ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yaelhitch

Savings

Post by yaelhitch » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi me again! bloody souse visa application is still on going. I have a savings account of £1000 in which i pay £100 a week into my normal bank account to make my normal account look better to the ECO. I have stated that this £100 a week is from a savings account but do you think the ECO will get funny about this I.E. this money will run out blah blah, and if so where else could i say it comes from?

Also if i get a letter from a companay saying my husband has a job interview will they take this into account?

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 am

Hi,

Why don't you just include both sets of bank statements, rather than transferring from one account to the other? I had a current account, the account into which my salary was paid into and my expenses came out of. I also had a separate savings account into which I made regular deposits from my current account. For my Husbands application I included both sets of statements and made it clear that the current account showed by expenses and gave a picture of my monthly budget and the savings account was where I kept surplus/disposable income.

Yes, a letter confirming that your husband has an interview can only help. What you could also do is submit his C.V. and a covering letter. The C.V. should detail his qualifications and experiences and the covering letter would be a brief statement confirming that the applicant (your Husband) is highly skilled, has a high “employability factorâ€
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 am

hi thats great.
The problem is that the 'svaings account' is one of those internet savings so its not really an account with sort code etc and to take money out of it you have to pay it into your current account.
I was thinking i could just say my grandad dies and left me some private savings in which i pay some money into my current account each month, what do you think?
Yea the idea about his CV sounds good will deffo try and get him an interview to.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:42 am

Yaelhitch

I wouldnt mess about - you'll be found out and when cornered, be exposed.

Transferring funds is fine if you can justify them 100% - provide audit trails etc.

Killing off relatives is an old one for them - just like saying 'my dog ate the homework'

Just provide all sources of income & savings - in whatever format you have.

Believe me , it will save you a future headache

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:46 am

yaelhitch wrote:The problem is that the 'svaings account' is one of those internet savings so its not really an account with sort code etc.
With which bank is the internet savings account with?
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:50 am

yea i was thinking that im sure they have heard it all before

The savings account is with Llyods TSB but now there is only £800 in it so by the time we put in our application if we put £100 a week then it will allbe gone.

I am moving out of my 2 bedroom flat which is £500 to a 1 bedroom flat for £375 my earings are £800 a month do you think that is enough?

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi, i am in the same boat as you, my husbands visa got refused on my income and his employment offer was out of date( hardly surprising since they took so long giving him an interview date) I am now preparing all my finances to show to the AIT. I too have a savings account like yours and i am swopping it to an ISA account and saying my reasons are i don't pay tax on ISA account but do on e- savings account.I think ECO is really more interested in your payslips than your savings unless you have thousands.

yaelhitch

Post by yaelhitch » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:27 pm

yea i think they are more intersted in how long you have been at your job and how much you earn plus the reguale transactions in your current account.

I decided i am going to just keep the £1000 in the savings account and give them a statement showing that then i can just say i have £1000 in a llyods account and they can critisce that as they do with everything.

I am so scared they are going to turn us down on financess again i have moved out of my beautful 2 bedroom apartment into a studio flat and its very depressing as we cant apply untill end of september i am so miserbale

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 pm

I do understand how you are feeling, i am so worried the judge will fail us then we are really stuck, i too am waiting till after the 23rd september for my hearing date,it's constantly on my mind but i am in a situation that i cannot change plus i disagree and think i can afford to keep him.My advice is make sure everything you submit is up to date and if you have a wait till interview give your husband all updated info to take with him.