ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katkavics
Newly Registered
Hungary

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by katkavics » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Great Thanks for the quick reply.
I sent my EU ID card with the PResidency application, and wanted to do that again as I could travel with my passport in the meantime.
Yes,I have the P60 from the year since I got the PResidency.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 pm

katkavics wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:17 pm
Great Thanks for the quick reply.
I sent my EU ID card with the PResidency application, and wanted to do that again as I could travel with my passport in the meantime.
Yes,I have the P60 from the year since I got the PResidency.
You need to prove residency for the last 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katkavics
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by katkavics » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm

That’s fine I still have all the papers I submitted for the PermResidency + have all p60s since receiving the PermResidency.

Basically I wanna ask if I can send my EU National ID (instead of my passport) with the documents after submitting the online application as I’ll be going abroad 2days later. (Planning to submit the online application on the 27 th and I’m going abroad on the 29th)

AlRU
Newly Registered

Post by AlRU » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for you help in advance!

When submitting biometrics for Naturalisation application (Non EU), will they take away my original passport and ILR? Asking because of travel plans. I've heard you can apply with a certified copy however I haven''t done this so just wanted to see if Visa centre will actually take those originals away whilst the application is being looked into?

Does anyone know how this works now?

Dhuli10
Newly Registered

Post by Dhuli10 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:05 pm

AlRU wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks for you help in advance!

When submitting biometrics for Naturalisation application (Non EU), will they take away my original passport and ILR? Asking because of travel plans. I've heard you can apply with a certified copy however I haven''t done this so just wanted to see if Visa centre will actually take those originals away whilst the application is being looked into?

Does anyone know how this works now?
Not as far as I know, the visa centres do not keep any documents. They take copies and give you back everything, including your passport photos and referrals. I used one of the new centres in birmingham last week for my 13year old, and they didn't keep a single document. It is my understanding that you only send in your ILR brp after you get your British certificate. I hope this helps

Dhuli10
Newly Registered

Post by Dhuli10 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:11 pm

katkavics wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm
hi guys,
I couldn't figure out how to ask a new question so I'm really sorry but I'll just comment here.

I'm doing an online naturalisation application based on the permanent residency (which I rec'd over a year ago).
Life in the UK test - passed + English B1 test - passed.
So I seem to have everything needed.
2X reference declarations - where do I get that from? I mean I submitted the ppl's name &everything needed online but is there an extra paper I need to submit on top of these?
I can't figure out if I need to go to the UKVCAS after submitting my application online? They did my passport check at the permanent residency.
Sorry I'm just so confused. :?
On the last page of your online application, after the payment has been confirmed, there is a list of things to do, such as print out your application form for your own records, book an appointment for biometrics (this takes you to sopra steria (sp) website and print off declaration. You can print it off immediately or email it to yourself to print off later. But all this is only available after you've paid.

Britney99

Post by Britney99 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 am

Hi everyone

I submitted my British citizenship application online on 2 February. I attended a Centre to take biometrics and received a payment receipt for fees. I have not received any other communication since I applied. I have since 1) changed jobs and 2) left the country for holidays and would like to update them on these changes however it is not clear on how I should contact them. Can anyone tell me if I should email them and provide email address ? Thank you 😊

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:33 am

Britney99 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 am
Hi everyone

I submitted my British citizenship application online on 2 February. I attended a Centre to take biometrics and received a payment receipt for fees. I have not received any other communication since I applied. I have since 1) changed jobs and 2) left the country for holidays and would like to update them on these changes however it is not clear on how I should contact them. Can anyone tell me if I should email them and provide email address ? Thank you 😊
UKVI will contact you if they need further clarification or when they have made the decision.
There's no need to advise UKVI of job changes or holidays post-application
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Britney99

Post by Britney99 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:53 pm

Thank you. I feel like I’m just sitting here waiting, checking post, emails, junk inbox... and nothing !

alinawaz143
Newly Registered

Post by alinawaz143 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me with this.
I applied for my naturalization using the new online service(ukvcas), attended the biometric and document checking appointment on the 11th March, the application was submitted and paid for on the 28th of Feb, 2019, however I didn't get any sort of confirmation/acknowledgment email from the HO until April 24, 2019, and that too when I rang the HO after reading it on timelines where people stated receiving acknowledgments with case ID's on date of submission. the telephone rep stated HO does not send out any confirmation/acknowledgments anymore which I don't think is true as I have seen people posting about it at a later date.
I am assuming this is not normal practice but how much influence it can have towards the processing time of the application?

