of mobile balance.

I don't even know the purpose of the reference number she gave to me over the phone.

This is so nerve-wracking.

Omarshikheey
Newly Registered

Post by Omarshikheey » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi hope everyone is well.

Could anyone tell me, im eea national my wife joined me under eea family permit. Would it be possible if her brothers or sister could join us. Due to hardship they facing.

Your help will be much appreciated.

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:21 pm

Omarshikheey wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:13 pm
Hi hope everyone is well.

Could anyone tell me, im eea national my wife joined me under eea family permit. Would it be possible if her brothers or sister could join us. Due to hardship they facing.

Your help will be much appreciated.
Hi Omarshikheey.
You should read these:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s-v7.0.pdf

Page 12 here:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2_0EXT.pdf

Regards,
Joaquín

Adey

Post by Adey » Wed May 01, 2019 8:43 am

airbellantuono wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:17 am
Hello everyone!

April 8, 2019 I applied EEA FP at VFS Global ( Dubai) Biometric

April 18, 2019 I received email from Sheffield that my application is for consideration.

Today April 30 ( exactly my 15th working days) I called UK immigration to follow up my application and they said that my application is still awaiting for ECO's decision. She gave me reference number and said she will escalate but unfortunately my call was cut due to out of mobile balance.

I don't even know the purpose of the reference number she gave to me over the phone.

This is so nerve-wracking.
You have to put the 2 days of Easter break into.consideration thus 15 working days should be tomorrow if I am correct. good luck hope to get a positive response

airbellantuono
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by airbellantuono » Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Thanks @adey.

airbellantuono
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by airbellantuono » Thu May 02, 2019 12:05 am

Applied EEA FM last 8th April.

I am Filipina I have UAE residency. My husband is Italian working in the UK for more than 2 years. We decided to get married in Dubai than in Philippines.

So basically both of us got married in foreign country.

I'm really worried because we didn't submit Marriage Certificate with Foreign Affairs Stamp, just only with Ministry of Justice (Dubai) and Notary Stamp.

(UAE is not belong in so called Apostille btw)

I really don't know if UK would recognise our Marriage Certificate.

Today's my 16th days from my application date.

I called UKVI yesterday and they said that ECO has not made decision yet.

devil88bg
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by devil88bg » Thu May 02, 2019 10:57 am

airbellantuono wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:05 am

I am Filipina I have UAE residency. My husband is Italian working in the UK for more than 2 years. We decided to get married in Dubai than in Philippines.

I'm really worried because we didn't submit Marriage Certificate with Foreign Affairs Stamp, just only with Ministry of Justice (Dubai) and Notary Stamp.

It is ok, don't think too much.

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Fri May 03, 2019 4:10 am

Hey guys.
I wanted to share my timeline. Argentinean married to a Spanish national. We have two kids (5 and 3, both Spanish):
Applied in Visa4UK website: 26/3
Bimetric and supporting documentss: 3/4
Email from Sheffield informing reception and taking application in consideration: 12/4

This is the thing. I am going to the UK for work. After applying and talking to an immigration solicitor provided by my employer (future employer), we though my application was flawed. By the way, yes, they provided me the solicitor AFTER I applied, amazing. So we all thought that the best was to withdraw the application and reapply. So:

Called UKVI to withdraw application: 24/4
Withdrawn confirmed on the same phone call: 24/4
Passport received at home: 2/5
WITH THE FAMILY PERMIT IN IT!!!! Dated 24/4, the same day I had asked to withdraw.

It looks like the decision had already been taken that same day and of course they can not rip a page from your passport. I am so happy, I cannot believe it.

Now. Commonly in this forum we read a lot of negative stories about refusals or complications. This might generate a feeling that we are all going to be refused. I wanted to tell you why I though my application was going to be refused, so you guys, if you are nervous or in panic mode, know that caseworkers are also kind of "considered":

