ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-eu citizen applying for settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Help: RESIDENCE CARD

Post by Ugosonic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 pm

I am applying for a residence card as a NON EEA national , all other documents are complete but the problem is my sponsor which is an EEA national doesn't have a permanent job. He had one before that stopped middle of march 2019 and even where he is working now is just a temporary place that he just started last week so no evidence that he has been working with them. What is the possibility of getting that residence card. My family permit will expire May 2019. I have been dependent on him even before I came to UK and even in UK. Am not working yet. What am I to do? Please advice

kingmashosho
Newly Registered

Re: Help: RESIDENCE CARD

Post by kingmashosho » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:49 am

From my personal experience as a non EU National, all that matters is that your EU Sponsor is working and no matter if he got the job in a week or two.

All he have to do is to get a letter headed paper from his employer that states that he is currently working with them and add even if its a week pay slip to the form from the company or ask his employer to fill the page that relates to him and you are good to go.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Post by Ugosonic » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am

kingmashosho wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:49 am
From my personal experience as a non EU National, all that matters is that your EU Sponsor is working and no matter if he got the job in a week or two.

Thanks for your response. he is working but is a temporary job, and his employer doesn't want to sign the page that relates to them. They said is a temporary job thats why they can't sign it. Is there any other suggestion on what to do?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:54 pm

Ugosonic wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am
Thanks for your response. he is working but is a temporary job, and his employer doesn't want to sign the page that relates to them. They said is a temporary job thats why they can't sign it. Is there any other suggestion on what to do?
Apply for pre-settled status. What matters for that is your sponsor's presence in the UK and your relationship to him. Your relationship will have been confirmed by the family permit.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Question about RESIDENCE CARD processing

Post by Ugosonic » Wed May 08, 2019 10:26 pm

Please I need a little clarification

1. If you apply for a residence card as an non EEA national , if your request is going to be refused will home office send a refusal letter after you have done your biometric enrolment or will the refusal letter come without doing biometric enrolment.

2. How long can it take for COA to be sent to you after biometric enrolment.

I also know that COA comes after biometric enrolment and is not a guarantee that your application is successful.

Please I need help on the question.. Thanks

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Question about RESIDENCE CARD processing

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:27 pm

after BIOMETRIC ... it can come after 1 month , 3 months or even 6 months.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

HELP PLEASE on EU settlement scheme for dependent relative

Post by Ugosonic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:15 am

i am a dependent relative who has a residence card that was issued as a dependent relative, but am confused on the documents to submit for EU settlement scheme. according to this page
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-settleme ... eu-citizen

i learnt thaT I need to submit:

1. residence card
2. identity and nationality of EU citizen or their EU application reference number if they have applied for the scheme.
3. Their continuous UK residence of the EU citizen or their EU application reference number if they have applied for the scheme.

but what i dont understand is that last paragraph in that dependent relative of the link i sent above. the paragraph reads You must also provide evidence that your relationship with the EU citizen (or, where relevant, their spouse or civil partner) continues to exist (or did so for the period of residence relied upon).. what are the evidence do i need to submit in this case. and secondly as i am working, does it affect me being a dependent relative?

thank you. please advice me on this?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: HELP PLEASE on EU settlement scheme for dependent relative

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:20 am

Hello

Do you live with your sponsor or do you have your own address?

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Post by Ugosonic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:32 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:20 am
Hello

Do you live with your sponsor or do you have your own address?
yes i live with my sponsor

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:46 pm

The idea is that you have to demonstrate that you are either dependent financially of your sponsor AND/OR part of his household. When both conditions are met, the case is stronger but one of them is enough.

As you work, you are not dependent financially on your sponsor. This means you can't show that he pays for your normal life expenses.

Question: do you pay the bills with him? Do you pay him a rent for living with him?

You can now play on the fact that you part of his household. So you need to demonstrate you live that the same address.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Post by Ugosonic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:46 pm
The idea is that you have to demonstrate that you are either dependent financially of your sponsor AND/OR part of his household. When both conditions are met, the case is stronger but one of them is enough.

As you work, you are not dependent financially on your sponsor. This means you can't show that he pays for your normal life expenses.

Question: do you pay the bills with him? Do you pay him a rent for living with him?

You can now play on the fact that you part of his household. So you need to demonstrate you live that the same address.
thanks for the advice. he is the one paying for all d bills. am not paying him anything. but he also makes money transfers to me. so in this case are you saying i shouldnt submit my bank statment which shows his money transfer. and what kind of document should i submit that will show am a member of household.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm

- You are not paying the bills: good news. That shows that you are more dependent on him
- He is sending you money/helping financially: Good news too. Add your bank account details and his. Showing the money leaving his account and landing in yours.
- Demonstrate your part of his household by sending his and your proof of address (bills, letters from DVLA, NHS, HMRC...) showing that you live at the same address

