ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Route Application Help Required Please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Annonymous

Surinder Singh Route Application Help Required Please

Post by Annonymous » Mon May 06, 2019 8:50 am

Hello,

I am eligible to apply for Surinder Singh Application for my wife, can someone help me please what's the process, for example what type of documents I need, from where can I be able to download the application form, how can I be able to take the appointment for this application.

I am a British National currently living in Romania and my wife is here with me on British Spouse visa which will expire in the month of June and I've been told that I need to apply for Surinder Singh application for my wife.

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks
1st Visa Application 20 12 2013
1st Visa Refusal 05 06 2014
2nd Visa Application 20 March 2015
2nd Visa Refusal 04 06 2015
Appealed 26 06 2015
Review Deadline 11th November 2015
By the Grace of Almighty Allah Appeal Allowed On 08th July 2016

Annonymous

Re: Surinder Singh Route Application Help Required Please

Post by Annonymous » Mon May 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Hello Dear Members,

Any help is much appreciated.

Does anyone knows how long this application will take for the Surinder Singh Application.

Many thanks
Appealed 26 06 2015

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Mon May 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi
I've found this form today on the website using the following link to make a Surinder Singh Application

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -03-19.pdf

Can someone please share the experience if this form is the correct form or not?

The version of this form is 03/2019 which seems to be the latest one.

I am a British Citizen currently living in Romania for the last 9 months and my wife is a Pakistani National, she has a valid British Spouse Visa valid till June 19.

Someone has advised us that I need to apply for a Surinder Singh application for my wife.

Can someone please share their experience, how long will it take, what type of documents I've to produce both for myself and for my wife.

What's the current timeline for this application ?
I know that its a paper application and we have to post the completed application form.

Moderators or gurus please help.

Many thanks
Appealed 26 06 2015

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Mon May 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Annonymous wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:50 am
Hello,

I am eligible to apply for Surinder Singh Application for my wife, can someone help me please what's the process, for example what type of documents I need, from where can I be able to download the application form, how can I be able to take the appointment for this application.

I am a British National currently living in Romania and my wife is here with me on British Spouse visa which will expire in the month of June and I've been told that I need to apply for Surinder Singh application for my wife.

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks
Hi.

With my experience; I’m a Filipina married to a British citizen, we lived in Cyprus - I lived there since I was teenager and he lived there about the same age.

I applied for a Family Permit through Surinder Singh Route. I provided them with my passport and my husband’s passport, marriage certificate, evidences of centre of life and evidences of residence (such as utility bills, rental agreements, bank statements) etc..

I applied May 2014 and got the family permit in June 2014. It was an easy process for us as we have all the evidences they need.

Hope this will help xx

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Mon May 06, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi
Thanks a lot for your reply.

We are still residing in Romania do we need to provide them our original documents or a copy with the application?
Thanks
Appealed 26 06 2015

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Mon May 06, 2019 7:47 pm

Annonymous wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:07 pm
Hi
Thanks a lot for your reply.

We are still residing in Romania do we need to provide them our original documents or a copy with the application?
Thanks
Every papers or evidences that ties you both in Romania are very important. The evidences shows the centre of life of the British citizen, even a simply gym membership will help. As far as I can remember I sent all the originals with photo copies then they sent all the originals back after 2 or 3 weeks I think.

I will try to find the list of papers I sent in a bit.. xx

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Mon May 06, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi
Thanks a million for the prompt reply.

Can you please also check the link the home office have issued the new form if you kindly check it it would be great.

In terms of giving the original documents with the application I don’t think so that it’s possible for us as we are presently residing in Romania.

My wife has a valid British spouse visa which is valid till June 2019. We do have registered ourselves at the Romania immigration office.

We will send the copies of all the valid documents with our application.
I’m working in Romania on an inter company transfer agreement I’ve the copy of my job contract along with online payslips and we also have a rental agreement in both of our names the utilities are still under the landlord name but I’m guessing that having the tenancy contract will suffice along with the valid Romanian Visa card valid for 6 years.
Please add more details and advice.
Thanks
Appealed 26 06 2015

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Mon May 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Had a quick glance of the link you provided, it looks to me that the application form is for the residence permit/card in the UK. So that will be the wrong one. Try to google “Apply for a permit to join your EU or EEA family member in the UK.”, that’s where you need to start. So basically, applying for a FM is technically the same as applying for a visa to enter UK (if tht make sense to you?)

In regards to the evidences I sent:

Identity documents and history of UK travels
- valid passport of the applicant
- my Cyprus residence permit
- 2 passport photos
- evidence of relationship (marriage certificate)
- husband’s passport
- husband’s residence permit in Cyprus
- evidence if you been to UK before (including dates of arrival and departure), obviously the applicant don’t need this if he or she has never been in UK before, in my case I have
- list of any UK visa the applicant ever had (I showed copies of my previous visa)
- list of amy removal or deportation (none in my case)

Centre of life
- Rental agreements, utility bills, phone bills, bank statements, joint bank account statements, car insurance letters
- husband’s school papers (he studied secondary school in Cyprus), Cyprus driving license, membership of his karate class, membership of masonary in Cyprus, any evidence of involvement in the community is helpful.

Proof of husband’s exercising treaty rights (this can be working, self employed, looking for work, self sufficient or studying - with husband’s case, he is working)
- employers letter stating he works for them
- employment contracts
- copy of his badge (he is a private investigator)
- wage slips

That’s all of the documents I sent for my application. Hope this will help a little 😊

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi
Thanks a million for your prompt reply.