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Post by Tribulations28 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:35 am

alinawaz143 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:51 pm
Hi Everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me with this.
I applied for my naturalization using the new online service(ukvcas), attended the biometric and document checking appointment on the 11th March, the application was submitted and paid for on the 28th of Feb, 2019, however I didn't get any sort of confirmation/acknowledgment email from the HO until April 24, 2019, and that too when I rang the HO after reading it on timelines where people stated receiving acknowledgments with case ID's on date of submission. the telephone rep stated HO does not send out any confirmation/acknowledgments anymore which I don't think is true as I have seen people posting about it at a later date.
I am assuming this is not normal practice but how much influence it can have towards the processing time of the application?
It’s absolutely gobsmacking the way UKVI thinks they can just treat us as if we’re less than human beings. I applied on the 28/02/2019 same date as you and I did receive an acknowledgment and reference number on the very same day. It’s just not normal for them to blatantly lie to you as they did and just get away with. Isn’t £1349 enough money to pay to receive some decent basic treatment?!

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:08 am

Noticed some people don’t receive any emails stating that HO received the application and it’s being considered.
From my side I’ve applied on Sunday 24/2/19 around evening time then received email on Monday 25/2/19 around lunchtime stating HO received my application and it’s being considered , could take up to 6 months for them to give a decision and also if they need any info they will get in touch also a case ID ref number been attached.
Also some people saying they have received some kind of email after their biometric and uploading documents appointment Sopra Steria but in that case I haven’t received any emails from them, I can still log into my account with them and see that my uploaded documents are there so I presume they have sent them to HO already.

katyatash
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katyatash » Sat May 04, 2019 11:34 am

Dear all,
I wonder if anyone has had similar situation/any knowledge on 2 things:
1)I have applied online (and using new Sopra Steria in London) back in March. I have-not received a thing from HO since then. Is it normal, does it mean it has indeed been submitted ? I can still log in (and even add/delete documents uploaded)!!)

2) yesterday I received email from UKVI Survey:
UK Visas & Immigration
Dear Ms

UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback about the visa application service in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

Please click on the UK Visas and Immigration survey to give your feedback.

Your feedback will be completely anonymous; it cannot and will not be linked with your application in any way.
etc

Can put mean they are now dealing with my application? IOr am I reading too much in between the lines?

Thanks a lot. Am very anxious...

K

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:49 am

katyatash wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:34 am
Dear all,
I wonder if anyone has had similar situation/any knowledge on 2 things:
1)I have applied online (and using new Sopra Steria in London) back in March. I have-not received a thing from HO since then. Is it normal, does it mean it has indeed been submitted ? I can still log in (and even add/delete documents uploaded)!!)

2) yesterday I received email from UKVI Survey:
UK Visas & Immigration
Dear Ms

UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback about the visa application service in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

Please click on the UK Visas and Immigration survey to give your feedback.

Your feedback will be completely anonymous; it cannot and will not be linked with your application in any way.
etc

Can put mean they are now dealing with my application? IOr am I reading too much in between the lines?

Thanks a lot. Am very anxious...

K
You need to wait to hear back from HO. Do NOT touch anything or delete or add anything on the UKCVAS portal. HO does not tell you what stage your application is at every step.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sun May 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone else in the same situation as me. Please see below for details related to my case.

I came here as student, claimed asylum before visa expired and was accepted as refugee in 2011. Never worked illegally and never overstayed no negative record at all as far as I am aware.

And I applied for PR in 2016 and got that within 4 months. I then applied for BC in Feb 2018 and I have not got the results yet.

I did contact home office via email and phone and also wrote the case worker directly a letter and got a response saying my application documents all have been checked and my application is in the good character check stage and they will let me know if they make progress on it.

I did not use any services to check documents, applied directly before the Online thing came about, so all my original documents are with HO.

Just wanted to see if anyone else in the same stuck situation as me?

Thanks

Jk85
Newly Registered

Post by Jk85 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:34 am

Hi, not sure if anyone had a similar issue I am having.
I submittes my BC online applucation form last night, made a payment, received confirmation. Then it said I must register with Sopra and make an appointment. I have registered in Sopra website, then went to try and book an appointment in croydon which was chargeable, I selected the appointment I wanted and proceeded to payment page. I have put all my card details but ince I click to pay nothing happened, I tried few times, logged out and in again, same thing.

