ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval letter and ceremony invite missing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Balti
Newly Registered

Approval letter and ceremony invite missing

Post by Balti » Thu May 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi,

I applied for UK naturalisation in February 2019. Since then I have not received any communication from the Home Office (physical mail or email). I reached out to my local council today and they told me that they have in fact my citizenship certificate and I have to attend my ceremony before 16th July.

Has this happened to anyone before? How can I obtain my approval and ceremony letter (which I need for the ceremony)? Since I haven’t received any mail or email (I checked my spam) yet but the council already has a deadline for my ceremony, I am slightly worried about the timeline.

Thanks for your input.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Approval letter and ceremony invite missing

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 5:52 pm

Just a thought, perhaps the council only received it very recently!! :idea: :idea:

Letters come through second class post from HO. Brown A5 envelope, looks a bit like junk mail. It might still be on its way to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Balti
Newly Registered

Post by Balti » Thu May 09, 2019 6:03 pm

That’s what I thought initially but I am slightly confused by the councils comment that I have to attend the ceremony before 16th July. Isn’t the rule that you have to attend within 3 months of approval, which would dat back my approval to 16th April? Even under worst circumstances, Royal Mail second class shouldn’t take 23 days.

Is there anything I can do to get those letters resent/check on whether they have been posted?

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi, email bere Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
They will email your letter. Will take few days though.