ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by Martin2421 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:56 pm

skasyap wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm
Martin2421 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:08 am
skasyap wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:03 pm
skasyap wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Not yet but settled status email says it will arrive in next 7 working days.
Settled status granted on 28th and revived biometric residence card on 1st of May.
Congratulations Skasyap

Just a quick one I believe you applied a month prior (4 years 11month) from your eligibility time. Did they give you an option to select settled status/Pre or you got the decision later post submission?

Thanks in advance
Martin
Hi Martin

1) When I made an online application, I was considered for settled status and received acknowledgment email.

2) HO sent a COA via email saying I will have my decision soon.

3) HO sent another email regarding status outcome.

Till here no physical document was posted in mail.

4)Received bio metric in post - signed delivery but not Royal Mail.

My 5 years residence card was about to expire on 2nd of May this year, but got settled status date as 28th of April (this means I will be eligible for British Citizenship after 28th of April 2020) and not the date I made my application 5th of April.
In my wife case who is an EU national, and also granted settled status, HO stated her settled status date as date when she made the application 4th of April. I think just for 4 days left on my residence card to qualify 5 years was not an issue for HO.

But again we lived together for more than 8 years on a same address. I have seen people have posted here different things but trust me in the end it’s HO who will decide which status you should be granted by considering different factors and not just rely on what you were told online when you made an application.
So I would emphasise that people here are sharing their experiences which we don’t know how good their past visa/residence history is but only home office.

Make an application and provide what HO ask you to provide and you will be fine and given status which meets their criteria.

Good luck!!
Thanks Skasyap for taking out time and replying

So when application is made it provides what status am Individual will be considered for ? If yes is it straight after application is submitted ?

Sorry for for being a pain

Regards
Martin

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by Amirkhan042 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:35 am

Martin2421 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 pm
Amirkhan042 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm
kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am
I'd like to build a picture of how Settled and Pre-Settled status criteria is applied to non-EU family members of EU citizens. There has been a lot of speculation in different topics, regarding maximum waiting time, and what exactly counts towards the 5 years to be granted Settled Status.

Could any non-EU people having gone through the Settled Status application please share their outcome and circumstances as below?

For example, mine are:

Years in UK: 9.5
Years on EEA RC/FP: 3
Applied: 21.01.2019
Status offered: Settled
Outcome: Still waiting
Date of outcome: Still waiting
Me (non EU husband) and my wife (eu Wife) just applied last night 18.02.19
she is here 4.6 years and i have selected pre settle status for which she got it next morning pre settled status with COA straight away via Email.
i have selected settled status as i am here since 2011 though we meet when she came for me to uk and we were in distance relation for more the 5 years anyway we got married in october 2015 and i have got my RC in dec 2015..i have got COA straight away via email....
NOWWWWW i am waiting for the decision.... i have no idea how long it gonna take and what status they will offer me pre or settle have no idea... ideally pre settled as i think about RC issue date in 2015...
anyone with same situation or any news having same situation please? thank for reading
Hi Amir,

Have you heard back from HO yet?

thanks
Martin
Hi Martin,
Yes I have received call from home office saying that I am not eligible for settle status so we offer you pre settle status and I have accepted their settle status next hour!

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Sat May 04, 2019 2:28 pm

Martin2421 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 5:56 pm
skasyap wrote:
Martin2421 wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Settled status granted on 28th and revived biometric residence card on 1st of May.
Congratulations Skasyap

Just a quick one I believe you applied a month prior (4 years 11month) from your eligibility time. Did they give you an option to select settled status/Pre or you got the decision later post submission?

Thanks in advance
Martin
Hi Martin

1) When I made an online application, I was considered for settled status and received acknowledgment email.

My 5 years residence card was about to expire on 2nd of May this year, but got settled status date as 28th of April (this means I will be eligible for British Citizenship after 28th of April 2020) and not the date I made my application 5th of April.
In my wife case who is an EU national, and also granted settled status, HO stated her settled status date as date when she made the application 4th of April. I think just for 4 days left on my residence card to qualify 5 years was not an issue for HO.

But again we lived together for more than 8 years on a same address. I have seen people have posted here different things but trust me in the end it’s HO who will decide which status you should be granted by considering different factors and not just rely on what you were told online when you made an application.
So I would emphasise that people here are sharing their experiences which we don’t know how good their past visa/residence history is but only home office.

Make an application and provide what HO ask you to provide and you will be fine and given status which meets their criteria.

Good luck!!

So when application is made it provides what status am Individual will be considered for ? If yes is it straight after application is submitted ?

Regards
Martin
Hey it is absolutely fine as I was confused and worried just like you until I got my status so feel free to ask any questions you may want to ask.