-My marriage certificate had no Hague Apostille (I know it is not mandatory, but it is always better to have it)
-My wife was divorced when we got married (2012). It is stated on the marriage certificate, of course, but I did not present the judge's decree with the divorce sentence. I though this was bad. I didn't even mention that my wife had been married before.
-In the question were I was asked if we have had a previous marriage I answered NO. This is not because I wanted to lie about my case, but because when putting YES the form enabled a question asking when had the two of us got divorced, which didn't make any sense. I though the question was directed to those applying for a retained right of residence after a divorce, or something like that. The visa4uk questionnaire was indeed very confusing on this. They have now removed that question on the gov.uk new application form, thank God. The solicitor told my I should have answered YES and explain in the comments at the end that it is not us the ones divorced, but she was divorced from a previous marriage. Anyway, I thought this was very bad too.
-I mentioned that I was going to the UK for at least five years, disclosing that I was going to work and that we would live on my future salary. And my future employer forgot to send me the offer letter on time for my biometrics date! So I talked a lot about a job that I didn't present any proof of. I thought this was even worse.
-I didn't put any details of any potential accommodation on arrival. The solicitor told me this was the worst mistake.
-I didn't present any proof of savings to afford the trip. Not bank statements, nor payslips from my current job in Argentina.
-I did not present any proof of joint residence/co-habitation with my wife. Not sure if this is only mandatory for unmarried couples, but it is certainly recommended in any case.

So, even though all these, I got the Family Permit approved.

What things I did present that might have convinced the ECO caseworker?

-Marriage certificate translated by an official public translator.
-My wife's passport (obviously)
-Birth certificate of our two kids, were we both appear as the parents. Also translated.
-My kids passport to show they are Spanish too (this was stupid, has nothing to do with the decision I think)
-14 very nice photographs (I am an amateur photographer), date-stamped from 2011 to 2019, that really depict our story in chronological sequence, including our wedding, birth of the kids, first day of school, birthdays, etc. Some pictures with friends to show that were not "set-up" pictures.

I really think the photographs might have saved my application.

Ok, this is just to give you guys hope on your pending applications. I am sure that 99% of the Family Permit applications get approved and you never hear of those in these forums, but a lot of the 1% refusals do get here seeking for help, which make sense.

I wish you all the best!

Regards,
Joaquín

ausberg
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by ausberg » Fri May 03, 2019 5:31 am

Hello, guys,
I want to share my experience.
I applied for EEA family permit on the 8th of April in VFS Global in Guangzhou. Biometrics was collected the same day.
I received a letter from Sheffield stating that my application was under consideration on the 15th of April.
I never worried too much as I always apply for all types of visas and this process is quite familiar for me. But then I started reading about EEA family permit refusals and my panic mode was activated! I’ve read that people were providing the immigration officers with photos, chats screens etc and I was shocked and terrified. But this wasn’t in the list of supporting documents! I applied online, then booked and appointment at VFS Global, handed in our bank statements, residency certificate in China, tenancy references, marriage certificate, Apostilled and translated into English as we got married in Russia. And that’s it. My husband is Irish, we’ve been married for 4 years and I never even thought that someone could have doubted our marriage. But my husband is 18 years older than me and I really was scared that it could have been an issue. In my opinion, photos, chats etc are important for those couples which live apart from each other.
So, I was so hyper, running all around like a headless chicken but yesterday I got a letter that stated that my passport was ready for collection. And today my passport was delivered to me with a 6 months EEA family permit D visa which states that it is valid from the 26th of April. Considering the Easter break in the UK this was fast and smooth. I don’t remember if I paid for priority service or not.
I wish everyone to get their documents as soon as possible and reunite with their beloved ones!!

ausberg
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by ausberg » Fri May 03, 2019 5:54 am

airbellantuono wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:05 am

Hello, you will be fine because I lived in the UAE and I have a lot of Philippino friends who moved to the UK with their European husbands. Yes, the UAE is not the member of the Hague Convention but all my friends who married in Dubai or Abu Dhabi are now in England ) Don’t worry, you will be fine

Adey

Post by Adey » Fri May 03, 2019 4:36 pm

jmedina wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:10 am
Hey guys.
I wanted to share my timeline. Argentinean married to a Spanish national. We have two kids (5 and 3, both Spanish):
Applied in Visa4UK website: 26/3
Bimetric and supporting documentss: 3/4
Email from Sheffield informing reception and taking application in consideration: 12/4

This is the thing. I am going to the UK for work. After applying and talking to an immigration solicitor provided by my employer (future employer), we though my application was flawed. By the way, yes, they provided me the solicitor AFTER I applied, amazing. So we all thought that the best was to withdraw the application and reapply. So:

Called UKVI to withdraw application: 24/4
Withdrawn confirmed on the same phone call: 24/4
Passport received at home: 2/5
WITH THE FAMILY PERMIT IN IT!!!! Dated 24/4, the same day I had asked to withdraw.

