ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Min salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sbalu400
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 general dependant

Post by sbalu400 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:31 am

Hi All,

Tier 2 general dependant can work in UK?are there any conditions to work dependant in UK?
Also who will pay the salary if dependant got job in uk ? employer who processed visa or employer whom working with?
Appreciate your help here.

Thanks and Regards
Balu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general dependant

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:34 am

Tier 2 general dependant can work in UK?
Yes.
Are there any conditions to work dependant in UK?
Cannot work as a Dr or dentist in training. That is the only restriction.
Also who will pay the salary if dependant got job in uk ? employer who processed visa or employer whom working with?
Obviously it will be the company the dependent works for. Their employment has nothing to do with sponsor of the main tier 2 migrant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sbalu400
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 general salary in COS

Post by sbalu400 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:19 am

Hi All,

Would be great if some one give more information about minimum salary required on COS to get Tier 2 general visa and elgiibility to apply ILR after completion of 5 years
1. Is £52K a fixed salary slab?
2. Will lower salary COS be considered at a quieter time of the year?
3. Are there chances that a IT analyst with £32k salary can get COS approved? if not what is the minimum salary required?
4. will deferred COS affect chances if another company chooses to apply for COS for a higher salary in next couple of months?

Thanks and Regards
Balu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general salary in COS

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:23 am

Kindly refrain from posting your Tier 2 queries in the Newly Arrived in UK - General How To queries (NO immigration/visa/ILR queries) sub forum, which clearly states it is NOT for immigration/visa or ILR queries. Your post has been moved to the Tier 2 sub forum and merged with your other topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:24 am

1. Not sure what you mean by 'fixed salary slab'?? The requirements for Tier 2 CoS and visa salary is different to the requirements for ILR, whatever the ILR requirements might be in 5 years time, is anyone guess.

2. What do you mean by 'lower salary CoS'??

3. What do you mean by 'deferred CoS'? You cannot have more than one CoS assigned to you at a time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sbalu400
Newly Registered
India

Post by sbalu400 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:29 am

Thanks for your reply.

1.I mean if i got salary with 32k per annum on COS ,do i get Tier 2 general visa?
2.Am i eligible to apply ILR after completion of 5 years with same salary
Appreciate your suggestions here

Regards
Balu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:32 am

1.I mean if i got salary with 32k per annum on COS ,do i get Tier 2 general visa?
What your salary must be depends on what your SOC. It has to be a minimum of £30k or what is stated in the SOC, whichever is HIGHER. Not sure why you think it is a minimum of £52k?? It has never been the minimum level. What is your SOC??
For ILR, there are different salary requirements, depending on WHEN and which YEAR you qualify for ILR. It must be the ILR stated minimum or what is stated in your SOC, whichever is HIGHER.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sbalu400
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Min salary

Post by sbalu400 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi ,

I am planing to apply Tier 2 general visa,pls let me know whats the minimum salary required to get COS .I am an experienced IT professional.Appreciate your help

Regards
Balu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:38 pm

Your post has been moved to the Tier 2 sub forum and merged (click) with your other topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Min salary

Post by CR001 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:39 pm

sbalu400 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 1:31 pm
Hi ,

I am planing to apply Tier 2 general visa,pls let me know whats the minimum salary required to get COS .I am an experienced IT professional.Appreciate your help

Regards
Balu
The advice has not changed since you asked the same question in March.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:32 am
What your salary must be depends on what your SOC. It has to be a minimum of £30k or what is stated in the SOC, whichever is HIGHER. Not sure why you think it is a minimum of £52k?? It has never been the minimum level. What is your SOC??
For ILR, there are different salary requirements, depending on WHEN and which YEAR you qualify for ILR. It must be the ILR stated minimum or what is stated in your SOC, whichever is HIGHER.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sbalu400
Newly Registered
India

Post by sbalu400 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:36 am

Hi All,
My graduation was taught in english ,i want to apply NARIC certificate for Tier 2 general visa.I can see two routes (RED and BLUE) in NARIC.org.Pls let me know which route i have to go to apply NARIC.

Regards
Balu

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:47 am

You need NARIC UKVI Red Route - English and comparable assessment. Costs about £150.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sbalu400
Newly Registered
India

Post by sbalu400 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:53 am

Thanks for your reply.

May i know how much time it will take to get the assessment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 am

Contact NARIC to find out, but usually about 10 days. English test is quicker and costs the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)