ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful switch from T1GE to T1E - 2 days processing time

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thaicharoens
Newly Registered

T1GE to T1E switch after 29th March

Post by thaicharoens » Mon May 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Hello All,

Just wanted to clarify as I am switching soon.

So according to the updated guideline here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... v24ext.pdf
For applications made from 29 March 2019, the genuine entrepreneur test applies
only to extension and settlement applications. It does not apply to initial applications
from those who were previously Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) migrants.
Does this mean that to get a successful visa switching, I only need to satisfy the points requirement which is mainly the investment funds, maintenance and English? I will of course submit a business plan, but just wanted to know your views on this.

Thank you!

marcnath

Re: T1GE to T1E switch after 29th March

Post by marcnath » Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 pm

thaicharoens wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:41 pm
Hello All,

Just wanted to clarify as I am switching soon.

So according to the updated guideline here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... v24ext.pdf
For applications made from 29 March 2019, the genuine entrepreneur test applies
only to extension and settlement applications. It does not apply to initial applications
from those who were previously Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) migrants.
Does this mean that to get a successful visa switching, I only need to satisfy the points requirement which is mainly the investment funds, maintenance and English? I will of course submit a business plan, but just wanted to know your views on this.

Thank you!
No, the document is quite clear that you need the business plan.

Business plan
If the applicant is making an initial application, they must provide a business plan, setting out their proposed business activities in the UK and how they expect to make their business succeed.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

thaicharoens
Newly Registered

Re: T1GE to T1E switch after 29th March

Post by thaicharoens » Mon May 06, 2019 9:50 pm

I am submitting the business plan as it is in the requirements. However, with the application not being subjected to the genuine entrepreneur test, am I correct in thinking that they can not reject on the basis of credibility, etc? As the application is points-based.

marcnath

T1GE to T1E switch after 29th March

Post by marcnath » Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 pm

thaicharoens wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:50 pm
I am submitting the business plan as it is in the requirements. However, with the application not being subjected to the genuine entrepreneur test, am I correct in thinking that they can not reject on the basis of credibility, etc? As the application is points-based.
Yes, that is correct.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

thaicharoens
Newly Registered

Successful switch from T1GE to T1E - 2 days processing time

Post by thaicharoens » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:53 pm

Hi everyone,

So I finally went for the switch from GE to T1E with only 2 days of processing time. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice here since from switching from Tier 4 to Grad Ent!

My timeline is:

Online Initial application: 12/07/19
UKVCAS submission: 16/07/19
Email from HO - Successful Application: 18/07/19
BRP: Waiting

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

usmanzaka
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Successful switch from T1GE to T1E - 2 days processing time

Post by usmanzaka » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:08 am

thaicharoens wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:53 pm
Hi everyone,

So I finally went for the switch from GE to T1E with only 2 days of processing time. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice here since from switching from Tier 4 to Grad Ent!

My timeline is:

Online Initial application: 12/07/19
UKVCAS submission: 16/07/19
Email from HO - Successful Application: 18/07/19
BRP: Waiting

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hi,
I will be switching fro tier 1 graduate to tier 1 soon. Please let me know what documents I need as I am keeping £50,000 in my personal account for 90 days. My company is active from last 1.5 years and I am the only director with 2 equal shareholders. What else do I need to show in business plan?
Regards,

xuhangself
Newly Registered

Post by xuhangself » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi thaicharoens,

I have just seen your post and I am going to apply for the Tier 1 E visa from my current Tier 1 GE soon.
Could you provide me with your email if you do not mind, I would like to consult some questions.

If you can reply to me, it would be very appreciated,
Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:12 am

xuhangself wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:13 pm
Hi thaicharoens,

I have just seen your post and I am going to apply for the Tier 1 E visa from my current Tier 1 GE soon.
Could you provide me with your email if you do not mind, I would like to consult some questions.

If you can reply to me, it would be very appreciated,
Thanks,
Members are not permitted to post any form of personal contact information on the forum. Everyone here is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers trawling the forum.

I suggest start your own topic with your circumstances and questions if you want help and advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.