It looks like the decision had already been taken that same day and of course they can not rip a page from your passport. I am so happy, I cannot believe it.

Now. Commonly in this forum we read a lot of negative stories about refusals or complications. This might generate a feeling that we are all going to be refused. I wanted to tell you why I though my application was going to be refused, so you guys, if you are nervous or in panic mode, know that caseworkers are also kind of "considered":

-My marriage certificate had no Hague Apostille (I know it is not mandatory, but it is always better to have it)
-My wife was divorced when we got married (2012). It is stated on the marriage certificate, of course, but I did not present the judge's decree with the divorce sentence. I though this was bad. I didn't even mention that my wife had been married before.
-In the question were I was asked if we have had a previous marriage I answered NO. This is not because I wanted to lie about my case, but because when putting YES the form enabled a question asking when had the two of us got divorced, which didn't make any sense. I though the question was directed to those applying for a retained right of residence after a divorce, or something like that. The visa4uk questionnaire was indeed very confusing on this. They have now removed that question on the gov.uk new application form, thank God. The solicitor told my I should have answered YES and explain in the comments at the end that it is not us the ones divorced, but she was divorced from a previous marriage. Anyway, I thought this was very bad too.
-I mentioned that I was going to the UK for at least five years, disclosing that I was going to work and that we would live on my future salary. And my future employer forgot to send me the offer letter on time for my biometrics date! So I talked a lot about a job that I didn't present any proof of. I thought this was even worse.
-I didn't put any details of any potential accommodation on arrival. The solicitor told me this was the worst mistake.
-I didn't present any proof of savings to afford the trip. Not bank statements, nor payslips from my current job in Argentina.
-I did not present any proof of joint residence/co-habitation with my wife. Not sure if this is only mandatory for unmarried couples, but it is certainly recommended in any case.

So, even though all these, I got the Family Permit approved.

What things I did present that might have convinced the ECO caseworker?

-Marriage certificate translated by an official public translator.
-My wife's passport (obviously)
-Birth certificate of our two kids, were we both appear as the parents. Also translated.
-My kids passport to show they are Spanish too (this was stupid, has nothing to do with the decision I think)
-14 very nice photographs (I am an amateur photographer), date-stamped from 2011 to 2019, that really depict our story in chronological sequence, including our wedding, birth of the kids, first day of school, birthdays, etc. Some pictures with friends to show that were not "set-up" pictures.

I really think the photographs might have saved my application.

Ok, this is just to give you guys hope on your pending applications. I am sure that 99% of the Family Permit applications get approved and you never hear of those in these forums, but a lot of the 1% refusals do get here seeking for help, which make sense.

I wish you all the best!

Regards,
Joaquín

Waoh, yippie yippie
Congratulations Joaquin, I am super excited for you. Did your children also receive theirs....

Adey

Post by Adey » Fri May 03, 2019 4:40 pm

ausberg wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:31 am
Hello, guys,
I want to share my experience.
I applied for EEA family permit on the 8th of April in VFS Global in Guangzhou. Biometrics was collected the same day.
I received a letter from Sheffield stating that my application was under consideration on the 15th of April.
I never worried too much as I always apply for all types of visas and this process is quite familiar for me. But then I started reading about EEA family permit refusals and my panic mode was activated! I’ve read that people were providing the immigration officers with photos, chats screens etc and I was shocked and terrified. But this wasn’t in the list of supporting documents! I applied online, then booked and appointment at VFS Global, handed in our bank statements, residency certificate in China, tenancy references, marriage certificate, Apostilled and translated into English as we got married in Russia. And that’s it. My husband is Irish, we’ve been married for 4 years and I never even thought that someone could have doubted our marriage. But my husband is 18 years older than me and I really was scared that it could have been an issue. In my opinion, photos, chats etc are important for those couples which live apart from each other.
So, I was so hyper, running all around like a headless chicken but yesterday I got a letter that stated that my passport was ready for collection. And today my passport was delivered to me with a 6 months EEA family permit D visa which states that it is valid from the 26th of April. Considering the Easter break in the UK this was fast and smooth. I don’t remember if I paid for priority service or not.
I wish everyone to get their documents as soon as possible and reunite with their beloved ones!!
Congratulation Ausberg

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Fri May 03, 2019 5:58 pm

Adey wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:36 pm
Waoh, yippie yippie
Congratulations Joaquin, I am super excited for you. Did your children also receive theirs....
Hi Adey.
No, they are also Spanish nationals, they don't need it.

