ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

newbie questions - visa application spouse to irish national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

StellaMaris
Newly Registered
Ireland

newbie questions - visa application spouse to irish national

Post by StellaMaris » Mon May 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Hi All,

me (Irish national) and my husband (non EU-national, asylum seeker) just got married 2 weeks ago and we want to start to get all necessary documentation ready to apply for his visa. As far as I know and read about this would be stamp 4. We are in a relationship for nearly 2 years.

While he is relaxed I am starting to get a bit worried what we actually need and how long it will take to get the application approved (he says 1-2 months, I say 12 months). I am quite a newbie in this :? and would appreciate some support and feedback about your experience.

1. How long for the process (application to approval)?
2. Could it be declined?
3. When would I get my passport back? (traveling abroad in August with friends without him, girls trip!)
3. My mother passed last year therefore bank statements will show a hike due to inheritance. Will they question this?
4. What additional documents did you provide? So far on my list is:
photos of us and with friends from trips, holidays and the wedding
Whatsapp screen shots (how many and certain relevancy?)
Bank Statements of our accounts and joint account
tenancy agreements
letters (we only have 2-3 though)
proof of medical insurance
P60s for the last 3 years
save the date/wedding invitation
5. Would you recommend do go to a solicitor not only for signature but to fill out the application form?
6. Anything the office is looking for in particular and would like to see and what would make it quicker/easier?
7. Should I include communication (whatsapp chats) with his family?
8. Do I need letters from friends to support his application? I feel a little bit uncomfortable to ask them but I would if needed.
9. I have a passport from another EU country due to dual citizenship (only Dad is Irish), would I have to send the 2nd one in as well?
10. Does he need a Police statement (garda vetting?) from Ireland and/or from his country of origin? (He has no criminal record however this might take some time to get so it would be good to know now)
11. We had a religious marriage last year should we mention this? Legally it is not valid.
12. Regarding the "detailed relationship history/timeline" what times did you mention? (I assume first date, proposal, moving in together, wedding and ...?)

Apologies for all the questions :oops: and thank you in advance for your help!

StellaMaris