During the online application process it will ask you to provide your NI number and within seconds you will see on the talk to which will state something like “you will be considered for xyz status”.

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Post by Martin2421 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:30 pm

skasyap wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:28 pm
Martin2421 wrote:
skasyap wrote:
Martin2421 wrote:

Congratulations Skasyap

Thanks in advance
Martin
Hi Martin

Good luck!!

Regards
Martin
Hey it is absolutely fine as I was confused and worried just like you until I got my status so feel free to ask any questions you may want to ask.

During the online application process it will ask you to provide your NI number and within seconds you will see on the talk to which will state something like “you will be considered for xyz status”.
Oh right thanks a lot Skasyap

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Post by Martin2421 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:35 am
Martin2421 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 pm
Amirkhan042 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm
kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am
I'd like to build a picture of how Settled and Pre-Settled status criteria is applied to non-EU family members of EU citizens. There has been a lot of speculation in different topics, regarding maximum waiting time, and what exactly counts towards the 5 years to be granted Settled Status.

Could any non-EU people having gone through the Settled Status application please share their outcome and circumstances as below?

For example, mine are:

Years in UK: 9.5
Years on EEA RC/FP: 3
Applied: 21.01.2019
Status offered: Settled
Outcome: Still waiting
Date of outcome: Still waiting
Me (non EU husband) and my wife (eu Wife) just applied last night 18.02.19
she is here 4.6 years and i have selected pre settle status for which she got it next morning pre settled status with COA straight away via Email.
i have selected settled status as i am here since 2011 though we meet when she came for me to uk and we were in distance relation for more the 5 years anyway we got married in october 2015 and i have got my RC in dec 2015..i have got COA straight away via email....
NOWWWWW i am waiting for the decision.... i have no idea how long it gonna take and what status they will offer me pre or settle have no idea... ideally pre settled as i think about RC issue date in 2015...
anyone with same situation or any news having same situation please? thank for reading
Hi Amir,

Have you heard back from HO yet?

thanks
Martin
Hi Martin,
Yes I have received call from home office saying that I am not eligible for settle status so we offer you pre settle status and I have accepted their settle status next hour!
Hi Amir

Congrats and thanks for posting the update

Thanks
Martin

FKM1
Newly Registered

Post by FKM1 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:34 am

Updated my case.

Applied on the 30th of March

Biometrics done the the 30th of March

Biometrics received on the 2nd of April

COA confirmed on the 8th of April

Settlement statue confirmed by email on the 5th of May

ILR card just arrived today: 10 years ILR.

My non biometric card expired on the 30 of April 2019, so i called them and complained that more than a month and have not yet heard any update. I also said I do travel lots due to my work environment, which is very true, and it will affect my career and income situation. I also said my case is very straight forward, more than 5 years living in the UK together with my EU wife in the same address and we both have been fully active, both came to the UK and myself got previous EU family permit visa and residence card. Therefore I demanded the lady over the phone to escalate my case and she agreed to escalate it and transfer it over to a senior caseworker, that was last Friday, 3rd of May and on the 5th I got the confirmation statue outcome.

good luck to all of you

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Tue May 07, 2019 4:49 pm

skasyap wrote:
skasyap wrote:
PAPI wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:26 pm
skasyap wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:43 pm
Update as of 28th of April:
My wife EU national - sent her id in a post on 8th of April.
Received by HO - On 9th of April
Me as a Non EU- only uploaded marriage certificate and residence card sticker on my passport on 4th of April when submitted application.
Biometric requirement - appointment booked for 12 th of April due to no other free services before.
Biometric completed - on 12 th of April.
Non EU COA received : 25th of April
Decision: Settled status granted on 28th of April.

EU national :
ID card received: 23rd of April
COA received : 26th April
Decision: Settled status granted on 26th of April
Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations skasyap !!!
Did you received a settled status physical document?
Well done mate!

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Wed May 08, 2019 7:08 pm

PAPI wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:49 pm
skasyap wrote:
skasyap wrote:
PAPI wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Congratulations skasyap !!!
Did you received a settled status physical document?
Well done mate!
Skasyap how much did you pay for you biometrics?

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Wed May 08, 2019 8:37 pm

PAPI wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:08 pm
PAPI wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:49 pm
skasyap wrote:
skasyap wrote:

Well done mate!
Skasyap how much did you pay for you biometrics?
Zero :)

When I was looking for bio metrics appointment, I found few of the free ones after 7 days and they were free around 10 or 1. So my advise don’t pay and just look when is free appointment available. If not in one town then look for other which is obviously close to your house.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:04 pm

I paid £100 for same day appointment in Croydon, London
but if you look at 1am in the night you may find free appointment
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Post by Martin2421 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:42 pm

FKM1 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:34 am
Updated my case.