Regards,
Joaquín

Adey

Post by Adey » Fri May 03, 2019 7:08 pm

jmedina wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:58 pm
Adey wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:36 pm
Waoh, yippie yippie
Hi Adey.
No, they are also Spanish nationals, they don't need it.

Regards,
Joaquín
Okay, that's good. You must be overwhelmed

airbellantuono
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by airbellantuono » Sun May 05, 2019 11:49 pm

Just got my passport with EEA FP stamp! Exactly after 15 working days. Finally no more stressful days of waiting.

lemarlemar121

Post by lemarlemar121 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:29 am

Congratulations. What country did you apply from?

lemarlemar121

Post by lemarlemar121 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:31 am

airbellantuono wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:49 pm
Just got my passport with EEA FP stamp! Exactly after 15 working days. Finally no more stressful days of waiting.
Congratulations. What country did you apply from?

airbellantuono
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by airbellantuono » Tue May 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi I'm from Philippines, but I applied in Dubai because I have residency.

Adey

Post by Adey » Fri May 10, 2019 11:03 am

Morning house, pls who knows how I can track my application I filled form using the old website www
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
Applied on the 9th of April
Swift response will be appreciated.
Thank you

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Hello, I was reading all the matters in this forum . And found this forum very helpful . Please can anyone help me as well please . So my case is I am going to apply for EEA Family Permit soon from France to go together with my husband as he is French national . And I am non-eu but has got visa/residence permit here in France . As I was preparing ,I started to fill the online application.
I completed all the answers . And at the last I don’t know how it was saying that on document requirements ,it’s says in mandatory documents : passport or travel documents of my husband from British citizen . I don’t get that part . As I mention that he is French and I have his national number and all information.But how come it is saying that .Although they did mention my passport from my country which is ok I got it . But how come my husband’s from British citizen . Please could someone kindly help me in this matters . As I am trying to apply as soon as possible . Thank you

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 pm

I saw that point on the application form, it makes no sense. But you have no option but to tick it out otherwise your application will not be considered. I would point it out on the comments at the end.

lemarlemar121

Post by lemarlemar121 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:59 pm

1990phusang wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 pm
Hello, I was reading all the matters in this forum . And found this forum very helpful . Please can anyone help me as well please . So my case is I am going to apply for EEA Family Permit soon from France to go together with my husband as he is French national . And I am non-eu but has got visa/residence permit here in France . As I was preparing ,I started to fill the online application.
I completed all the answers . And at the last I don’t know how it was saying that on document requirements ,it’s says in mandatory documents : passport or travel documents of my husband from British citizen . I don’t get that part . As I mention that he is French and I have his national number and all information.But how come it is saying that .Although they did mention my passport from my country which is ok I got it . But how come my husband’s from British citizen . Please could someone kindly help me in this matters . As I am trying to apply as soon as possible . Thank you
Just send your husband French passport copy and his ID card copy with your application that should be ok.

Tushka
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Tushka » Sat May 11, 2019 8:50 am

Hello, could you please check my timeline and tell me if I should be worried.
I am of Russian citizenships,married to a Romanian who has been living in the UK for the past nearly 8 years.
26 March - fingerprints taken
5 April - email that application is received by visa centre
11 April - received an email that application is not straight forward

At this moment, it has passed more than 5 weeks and we still didn’t receive a decision. I started being worried as my plan was to join my husband in the middle of May (stated in application). We’re wondering what is that so complex in our case. Could it be the fact that I had a tier 2 working visa before, that I disclosed in the different sections of the visa application. We believe that our supporting documents are enough to prove that it’s not a fake marriage.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Adey

Post by Adey » Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Hello Tushka,

I believe UKVI has alot of applications they are working on.
I.submitted mine April 9th, received application not straightforward April 29th
I haven't heard anything till date.
I think you just have to be patient with them and hope to hear a positive response soon.