ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by hrak1978 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:18 am

@askmeplz82

Many thanks for the detailed email.

Sorry to be pain, one humble request.

Can u upload the covering letter after deleting the personal details. I will be very grateful.

Please if you can?

Many thanks.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:25 pm

@askmeplz82

Please @askmeplz82 can u help me with covering letter. Please.

I have gathered all the documents and need to write down covering letter. I will apply tomorrow if u can help me. Please help me with this, i will be very thankful.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Many thanks
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:20 am

it's a basic cover letter ...
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 04.15.14.png
Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 04.15.14.png (255.98 KiB) Viewed 2238 times
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

RAW88
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by RAW88 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:15 am

Hi guys my timeline

Applied 30/03/19
Biometrics 09/04/19
Coa 11/04/19
Decision pre settled status

I have applied for settled status knowing that my five years will be completed this year july, thought home office might consider my application as only the difference is two months.called homeoffice about week ago to have some updates, homeoffice told me because you still got two more months to complete your 5 year time span thats why your application is pending and if your happy to proceed will your pre settled status than case worker might speed up things for you and after two months you can again apply for settled status. I agreed on this and with in one week of calling them i got my decision. The point of telling this story is one of the reasons why applications are taking long is because we might not be applying for in the proper category of this scheme.
Thanks
Best of luck with your applications
Chao

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:21 am

@askmeplz82

You are great.

Many thanks for uploading the letter.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:06 am

@Osafidence

Did you get your EU Settled status card?

FKM1
Newly Registered

Post by FKM1 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:33 am

Updated my case.

Applied on the 30th of March

Biometrics done the the 30th of March

Biometrics received on the 2nd of April

COA confirmed on the 8th of April

Settlement statue confirmed by email on the 5th of May

ILR card just arrived today: 10 years ILR.

My non biometric card expired on the 30 of April 2019, so i called them and complained that more than a month and have not yet heard any update. I also said I do travel lots due to my work environment, which is very true, and it will affect my career and income situation. I also said my case is very straight forward, more than 5 years living in the UK together with my EU wife in the same address and we both have been fully active, both came to the UK and myself got previous EU family permit visa and residence card. Therefore I demanded the lady over the phone to escalate my case and she agreed to escalate it and transfer it over to a senior caseworker, that was last Friday, 3rd of May and on the 5th I got the confirmation statue outcome.

good luck to all of you

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Gentlemen

I am trying to apply online as non eea family member.

First question i am selecting no and it is saying to scan BRC but i dont have it. I got RC sticker 5 years on passport. Should i scan that one?

Please advise?
Attachments
20190507_220719.jpg
20190507_220719.jpg (224.19 KiB) Viewed 2122 times

amralialla100216
Lithuania

Post by amralialla100216 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:14 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:09 pm
Gentlemen

I am trying to apply online as non eea family member.

First question i am selecting no and it is saying to scan BRC but i dont have it. I got RC sticker 5 years on passport. Should i scan that one?

Please advise?
You should apply throw the website not the app.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:29 am

How to apply through website? Do you have any link or instructions?

Please advise anyone

Osafidence
inactive

Post by Osafidence » Wed May 08, 2019 2:41 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:06 am
@Osafidence

Did you get your EU Settled status card?

I tried loading the card but keeps saying file too large
Recieved today at DX collection depot
Top says Residence Card
Your name prince Williams
Valid until 30/04/2029
Place and date of issue UK 30/04/2019
Type of permit Eu scheme settlement
Remarks work permitted
Indefinite leave to remain

At the back of the card

Date and place of birth
Heaven 00/00/00
Sex M
Nationality
African
Remarks.. empty they didn't write any things

Peace of mind...... another battle in 12 months time for Naturalisation. But 4 now let me now walk around with my 2 legs. I pray everyone get sorted with peace of mind 🙏

Haystacker1
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Haystacker1 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:44 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:19 am
hrak1978 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:17 pm
@askmeplz82

Couple of questions:

Most likely i will apply on wednesday. You stated that you uploaded 10 documents (6 council tax, 3 birth certificate, 1 expired RC card)

Your RC was expired in 2015? But you submitted council tax documents from 2013 to 2019?

