ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused! Scan doc or post? Spouse visa app - Karachi/London

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

balixonline
Mood:

Confused! Scan doc or post? Spouse visa app - Karachi/London

Post by balixonline » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:31 pm

Hiya,

(Application: Spouse in Karachi to join me in London/ form says; category; settlement, type: Wife - Application for UK Entry clearance)

My spouse submitted her application at VFS Karachi and had biometrics on 11 April 2019. She received an email (also confirmed at VFS facility) that we need to submit both applicants and sponsor's documents to UKVI International, PO Box 5852, Sheffield, S11 0FX (email below).

She couriered original documents to me in London. I have prepared 2 bundles (1) Original and (2) Copy to be sent to S11 0FX. In the meantime, I happen to browse the forum and saw a number of posts where applicants or sponsor sent the bundle to UKVI only to be returned to be scanned at VFS. Does anyone have further information as I can't seem to find any details on the UKVI website etc?

Wouldnt' want to waste money on sending both bundles and prepaid courier for them to simply return, which would be a waste of money, resources and time.

Anyone?

Email said;
Information for Pakistan Settlement Visa Applicants Only
All Pakistan settlement applicants. You or your representative/sponsor must send a completed application package within 2 weeks of enrolling your biometrics (not before) to UKVI International, PO Box 5852, Sheffield, S11 0FX. This should include a stamped, self-addressed envelope or prepaid return self-addressed courier envelope to return any original UK documents, GWF reference, 1 printed copy of the application form, photo and all additional supporting documents. Only valuable documents such as marriage/birth certificates will be returned to the address on the self-addressed envelope and only if you have supplied photocopies of them. We will not return documents if they have not been photocopied. Documents should be arranged in this order: Application form, Appendix2, English language evidence, Relationship documents, Maintenance and Accommodation documents. Once a decision has been made your passport will be returned to the VAC.

Imhere01
Newly Registered

Re: Confused! Scan doc or post? Spouse visa app - Karachi/London

Post by Imhere01 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 am

My husband also submitted biometrics on the 11th, my solicitor advised to scan all documents at the VFS office in London

Apparently if you send it to Sheffield, they will send the documents back

balixonline
Mood:

Post by balixonline » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm

So I took the pill and telephoned their premium line to avoid any confusion (cost me a tenner though). I have been advised that they now have a new procedure and was directed to vfs web site.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/vacs/ ... g-with-you

Now the above applies to Pakistan but I believe it would be similar case for other countries.

Having read through the details on VFS website, you will be charged £75 for uploading the documents but it is free if you had used ACCESSUK instead of VFS.

so CLUE CLUE!! use ACCESS UK people.

Hope this helps someone save some money.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello balixonline,
So which one did you use? Was that ACCESS UK?
balixonline wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm
So I took the pill and telephoned their premium line to avoid any confusion (cost me a tenner though). I have been advised that they now have a new procedure and was directed to vfs web site.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/vacs/ ... g-with-you

Now the above applies to Pakistan but I believe it would be similar case for other countries.

Having read through the details on VFS website, you will be charged £75 for uploading the documents but it is free if you had used ACCESSUK instead of VFS.

so CLUE CLUE!! use ACCESS UK people.

Hope this helps someone save some money.

balixonline
Mood:

Post by balixonline » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:40 am

Well, you can't change once you have submitted the application and since my spouse's initial application was submitted through vfs, I had to fork another £75 to be able to have my documents scanned and submitted. Still waiting for the ECO email confirmation though so let's see when it will come through.

If you choose the new system, you should be able to scan documents and submit them yourself.

Also beware, vfs try to upsell and ask for documents to be returns via courier for another £20. I don't buy into this crap, they are charging enough already for scanning.

hamakhaa

Post by hamakhaa » Mon May 06, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks for the information, did you go to submit the docs after the biometric?

balixonline
Mood:

Post by balixonline » Mon May 06, 2019 10:46 pm

yes mate, submitted application online, had biometrics done at karachi and then got documents scanned at vfs London branch at a later date.

billalahmed
Newly Registered

Post by billalahmed » Thu May 09, 2019 12:20 pm

Once the documents are scanned at the VFS centre are we expected to receive an email to say the application has been received and is under consideration?

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Thu May 09, 2019 12:29 pm

billalahmed wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:20 pm
Once the documents are scanned at the VFS centre are we expected to receive an email to say the application has been received and is under consideration?
Hello,

Majority of the time they usually send a confirmation e-mail between 3-4 weeks after the application has been submitetd. However, sometimes it can take longer. Better still, sometimes they don't send one at all and instead grant the visa instead.

balixonline
Mood:

Post by balixonline » Thu May 09, 2019 12:33 pm

I have not had any email since 18 April. I read that some applicants received an email in 2 weeks, some in 35 days etc from ECO that their application is in the process but recently some never received email and rather a response to their application. Seem like UKVI are reducing the number of correspondence etc so it is all unclear and rather we need to sit tight and wait for a response.

It sucks I know.

anonymous1999
Mood:

Post by anonymous1999 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi! My husband is having his biometrics done in Perth and I, the sponsor, am paying the £75 fee to have all the documents scanned here in the UK. My question is, do the documents need to be scanned and submitted before his biometrics appointment as my solicitor is saying that this is the new rule. It would be easier to submit them after, but she is saying otherwise. I am confused because I am reading people’s timelines and they do not seem to be submitting their supporting documents before the biometrics appointment.

balixonline
Mood:

Post by balixonline » Thu May 23, 2019 12:28 pm

apologies for the delayed response. I beg to differ about this new rule. I haven't seen or read about it anywhere as yet.

Once an applicant has submitted an online application. He or she can submit their documents whenever they can whether it be before biometric or after. I notice that most of the applicants follow (1) Online application (2) Biometric and (3) Submit documents but it is my opinion that documents can be submitted after online application before biometrics too.

Taz121
Newly Registered

Post by Taz121 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:31 pm

I completed the application form on 30th March and the email included the sheffield address. So after the biometrics (2nd April) I sent the documents to 6 Millands, Vulcan House on 10th April and according to the tracking they should have received it on 11th April. I did not receive any acknowledgement they have received the paperwork neither did they send it back.

I am very worried as I have been hearing they have changed the rules and they do the scanning system now. Not sure what to do as I have called them and they were not too helpful.

Ammar123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ammar123 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me out. At the end of the online application, is there an option to book VFS appointment so that sponsor can scan these documents? We are submitting the online application but not sure how to book the VFS appointment.

Kind regards

Ammar123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ammar123 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:56 pm

balixonline wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:46 pm
yes mate, submitted application online, had biometrics done at karachi and then got documents scanned at vfs London branch at a later date.
Hi,

how long did it take between submitting online application and biometrics and between biometrics and VFS?