My non biometric card expired on the 30 of April 2019, so i called them and complained that more than a month and have not yet heard any update. I also said I do travel lots due to my work environment, which is very true, and it will affect my career and income situation. I also said my case is very straight forward, more than 5 years living in the UK together with my EU wife in the same address and we both have been fully active, both came to the UK and myself got previous EU family permit visa and residence card. Therefore I demanded the lady over the phone to escalate my case and she agreed to escalate it and transfer it over to a senior caseworker, that was last Friday, 3rd of May and on the 5th I got the confirmation statue outcome.

good luck to all of you
Hi FKMI

Did you have send your passport ? Also can a person travel whilst the application is under process ?

Thanks
Martin

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 am
If and when I hear anything regarding my application, obviously the very thing I'll do next is post it here.
After exactly 16 weeks from application, yesterday I received a phone call from the Home Office displaying "Private Number". I never answer these kind of calls, so let it go to voicemail. The message said it was regarding my application for the Settlement Scheme, and to please call their resolution center (to the same 0300 number given on the Settlement Scheme web page). It was around 11 AM when I called back, and their welcome voice message said it was a very busy time and if I did not want to wait for a long time, to please call again later.

The resolution center number is a 0300 number, which is not free. I thought... since my previous email communications with the HO have been quite easy and straightforward using their online contact form, I just used that instead of calling back again. I wrote them and said I had received a call, but was unable to take it, and that I was happy to conduct this communication via electronic form, and to please advise how could I be of help, it there was anything else required of me to reach a decision on my case.

That was yesterday, I am awaiting for a reply. I obviously don't expect anything different from the usual: "You are not eligible for Settled Status, we can offer you Pre-Settled Status", which I will accept, not without first letting them know I think it's a waste of time that they call, and make me call back!

Will keep you posted.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Post by Martin2421 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:39 pm

skasyap wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:28 pm
Martin2421 wrote:
skasyap wrote:
Martin2421 wrote:

Congratulations Skasyap

Thanks in advance
Martin
Hi Martin

Good luck!!

Regards
Martin

Hey Skasyap

Did you have to send your passport or can a person travel while application in in process ?

Thanks
Martin

FKM1
Newly Registered

Post by FKM1 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Martin2421 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:42 pm
FKM1 wrote:
Updated my case.

good luck to all of you
Hi FKMI

Did you have send your passport ? Also can a person travel whilst the application is under process ?

Thanks
Martin

Hi Martin, No I did not send my passport, because I took it with me when i did the bimetallic and they scanned it and uploaded with my biometric.

Well in my case I can not or hard for me to travel when my residence card expired. Also my passport required me to apply for a visa to come to the UK or have a residency visa/card.

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:52 am

Hi All!
I have recently receive my pre settle status and I am married with eu spouse for more then 3 and half years.. my main concern is we are in really bad situations! I am mocked and humiliated almost everyday in short we are not happy at all! What will happen to my case in case if divorce take place?
Please guide me how will it affect my RC card (issued in 2015) and pre settled status which is vilid till 2024. (Please Remember I am a non eu)
Do I have to inform UKBA? Do I have to apply for ROR or do I have to wait 17 months to complete my 5 years and then I have to apply for settled status?
Will be really appreciated! Thanks once again for taking time to read and response! I know it’s to early to ask something really new like this case but still I can see here very good experts!

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:29 am

Do I have to inform UKBA? Do I have to apply for ROR or do I have to wait 17 months to complete my 5 years and then I have to apply for settled status?

If you are separated now only you are still a EU family member. If you are divorced then you are no longer EU family member so you need to contact Home Office and let them know.

Do I have to apply for ROR or do I have to wait 17 months to complete my 5 years ? According to Home Office representative yes you have to send another pre settlement scheme application but few people in here on this forum saying you don't have to . Best thing is you can ask EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME by EMAIL. so you have some sort of proof .

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Sun May 19, 2019 7:44 pm

arya_uk wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am
Thank you Kamoe, I think this would give a good picture of the overall scenario carrying from the previous discussion between you and David.

EU and Non-EU pre-settled status and timeline

EU National - 3 years 2 months
Non-EU (Spouse and child) - 3 years 2 mths
Applied - 6th Feb 2019 @ 6.30 PM
EU Pre - settled status confirmed on 7th Feb @10.00 AM
Non-EU Pre-settled confirmed - 7th Feb @ 2.30 PM
Non-EU child confirmed 8th Feb @ 10.00 AM
while applying we were confirmed for pre-settled status, granted as per the residence.
Hi thanks for information can you please tell me did home office sent you biomatric card for non eu applicant. thanks

hardeepsingh09

Post by hardeepsingh09 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:01 pm

SETTLED STATUS APPLICATION VIA EU CHECK ID APP
Non-EEA National with ROR

Application sent via APP/ONLINE using BRP CARD from ROR:17-04-2019
Payment taken: No Fee
Confirmation email: Immediately 17-04-2019
Certificate of application Received:17-04-2019 (pdf attached with email)
Passport received: not been asked to sent any yet
Supporting Documents: not been asked to sent any yet
PR received: Received email 16/05/2019 confirming my ILR.
Very very happy. :D good luck to all who are waiting.