And online system does not allow more than 10 documents? Please advise.

Documents i uploaded online.....

- my expired RC from 2015
- My marriage certificate
- EEA sponsor letter from Tax office from 2014 just for national insurance
- a cover letter
- photocopy of EU sponsor national ID

system checked my national insurance number when i started the application online and it showed i am eligible for settled status so i didn't upload anything to prove my 5 years residency.

NEW COA
As everyone knows, all EU/EEA citizens, their immediate and extended family and dependants resident in the UK have to apply for EU settlement status before the December 2020 in other to still have the right to continue to live in the UK

I applied 2 days ago, the 5th of May, for pre-settled/settled status. I'm the unmarried, non EU partner of an EU citizen, I successfully applied and received a biometric resident card in that regard in December 2018. My EU partner decided to to apply for EU settlement in February this year using the 'EU Exit: ID Check' app(she paid £65 which she has since been refunded). She scanned the chip on her passport and answered the application questions. She got her COA straightaway by Email and was granted pre-settled status within 3 hours of the application, also via email.

Two days ago, I downloaded the app and began my own application. When the app starts, the first question it asks is if you are an EEA/EU citizen. If you answer no, as I did, the app tells you that you can only apply with your biometric resident card(but if you answer yes to being an EU/EEA citizen, the app allows you the choice of using your EU passport or ID for the application). After that, the app asks you to take a picture of the front of your BRC. What I didn't know is that the app detects and takes a picture of the BRC on its own. So while I was hovering over my BRC trying to get a good shot, the app took the picture and it wasn't a good one. I started all over again and this time got a much better picture

Next, the app wanted me to take a picture of my face, the app will actually ask if one is happy with the picture. If you are not happy, you can choose to cancel and take another. I did 3 times to get a picture I was happy with. The last and tricky part of the app is to scan the chip on the BRC. I did this 3 times and it did not detect the chip. That's when the app told me that if it could not detect a chip, I could continue with the application, but I would have to send my BRC and passport to the home office. Then an idea occured to me. All this time, I was moving my phone all across the BRC trying to get it to read the chip, why not put the phone camera lens directly on top of the visible chip? It is when I did this that the app finally read the chip

After that, the app told me I could choose to save my application and come back to it on the home office website or continue. I continued and that when it took me to the questions about my national insurance number and I was told that I was being considered for 'settled status' which I thought was odd as I just had my BRC for less than 6 months, although I had been living over 12 years in the UK, illegally.

I was also asked if I had ever been convicted of a crime, my mail address and phone number. I had to verify my email through a link they sent me. I dont remember if I was asked to 'link' my application to my partners but I was asked to upload up to 10 pieces of evidence to prove my relationship to my partner/ EU sponsor. This I was not expecting. I had to go looking for some of the documents I had used in my application for BRC last year. I uploaded my partners ID, Birth certificate of our child, both our driving licence as proof of address, a few pictures of both of us and child. They did say on the website that if they require more evidence, they would contact me. After uploading the documents, I was asked if I wanted to submit and I clicked yes. I checked my Email after this and I has been sent a COA pretty much like the one you got. So now it's all about waiting.

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:12 pm

ANYONE HERE BRP( no brc) HOLDER GET PRE SETTLEMENT OR SS and used brp card as proof of Id

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:53 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:29 am
How to apply through website? Do you have any link or instructions?

Please advise anyone
You can't apply via APP

you have to apply via ONLINE

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status

You have to upload few documents / your pictures / passport page all online

then if you included national insurance system will tell you if you can settled or pre settled

then system will direct you to book an appointment for BIOMETRICS. it's step by step. you just follow what is in the screen

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:38 pm

@Osafidence

You are star, bless you and GSOH regarding explaining details on the card.