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Post by Ugosonic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:44 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm
- You are not paying the bills: good news. That shows that you are more dependent on him
- He is sending you money/helping financially: Good news too. Add your bank account details and his. Showing the money leaving his account and landing in yours.
- Demonstrate your part of his household by sending his and your proof of address (bills, letters from DVLA, NHS, HMRC...) showing that you live at the same address
thank you so so much. i really appreciate ds . like i said earlier, as i am working and earning , and he is d one paying all d bills together with evidence of money transfers to me, hope my work and my earnings wont Affect anytin if i submit my bank statement cos all those details are in that statement and secondly i also have those letters u mentioned above.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Help.. Pre-settled to settled, family member of Eu citizen

Post by Ugosonic » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 am

I'm a family member of an Eu citizen and have a pre-settled status. To apply for settled status, must I show that I'm still dependent on my sponsor (eu citizen ) by him or her supporting me ( bank transfer of funds or living with him)?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help.. Pre-settled to settled, family member of Eu citizen

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:16 am

You are required to prove residency for the past five years, not that you are/were dependent on sponsor.
Note that with Settled Status ILR you are not a "dependant" anywmore.
For document requirements refer to the UKVI guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/eu-settleme ... -residence
Note: you should post in the EEA forum - a mod will move this thread.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe

Re: Help.. Pre-settled to settled, family member of Eu citizen

Post by kamoe » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Ugosonic wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 am
I'm a family member of an Eu citizen and have a pre-settled status. To apply for settled status, must I show that I'm still dependent on my sponsor (eu citizen ) by him or her supporting me ( bank transfer of funds or living with him)?
You are confusing family relationship with dependency.

To get either settled or pre-settled status you must prove that you are the family member of a sponsoring EU national. You never have to prove that you are financially dependent on them.

So the answer to your question is that to get Settled Status you need to prove you are still the family member of the same sponsoring EU national who sponsored your application for pre-settled status.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Can a non-eu family member live separately with pre-settled status?

Post by Ugosonic » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:09 am

I have been given pre-settled status, can I live separately from my sponsor (by not showing evidence of living together and money transfers which I did when applying BRP). what I mean is do I need to prove that I'm still dependent when I'm switching to settled status?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:25 am

M.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ugosonic
Newly Registered

Non-eu citizen applying for settled status

Post by Ugosonic » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:03 am

Hi,

I will appreciate it if someone can help clear this up for me.

I have a pre-settled status already and I'm about to apply for settled status. I'm a non-EU citizen. Do I need to show evidence that I'm dependent on my sponsor like being a member of his household, money transfers (just like when I was applying for BRC and family permit). I want to apply for a settled status.

What are the basic things I need to prove when applying for settled status as a non-eu citizen ?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Non-eu citizen applying for settled status

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:19 am

EU Settled status is a residency based status
You need to prove five years residency completed, no requirement for financial data.
Link: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:43 am

Topics merged.
Ugosonic wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:03 am
What are the basic things I need to prove when applying for settled status as a non-eu citizen ?
You need to prove that you have completed a continuous residence period of 5 years as the family member of your EU sponsor. In other words, your family relationship still needs to exist by the time you apply for Settled Status.

You already asked the exact same question and were given the same answer in a previous post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Nikmishin
Newly Registered
Mood:
Moldova

Post by Nikmishin » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:14 pm

Hi all,
Please can you help me understand something? My mother is an EU citizen and switched from pre-settled to settled status today. My father joined her last year through the family permit and then once in the U.K. got his BRP with pre-settled status. The question is can he switch into settled status now that my mother has settled status, or does his 5 year residency requirement run completely independently of my mother’s? If so, what is the mechanism? I tried using the EU Exit app for him but no matter what option I selected it went on to ask for the reason for late application. I could not see any way to start the switching process.

And a hypothetical question. If my mother already had settled status at the time my father applied for eu settlement would he have been given pre-settled or settled status?

Thank you in advance!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:41 pm

Nikmishin wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:14 pm
Hi all,
Please can you help me understand something? My mother is an EU citizen and switched from pre-settled to settled status today. My father joined her last year through the family permit and then once in the U.K. got his BRP with pre-settled status. The question is can he switch into settled status now that my mother has settled status, or does his 5 year residency requirement run completely independently of my mother’s? If so, what is the mechanism? I tried using the EU Exit app for him but no matter what option I selected it went on to ask for the reason for late application. I could not see any way to start the switching process.

And a hypothetical question. If my mother already had settled status at the time my father applied for eu settlement would he have been given pre-settled or settled status?

Thank you in advance!
First of all, please start your own topic next time, just so there's one person's situation in one thread - it's to make sure there's no confusion between the two.

Regarding the question:
Nikmishin wrote:
The question is can he switch into settled status now that my mother has settled status, or does his 5 year residency requirement run completely independently of my mother’s?
His clock is independent of your mother's; I assume he wasn't in the UK for 5 years as an EU citizen just yet. He can apply when he racks up the requirement.
Nikmishin wrote:
Pre-settled.
Nikmishin wrote:
If so, what is the mechanism?
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status (unless it'll change in the years before he can apply).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.