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Post by Martin2421 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:41 pm

FKM1 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:33 pm
Martin2421 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:42 pm
FKM1 wrote:
Updated my case.

good luck to all of you
Hi FKMI

Thanks
Martin

Hi Martin, No I did not send my passport, because I took it with me when i did the bimetallic and they scanned it and uploaded with my biometric.

Well in my case I can not or hard for me to travel when my residence card expired. Also my passport required me to apply for a visa to come to the UK or have a residency visa/card.
Thanks FMI

Did you get the biometric appointment easily as I can see all the places are fully booked none of the centres show any space except premium lounge which is way expensive.
Any suggestions please ?
Thanks
Martin

ranitoniolli
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by ranitoniolli » Thu May 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Hello

My family permit is going to expire on August, I am applying for a pre settlement status, my question is, will I still be a ken to work after that? Will I receive any card or visa on my passport? I am kind of worried on how it is going to work, my wife has the settlement status approved already.

I am more concerned on having a card or a visa on my passport that will grant me right to work and stay in UK after my family permit expires on August.

Please help me

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:49 am

ranitoniolli wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:54 pm
Hello

My family permit is going to expire on August, I am applying for a pre settlement status, my question is, will I still be a ken to work after that?Yes Will I receive any card or visa on my passport?Yes if you don't have any biometric card yetI am kind of worried on how it is going to work, my wife has the settlement status approved already.

I am more concerned on having a card or a visa on my passport that will grant me right to work you will get a card that gives you all those rights and stay in UK after my family permit expires on August.

Please help me

PAPI
Newly Registered

Post by PAPI » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:58 pm

ranitoniolli wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:54 pm
Hello

My family permit is going to expire on August, I am applying for a pre settlement status, my question is, will I still be a ken to work after that?

👉Yes

Will I receive any card or visa on my passport?

👉Yes you will get a BRC if you don't have one yet

I am kind of worried on how it is going to work, my wife has the settlement status approved already.

I am more concerned on having a card or a visa on my passport that will grant me right to work and stay in UK after my family permit expires on August.

👉You will have a card that give you all those rights

Please help me

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:18 am

will I still be a ken to work after that? Yes you can work. Home Office will issue a COA letter and you can show that letter to your employer and your employer then can ask home office ( if they want )

Will I receive any card or visa on my passport? If your card is expired they will send you another one after application is approved. You can also check your immigration status online . Your employer also can check your immigration status online

ali2020
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by ali2020 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:15 am

Hi.i am non eea family member,living in uk for more than 10 years.always working never had any benefit.
I had two residence card .the on going residence card will finish soon..
I applied for settled status in April 2019
My Eu partner doesn't want to apply and she is not going to give me her I'd if they ask for.
I sent them the marriage certificate and the 5 years residency proof.
Will they ask me for her ID if I have residence card on her name?
If they ask for what I can do?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 am

kamoe wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am
kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:20 am
If and when I hear anything regarding my application, obviously the very thing I'll do next is post it here.
After exactly 16 weeks from application, yesterday I received a phone call from the Home Office displaying "Private Number". I never answer these kind of calls, so let it go to voicemail. The message said it was regarding my application for the Settlement Scheme, and to please call their resolution center (to the same 0300 number given on the Settlement Scheme web page). It was around 11 AM when I called back, and their welcome voice message said it was a very busy time and if I did not want to wait for a long time, to please call again later.

The resolution center number is a 0300 number, which is not free. I thought... since my previous email communications with the HO have been quite easy and straightforward using their online contact form, I just used that instead of calling back again. I wrote them and said I had received a call, but was unable to take it, and that I was happy to conduct this communication via electronic form, and to please advise how could I be of help, it there was anything else required of me to reach a decision on my case.

That was yesterday, I am awaiting for a reply. I obviously don't expect anything different from the usual: "You are not eligible for Settled Status, we can offer you Pre-Settled Status", which I will accept, not without first letting them know I think it's a waste of time that they call, and make me call back!

Will keep you posted.
Hi everyone. My application is officially on hold after calling back the resolution centre and verbally agreeing to only be considered for Pre-Settled Status. See full update here.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.