Remember us in your pray.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:39 pm

@askmeplz82

Many thanks. You are great.

Bless u.

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:12 pm
ANYONE HERE BRP( no brc) HOLDER GET PRE SETTLEMENT OR Surinder Singh route and used brp card as proof of Id
So this might help all BRP (NOT BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE CARD) card holders. I have called the resolution centre again today and finally spoke to someone who seems to know what is happening. It turns out if you are a BRP card holder you were not meant to link the BRP or enter it's number as part of your application. You were meant to just apply with your passport then get asked to go for biometrics etc. So I applied on 31.03.19 and until today I have not received a CoA or anything. On the numerous times I called the resolution centre I was told that everything is fine and I didn't need to get biometrics done and that I would get my decision soon. Weekly I have been told to wait until next week. So anyway, I linked my application to my BRP and it turns out the case workers are yet to decide how they will handle my application. I asked if I can go for biometrics now and was told its too late I have to wait for the case workers to decide first what they will do with my case and similar ones and then I will get a response but they can't say when that will be and I will just have to wait.

So to anyone with a BRP that is yet to apply use your passport only and then go for biometrics

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:06 pm

Hayley01 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:52 pm
Sky777 wrote:
ANYONE HERE BRP( no brc) HOLDER GET PRE SETTLEMENT OR Surinder Singh route and used brp card as proof of Id
So this might help all BRP (NOT BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE CARD) card holders. I have called the resolution centre again today and finally spoke to someone who seems to know what is happening. It turns out if you are a BRP card holder you were not meant to link the BRP or enter it's number as part of your application. You were meant to just apply with your passport then get asked to go for biometrics etc. So I applied on 31.03.19 and until today I have not received a CoA or anything. On the numerous times I called the resolution centre I was told that everything is fine and I didn't need to get biometrics done and that I would get my decision soon. Weekly I have been told to wait until next week. So anyway, I linked my application to my BRP and it turns out the case workers are yet to decide how they will handle my application. I asked if I can go for biometrics now and was told its too late I have to wait for the case workers to decide first what they will do with my case and similar ones and then I will get a response but they can't say when that will be and I will just have to wait.

So to anyone with a BRP that is yet to apply use your passport only and then go for biometrics

Hi,

I was told the opposite. The EU resolution centre told me by email and by phone that I can use the BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) Card. Even by phone the lady told me I can select the option UK residence card with biometric chip!

What's really confusing is that HOW CAN THEY SAY ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT WE CAN SEND OUR BRP BY POST AND USE IT IN OUR APPLICATION AND THEN WHEN WE TRY TO APPLY ONLINE...YOU DON'T FIND A THIRD OPTION THAT SAYS BRP (ONLY PASSPORT AND UK RESIDENCE CARD WITH BIOMETRIC CHIP)

I am sure there is not an answer for this. Each person is saying something different which clearly shows how family members with BRP are ignored

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Ajay8 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:06 pm
Hayley01 wrote:
Sky777 wrote:

Hi,

I was told the opposite. The EU resolution centre told me by email and by phone that I can use the BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) Card. Even by phone the lady told me I can select the option UK residence card with biometric chip!

What's really confusing is that HOW CAN THEY SAY ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT WE CAN SEND OUR BRP BY POST AND USE IT IN OUR APPLICATION AND THEN WHEN WE TRY TO APPLY ONLINE...YOU DON'T FIND A THIRD OPTION THAT SAYS BRP (ONLY PASSPORT AND UK RESIDENCE CARD WITH BIOMETRIC CHIP)

I am sure there is not an answer for this. Each person is saying something different which clearly shows how family members with BRP are ignored
Hi
My wife applied with Brp card
She send card on 3.4.19
Recived card 20.4.19
Since then nothing no coa nothing
We start calling them HO
And them keep telling applying with brp card is ok
So seriously why is taken them so long
Today we been told everything is ok we on stage 1 of application ???
How many stages this process has
I told them brp card soon expire so hopefully we get answer they say for sure we get Hmmmmmm
Why atleast them not sending coa or any other mail
What next