Tried again this morning, same issue. Anyone else had an issue making this payment? not sure if I should wait, maybe there is a glitch of some sort.

Find it a bit annoying that the only number I can call is 2.50 per minute (tried to dial it and turns out my phon is restricted), I submittes enquiry form which they are saying will reply within 5-10 days

Jk85
Newly Registered

Post by Jk85 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:06 am

just a quick update regarding maybprevious post. I managed to make a payment, turns out when I was putting expiry date of card I input last 2 digits of a year but it required full year. Not helpful when it doesn’t actually show where the error was.

Szilvana
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by Szilvana » Wed May 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi folks,
I've submitted my application 6+ weeks ago online and sent my supporting documents+ID's through post.
Now I need my passport so I am trying to fill out the gov's Return of Documents form. However, I'm stuck here:
Home office reference
A Home Office reference number begins with a letter (the first letter of the surname of the applicant) and is then followed by 7 numbers. The Home Office reference number is the number the main applicant was given by us when we received their application for citizenship.

I have checked everything, and other than case ID and payment reference(which was also requested), I only have a 16 digit unique reference number.
I assume it would fit for purpose but it'd be great to hear your thoughts/experience.
Cheers!

katyatash
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by katyatash » Thu May 09, 2019 10:22 am

Hi in automated email I have received Reference: UKVI_2NAA00XXXXXX
I wonder if these could the last 7 excluding UKVI_2NA00?

Szilvana
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by Szilvana » Thu May 09, 2019 12:52 pm

katyatash wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:22 am
Hi in automated email I have received Reference: UKVI_2NAA00XXXXXX
I wonder if these could the last 7 excluding UKVI_2NA00?
No, that's the payment reference..
I think I'll put in the 16 digits as that's the only thing I've got.

Szilvana
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by Szilvana » Thu May 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Szilvana wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:52 pm
No, that's the payment reference..
I think I'll put in the 16 digits as that's the only thing I've got.
It did not work as you can't type in more than 7 digits, so I left it blank.
I had to provide my phone number and email address so I assume they'll contact me if they have questions...

TheGoldenBoot
Newly Registered

Post by TheGoldenBoot » Thu May 09, 2019 8:21 pm

I have applied for British Citizenship 18th December 2018 and have received a letter today (9/5/19) requesting for original documents of passport or travel document to cover the period from 13th December 2016 to 12th December 2019.

My current travel document is from 15th April 2014 to 14th April 2019.

This has now expired and therefore does not cover me until thier requested date Dec 2019.

My question is would this be an issue as I have not renewed my travel document as I was hoping I would have had an answer before now regarding my application for naturilisation.

Should I send my residence permit card which is valid until year 2024. Would this help? Or should I not send my residence permit?

Alexnat2019
Newly Registered
France

Post by Alexnat2019 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:22 am

Hello,
I had my sepia appointment this week to check my passport and biometrics - I did it at Barbican and paid 60pounds. Just to say it was an absolutely lovely experience. It's in the Barbican centre and they book two people at a certain time and then see them in turn. Really recommend using the Barbican service as I can read from this that several people had awful experiences in other centres.

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Post by Tribulations28 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:32 am

Dear moderators,
I’ll like to point out the fact that we all come here to share our experiences, not to be insulted by other forum members who believe they can just debit anything they want hidden behind their anonymity and show their lack of education. My experience is mine to share and it stems from my personal experience dealing with various administrations and also my professional experience working in close collaboration with various organisations (Ukvi inclusive) as a civil servant. Some people experience better service and they publish about it on here, so I should be able to do the same if mine hasn’t been as pleasant without being attacked and called names. So I’ll just leave that as that because responding to user Joeano353 attacks will just mean I’m no better than his miserable attempts to display to the world his twisted mind.

Rubyduchess
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Rubyduchess » Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 am

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me here. I got my ILR on the 22nd of June 2018 and I want to apply for my naturalization/citizenship soon. I read somewhere but cannot remember where ages ago that I can apply for citizenship 28 days before the 22nd of June. Can someone please confirm if this is true?

Also can I apply for naturalization and passport at the same time?

Thanks all in advance.