ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we amend Referee Detail after Paying fees for online British Citizenship applicaiton?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

d1234
Newly Registered

Can we amend Referee Detail after Paying fees for online British Citizenship applicaiton?

Post by d1234 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi All,

This is really a very helpful forum and very kind hearted people are helping people through this forum.

I have applied for British Citizenship (Naturalisation) and also paid fees. I am applying for myself,my wife and my son.

For Child Referee, I found out that "Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion"

Unfortunately, I only put two referees name ( one is Professional and other is british Citizen) and doesn't look like this will satisfy child referee criteria?

Is there any way that I can amend this referee detail?
Or Shall I just send the form as it is?

Please advise.

Thanks,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Can we amend Referee Detail after Paying fees for online British Citizenship applicaiton?

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 08, 2019 3:46 pm

d1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm
Hi All,

This is really a very helpful forum and very kind hearted people are helping people through this forum.

I have applied for British Citizenship (Naturalisation) and also paid fees. I am applying for myself,my wife and my son.

For Child Referee, I found out that "Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion"

Unfortunately, I only put two referees name ( one is Professional and other is british Citizen) and doesn't look like this will satisfy child referee criteria?

Is there any way that I can amend this referee detail?
Or Shall I just send the form as it is?

Please advise.

Thanks,
You can not amend online form once submitted.
However, you can print the relevant page, amend it manually and upload with your documents. Attach a cover letter and explain. You should be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

d1234
Newly Registered

Re: Can we amend Referee Detail after Paying fees for online British Citizenship applicaiton?

Post by d1234 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Thanks a lot

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Thu May 09, 2019 5:37 pm

My personal feel is do not do anything... if HO is not satisfied with your referees they will write to you to provide updated referees.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 09, 2019 6:50 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 5:37 pm
My personal feel is do not do anything... if HO is not satisfied with your referees they will write to you to provide updated referees.
In the other thread you are advising the OP to provide the correct details so HO does not waste time writing back:
british-citizenship/mn1-form-referees-f ... 77621.html

and

here you are advising the OP to wait for HO to write to them?? 😳

Why conflicting advice?

Many members have amended the incorrect online forms manually and are successful.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Thu May 09, 2019 8:40 pm

I said to give correct details when applying and from what I hear from a Sopa Steria employee who worked on the platform is that a data transfer is performed to HO when applications is made and documents are validated at the service center.

Just because they upload stuff after the appointment date does not mean it is acted upon. The process to contact home office about an application is from here https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 09, 2019 8:58 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:40 pm
I said to give correct details when applying and from what I hear from a Sopa Steria employee who worked on the platform is that a data transfer is performed to HO when applications is made and documents are validated at the service center.

Just because they upload stuff after the appointment date does not mean it is acted upon. The process to contact home office about an application is from here https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
You can upload any documents before your appointment. OP still has to attend the appointment.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Fri May 10, 2019 9:13 am

tier11417 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:58 pm
You can upload any documents before your appointment. OP still has to attend the appointment.
I do not think it was clear whether OP has yet to attend the appointment or it has happened already, I did try re-read the thread again but found nothing.

If appointment date is in the future then the approach recommend around manually modifying the document and including a cover letter might work.

Sometimes the cover letter could be overlooked in the online platform unless OP has included a response to look at the cover letter in the section of the form which says "Do you have any other information that you wish to include..."

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 am

FaeLLe wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:13 am
tier11417 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:58 pm
I do not think it was clear whether OP has yet to attend the appointment or it has happened already, I did try re-read the thread again but found nothing.

If appointment date is in the future then the approach recommend around manually modifying the document and including a cover letter might work.

Sometimes the cover letter could be overlooked in the online platform unless OP has included a response to look at the cover letter in the section of the form which says "Do you have any other information that you wish to include..."
Read the subject “after paying fees”. Plenty of members have manually edited and are successful. There is no other option to do it as you cannot amend the online form after submission.

d1234
Newly Registered

Post by d1234 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:35 am

Thanks a lot for all your valuable answers regarding this,

Just to give some more detail, I haven't attended my appointment yet and it s on 7th June.

Kind Regards,