ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application- Sopra Steria appointment at Croydon

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Naturalisation Application- Sopra Steria appointment at Croydon

Post by hamalt66 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:59 am

Hi all, I have just finished submitting our Naturalisation application, paying the fees, uploading the documents and booking our appointment next week for myself and 5 dependants (including young children). The appointment centre is in Croydon (Bedford Point, 35 Dingwall Road, CR0 9XF). I paid £100 per application (£600 for all 6 of us) as I couldn't find a free appointment for the next two weeks.

I have a few questions, I would really appreciate your answers and I thank you very much in advance for your help:

1) I will be driving to the appointment from Essex (two hours drive), from your experience if you have been to this location recently, is there a parking place that you recommend, preferably as close to Croydon centre as possible, but not insanely expensive?

2) What exactly will we be doing at the appointment other than bringing the original documents to be checked. Will we be giving our biometrics and photos be taken at this appointment, or is this something that we will be doing on a later stage?

3) How long approximately will the appointment take per person?

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation Application- Sopra Steria appointment at Croydon

Post by hamalt66 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:13 am

hamalt66 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:59 am
Hi all, I have just finished submitting our Naturalisation application, paying the fees, uploading the documents and booking our appointment next week for myself and 5 dependants (including young children). The appointment centre is in Croydon (Bedford Point, 35 Dingwall Road, CR0 9XF). I paid £100 per application (£600 for all 6 of us) as I couldn't find a free appointment for the next two weeks.

I have a few questions, I would really appreciate your answers and I thank you very much in advance for your help:

1) I will be driving to the appointment from Essex (two hours drive), from your experience if you have been to this location recently, is there a parking place that you recommend, preferably as close to Croydon centre as possible, but not insanely expensive?

2) What exactly will we be doing at the appointment other than bringing the original documents to be checked. Will we be giving our biometrics and photos be taken at this appointment, or is this something that we will be doing on a later stage?

Your feedback is highly appreciated.
Please ignore the first question regarding the parking, I found one close by and will be using it. i would appreciate answers to the other questions. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 11:30 am

Biometrics and documents. Thats it.
It varies and depends how busy they are. Some have said an hour some had said much longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:30 am
Re biometrics, does this include photographs taken or just fingerprints?

For previous applications, our photos were taken too, but I guess it was for BRP cards!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:55 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm
CR001 wrote:

For previous applications, our photos were taken too, but I guess it was for BRP cards!
Both.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:55 pm
hamalt66 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm
CR001 wrote:

Both.
Thank you very much indeed

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm

This afternoon I was pleasantly surprised to have received the acknowledgement email below for the application we just made online yesterday.

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible

I am not complaining, I have never received any acknowledgment letters/emails for my previously applications! Also I was actually expecting this email after my appointment and biometrics next week! Is this the case for everybody else?

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:55 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm
This afternoon I was pleasantly surprised to have received the acknowledgement email below for the application we just made online yesterday.

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible
No
This email is sent by Home Office when your online application has been received and assigned to a case worker.
It has nothing to do with your appointment.

FYI, I just did my appointment / biometrics at Croydon, it was amazingly quick and smooth.
I arrived 2 hours earlier, did my biometrics straight away and checking of the documents and submission after 5min, in total it took around 30min.

They all knew what they were doing, very welcoming and polite.
Also it was a free appointment so I didn't pay anything.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:02 pm

feri_2017 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:55 pm

FYI, I just did my appointment / biometrics at Croydon, it was amazingly quick and smooth.
I arrived 2 hours earlier, did my biometrics straight away and checking of the documents and submission after 5min, in total it took around 30min.

They all knew what they were doing, very welcoming and polite.
Also it was a free appointment so I didn't pay anything.
Thank you for your response. We are six applications so you reckon if we need 30 minutes each, then I presume we should expect 3 hours at the centre?

I am thinking of using the Ruskin Square car park, if you parked there, may I ask if it is a pay and display or park and pay later?

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:08 pm

No worries,
They were processing families all together so I think it might take much less than 3 hours for all of you.

I went there by train, but the car park is right next to the centre, not sure how their payment system work, sorry.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:22 pm

feri_2017 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:55 pm
hamalt66 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm

They all knew what they were doing, very welcoming and polite. That's something we don't hear very often :p

feri_2017
Iran

Post by feri_2017 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Lol
I know right? I was a bit surprised too but well I guess this Sopra Steria is doing a good job.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri May 10, 2019 6:22 pm

I picked an appointment in Glasgow for the £100 fee as I could wait for a week for a good spot. In fact I opted for a 6PM appointment, but got there for 5 PM and was immediately seen as they were waiting for me.

I had uploaded all my documents before hand, so it was only photograph and biometrics. Was done in 10 to 15 minutes.
Cheers,
OR

cocococo
Newly Registered

Post by cocococo » Fri May 10, 2019 6:44 pm

feri_2017 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:08 pm
No worries,
They were processing families all together so I think it might take much less than 3 hours for all of you.

I went there by train, but the car park is right next to the centre, not sure how their payment system work, sorry.
We used Rushkin square car park too. Its very convenient and a 3 minute walk to the centre down the same road. Its park and pay later.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:51 pm

cocococo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:44 pm
feri_2017 wrote:
No worries,

We used Rushkin square car park too. Its very convenient and a 3 minute walk to the centre down the same road. Its park and pay later.
Thank you very much for your feedback 🤗

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:06 pm

feri_2017 wrote:
No worries,

Can I get into the biometrics booth with my young children to help them take their photos, or is there no space for two people?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 11, 2019 11:41 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:06 pm
feri_2017 wrote:
No worries,

Can I get into the biometrics booth with my young children to help them take their photos, or is there no space for two people?
You can. Also, there is staff to help you out so dont worry.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:43 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:41 pm
hamalt66 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:06 pm
feri_2017 wrote:
No worries,

You can. Also, there is staff to help you out so dont worry.
Great thank you