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:28 pm

Something is not right with the way applications are being handled for BRP holders. But this was to be expected given that if you had a BRP you couldn't take part in the initial trial phase of the scheme, you had to wait until it opened. Strangely their own guidance says you can use a BRP or BRC (once the scheme opens). In summary no one knows what to do with us. To be told to 'just wait' for a month? Six months? A year? Atleast if they were clear how long the waiting time will be, but each person you speak to has a different answer and some are still telling us everything is okay when it's not. My husband and daughter got their status a day and three days after applying. The whole point of linking applications was so that they are considered together, this is certainly not the case

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:46 pm

What really gets me is that we cannot use the mobile app (although brp has a bio chip) and if we have a brp we cannot use it (based on what Hayley said above). But to me they told me by phone and by email I can use my brp. WHY ARE THEY TELLING PEOPLE DIFFERENT INFORMATION?

I called them last week and the guy from the resolution center told me that verifying the ID (BRP, passport, BRC, etc...) takes 2 weeks max and they will send it back. According to him, the entire process (verifying ID and processing application) takes 4 to 5 weeks to make a decision if we applied online.

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:23 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 5:18 pm
Ajay8 wrote:
Hayley01 wrote:
Sky777 wrote:

Hi,

Hi
She send card on 3.4.19
Recived card 20.4.19
We start calling them HO
I told them brp card soon expire so hopefully we get answer they say for sure we get Hmmmmmm
What next
Hi Sky,

Can you please remind me what is COA? I am kind of new to this. Also, in my opinion which hopefully it will make you feel better is that since they have returned the BRP card to you/wife, then it means they have verified your identity and they started processing your application (which could take round 2 to 3 weeks according to 'EU settlement scheme processing time' website).

I am guessing since your wife identify has been verified with a BRP, then the stage of which document to provide is finished and now your are in the processing application stage which I am guessing should be the final stage

Sky777

Post by Sky777 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Ajay8 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:23 pm
Sky777 wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:
Hayley01 wrote:

Hi,

Hi
She send card on 3.4.19
Recived card 20.4.19
We start calling them HO
What next
Hi Sky,

Can you please remind me what is COA? I am kind of new to this. Also, in my opinion which hopefully it will make you feel better is that since they have returned the BRP card to you/wife, then it means they have verified your identity and they started processing your application (which could take round 2 to 3 weeks according to 'EU settlement scheme processing time' website).

I am guessing since your wife identify has been verified with a BRP, then the stage of which document to provide is finished and now your are in the processing application stage which I am guessing should be the final stage
Hi
Coa is mail like confirmation of application which HO send after u submit application
Which we never recived but HO said it is everything ok
Basically since we get brp card back 12 working days goone so far hmmmmm
How many more none knows

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:58 pm

This is COA
Attachments
B7C51A15-A469-4E91-A848-ED5E654CC232.jpeg
B7C51A15-A469-4E91-A848-ED5E654CC232.jpeg (270.27 KiB) Viewed 2556 times

Ajay8
Newly Registered
Samoa

Post by Ajay8 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Sky777 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:47 pm
Ajay8 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:23 pm
Sky777 wrote:
Ajay8 wrote:

Hi,

Hi
She send card on 3.4.19
Recived card 20.4.19
We start calling them HO
What next
Hi Sky,

Hi
Coa is mail like confirmation of application which HO send after u submit application
Which we never recived but HO said it is everything ok
Basically since we get brp card back 12 working days goone so far hmmmmm
How many more none knows

Hi again,

Yes it's been 12 working days. Which means probably you will receive the outcome of the application by the end of next week. I do not think the application will last until July...that's impossible. You will know way before that time which most probably this month