I think all I’ve to apply is a valid BRP card so which will allow my wife to travel with me back and forth from UK.

I did sent an email to the EU resolution Centre and have been advised to apply for the Surinder Singh application EEA spouse Residence card while we’re staying in Romania

Please find attached email reply from EU resolution centre.

We have also been advised by ukba staff at the airport to apply for an EEA spouse residence card once the current expire.
Thanks
Attachments
22A2968D-C8AF-458E-B02F-F86628ED77C7.jpeg
22A2968D-C8AF-458E-B02F-F86628ED77C7.jpeg (609.06 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
Appealed 26 06 2015

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Mon May 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Ok. I think I misunderstood the situation. Please can you tell me the actual situation you are in?

I thought you are still living in Romania and wanting to move to UK hence you will need a family permit through Surinder Singh route to enter UK. Then you can apply for residence card through Surinder Singh again. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Tue May 07, 2019 7:38 am

m
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:36 pm
Ok. I think I misunderstood the situation. Please can you tell me the actual situation you are in?

I thought you are still living in Romania and wanting to move to UK hence you will need a family permit through Surinder Singh route to enter UK. Then you can apply for residence card through Surinder Singh again. 🤦🏽‍♀️
Hi
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply again.

I think you have understood me very clearly I must thank you once again.

We (myself and my family wife + 1 Kid) are still residing in Romania, my company ask me to travel to UK often as I have transferred from UK, when I visited UK this time, by mistake I've presented my wife Romania Visa ID to the immigration officer at the airport, for that he advised us to apply for a Surinder Singh application as Romania ID was not acceptable by UK immigration authorities.
He advised us to apply for another BRP card under Surinder Singh route and that BRP card is called Spouse of an EEA citizen and that's why I wanted to apply for Surinder Singh route.
Also I've a question regarding the list of documents below from your message, I can only send the copies not the originals along with my application do you think is it acceptable as they have not mentioned anywhere that they will not take copies for the visa application.

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies.
Appealed 26 06 2015

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue May 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Are you planning to move here in England permanently? Because if not, I don’t see the point of applying for residence card?

I will tell you a short history of my travels and you can tell me if we have a similarity in situation.

Me and my husband lived in Cyprus for many years, we met there and got married in there. His company sent him to UK for work and for us to come here we were advised to apply for EEA family permit through Surinder Singh route (British citizen who exercised treaty rights in another EEA country). We then moved to UK using the EEA permit, after few months I then apply for residency card through Surinder Singh. So basically I have a residency card because we are living here now permanently.

Is that what your plans are? Or are you just wanting to apply so you and your wife can come in and out of UK? Cause if that’s the case, you don’t need ro apply for residence card I believe xxx

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Tue May 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi
Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

Out of the blue I received a phone call today from the EU resolution centre they’ve asked my address in the uk so that they can send me the right application form to make Surinder Singh application she further told me that it comprises of 65 pages and it’s not available to download as it’s a paper application.

To be honest I don’t know when I’ve to go back to uk and that’s where we want to live all I want is my wife don’t have to face any more hurdles because of this so called visa problems please read my signature it took almost 5 years for my wife to get the uk visa which will expire soon and now I’ve a 1 year old son I simply can’t afford to have visa problems.
We do want to keep our roots in the uk.
I’ll take more assistance from you once I’ll receive the visa application form.
Thanks
Appealed 26 06 2015

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue May 07, 2019 8:18 pm

If that’s the case then I don’t think you should apply for residence card. Did you explain to the EU resolution about your situation??

If your plan is to use the EEA family permit to visit UK then do that, you can apply for FM through Surinder Singh route. It’s free and a very quick process. If you decide to continue living here then that’s the right time to apply for residence card.

My question is? Why do you want to apply for EEA FM through Surinder Singh? Is it mainly for “visa” to enter UK multiple times?

Sorry, it’s just your situation is not very clear to me. xx

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Tue May 07, 2019 8:36 pm

[*My question is? Why do you want to apply for EEA FM through Surinder Singh? Is it mainly for “visa” to enter UK multiple times? ] yes exactly that’s what I wanted do.

I don’t exactly know the difference between Surinder Singh EEA fm or just Surinder Singh application

We’re no longer living in the uk till my company transfers me back to uk as I’m living in Romania because of my work.

I think Surinder Singh is the only visa or biometric card which enables my wife to travel to and back from uk with us.

Apologies for my poor explanations.

Appealed 26 06 2015

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Annonymous wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:36 pm
[*My question is? Why do you want to apply for EEA FM through Surinder Singh? Is it mainly for “visa” to enter UK multiple times? ] yes exactly that’s what I wanted do.

I don’t exactly know the difference between Surinder Singh EEA fm or just Surinder Singh application

We’re no longer living in the uk till my company transfers me back to uk as I’m living in Romania because of my work.

I think Surinder Singh is the only visa or biometric card which enables my wife to travel to and back from uk with us.

Apologies for my poor explanations.

There is only ONE Surinder Singh route, not two as you state above.

The Surinder Singh route is for a British citizen who has been exercising treaty rights in another EU state and is now returning to live in the UK with their non EU spouse who has been living in the other EU state with the British citizen and has evidence of moving the centre of their life to the EU state.

Surinder Singh is not a 'visiting' the UK process.

Does your spouse hold and Article 10 Residence card in Romania?? If yes, she is free to travel in and out of the UK with the card.

eea-route-applications/bbc-explains-sur ... 38469.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.