ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Innovation visa

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joshi2607
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Innovation Visa Dependant Work eligibility guidance

Post by joshi2607 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:55 pm

I have two questions.
1. Can an innovation visa dependant get work in UK? Are there any restrictions in it.
2. Eligibility for ILR in an innovation visa - Is it 3 years or 5 years ? and also I am an ICT tier 2 dependant, will my stay in UK be counted in my eligibility for an ILR.

It will be very helpful if you can provide guidance on it. Thanks!!

Best regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Innovation Visa Dependant Work eligibility guidance

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:20 pm

1. Dependents are free to work. Likely only restriction will be no work as dr or dentist in training.

2. 5 years. Your time as ICT dependent does not count towards the 5 years for ILR if you are the main Innovator visa holder.

https://www.gov.uk/innovator-visa
How long you can stay

You can stay for 3 years if you:

come to the UK on an Innovator visa
switch to this visa from another visa

You can apply to extend for another 3 years when your visa is due to expire. There’s no limit on the number of times you can extend.

You may be able to apply for settlement (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) once you’ve been in the UK for 5 years.
You likely also have to apply from outside the UK for the innovator visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joshi2607
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Innovation visa

Post by joshi2607 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:54 am

Hi ,

I am presently on a tier 2 ICT dependant visa and have started a start up in Mobile application technology in UK. My visa (2 year ) is valid till Feb 2020.
I have some questions - can you please help
1. Does this come under innovation - digital technology ?
2. Can I apply for independent visa before my expiry of my new visa. I came to know the new visas (specially tier 2 gen) gets rejected because tier 2 ict dependant visa also allows you to work

As per my understanding, I have 2 options to apply for new visa Innovation visa and Tier 2 Gen (my partner's parent company has a license for sponsoring tier 2 Gen )
3. Am I right there ?
4. Which is a better option? Considering its a startup, i ll have to make all the investments towards visa fees and all. I believe tier 2 fees is less and has less hassles. Does Innovation visa has better options for ILR?
5. Does ILR option in innovation holds after 3 years (the UK govt website says 5 years but i can many legal agencies claiming 3 years ) and since it is a substitute of tier 1 Entrepreneurship (which had a 3 year option), 3 years looks likely.

5 year is little challenging as we will have to make all the investments for visa / IHS/ etc and this will be twice for innovation visa

request your help with the above questions

best regards,
M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT Dependant to Innovation visa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:40 am

1. It depends if any of the endorsing bodies will endorse you based on your idea/business etc.

2. You can apply for any visa you qualify for at any time. Not sure what you mean by your visas rejected (specially tier 2 gen) comment??

3. You can apply for any visa you qualify for. Note that your partner cannot switch to Tier 2 General from Tier 2 ICT without 12 months cooling off period.

4. Only you can decide which option is best for you based on your circumstances. Note the innovator visa is very new, so many won't be able to comment on which is better. Visa fees for innovator visa are more than Tier 2 general.

5. I already answered this in your other topic (now merged with this last post), that you need 5 years on innovator visa. Note is is also not a like for like replacement visa for tier 1 entrepreneur. Innovator visa is not a points based system visa. Innovator visa requires 5 years residence for ILR.
5 year is little challenging as we will have to make all the investments for visa / IHS/ etc and this will be twice for innovation visa
There is no shortcut route to ILR. You require 5 year residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joshi2607
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by joshi2607 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:13 pm

Thank you very much for your response. This has been really helpful.

I am clarifying the point 2 and 3.

2. I have heard if one has a valid Tier 2 ICT dependant (mine is valid till Feb 2020) visa their application for a switch from tier 2 ICT Dependant to tier 2 Gen gets rejected as with T2ICT-D you are eligible to work. Is it true ? If so, when is the latest I should apply considering my visa expiring in Feb 2020.

3. Can my husband, who is a main Tier 2 gen visa holder, become my dependant without serving cooling period. I understand We will have to get the visa from our home country.
Actually, I meant my business partner has a parent company who have a tier 2 sponsor license. SO I hope they can sponsor me in case innovation visa has issues.

Thanks,
Minal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:24 pm

2. No it is not true. Many ICT dependents apply for tier 2 General from home country. As long as the sponsor has done Rlmt correctly etc and can get RCoS approval, then your visa application should be fine.

3. There is no cooling off period for ICT to dependent. Cooling off only applies to ICT main to tier 2 main visas. Whoever sponsors you must meet the full and proper requirements and prove to HO you are jot pre selected and it is a genuine vacancy.
Char (CR001 not Casa)