ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

may have made mistake on application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kautya

Re: may have made mistake on application?

Post by kautya » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:57 pm

amy786 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 pm
thanks again kautiya
however , i get message 'you do not have required permission to view files attached to this post'

any ideas why or what i should do to be able to view it
Sorry no clue. Thought it woul be public, might have to read through forum rules for attachments.

na2316

Post by na2316 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:18 pm

savage87 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 pm
I had to send a letter to UKVI a couple of days as I didn't include some information to my application by mistake.
I rang the contact centre and they said that is best to send it through the post signed for as they have a backlog of 6 weeks on the emails. Make sure you include your case id if known.

I've sent it to Dept 4 same as where I sent the rest of the documents.
Savage87,

6 weeks is a big backlog on emails.

Did you only send the letter by post?

Or did you also send an email as well?

kautya

Post by kautya » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 am

amy786 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 pm
thanks again kautiya
however , i get message 'you do not have required permission to view files attached to this post'

any ideas why or what i should do to be able to view it
Not sure if you have emailed them already but (digging through my inbox) if you email the following address:
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

They will reply back with the form (attached to my post) that I had filled in to then forward to :
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

I can't PM you as you are a new member so cant send it as an attachment either.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:56 am

Not sure why the user couldn't simply copy and paste the TEXT alone.

UK Home Office

UKVI – Nationality General Enquiry Form
Please complete this form to help us deal with your nationality enquiry and send to the following email address: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Please note that this email inbox only deals with nationality related queries.
Enquiry Details
Have you made a nationality application?
What is your Home Office/Case ID reference number(s)?
Applicant's full name
Date of birth
Email address
Telephone number

Please give details of your nationality query?

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kautya

Post by kautya » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:56 am
Not sure why the user couldn't simply copy and paste the TEXT alone.

UK Home Office

UKVI – Nationality General Enquiry Form
Please complete this form to help us deal with your nationality enquiry and send to the following email address: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
Please note that this email inbox only deals with nationality related queries.
Enquiry Details
Have you made a nationality application?
What is your Home Office/Case ID reference number(s)?
Applicant's full name
Date of birth
Email address
Telephone number

Please give details of your nationality query?

Yes I could have done this, my bad :D. Thought I could just attach the original document that was sent as is.

savage87
Romania

Post by savage87 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:19 pm

na2316 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:18 pm
savage87 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 pm
I had to send a letter to UKVI a couple of days as I didn't include some information to my application by mistake.
I rang the contact centre and they said that is best to send it through the post signed for as they have a backlog of 6 weeks on the emails. Make sure you include your case id if known.

I've sent it to Dept 4 same as where I sent the rest of the documents.
Savage87,

6 weeks is a big backlog on emails.

Did you only send the letter by post?

Or did you also send an email as well?
Sorry for the later reply, I have just seen you question.

I didn't send an email because of what I was advised by the lady in the call centre.

I posted a letter, it was received and signed for. The only thing for me was that it was after 4 weeks after submitting the application by post.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:01 pm

i have already sent emails and included a covering letter with documents sent through post - passports, certificates etc.

i hope they will accept these and adjust application as necessary.

would it be advisable to send another email using the form kautiya has posted

(i keep getting jitters everytime i think about this)

kautya

Post by kautya » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:40 pm

amy786 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:01 pm
i have already sent emails and included a covering letter with documents sent through post - passports, certificates etc.

i hope they will accept these and adjust application as necessary.

would it be advisable to send another email using the form kautiya has posted

(i keep getting jitters everytime i think about this)
Have some patience, I am sure they will respond. Also did you send the originals to them ?

Omaima
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Omaima » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:45 pm

So I’m filling in my online application and i got to the same question
I have never personally made any application to the home Office before because I was still a dependent when I got my ILR so do I have to include all the previous applications that my father did for me ?

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:01 pm

thanks kautiya,
i sent all original passports and documents, except for marriage cert. which had to be translated into english .

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:28 pm

i would just like to update my topic to put other peoples mind at ease, and inform them not to worry if mistake made on original application.

i made a few mistakes on application, which came to light after i had sent and paid for my application.

i sent emails and letters through post with supporting documents to highlight and correct the mistakes.

fortunately, i beleive these must have been taken into consideration as my application has now been approved.

i must admit it was a very stressful time until i received the approval letter,as i never received a reply to the emails, and i kept thinking there was a problem.

support received through this site was amazing and reassuring.
so please do not stress if you have made a mistake , hopefully emails and recorded delivery letter , giving corrected details will be taken into consideration and rectify mistakes.
applied 11th feb.
approval letter received 29th april

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:44 am

amy786 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:52 am
i have applied for british citizenship online and on the following question i answered no.
have you ever made immigration application before?

have been in uk since 2003, with indefinite leave to remain and meet all other requirements.

this question was vague as i had already given details of my ILR and i thought the question related to british citizenship application, and this question was not on the paper form i had downloaded
would it be acceptable if i sent in covering letter with my documents to explain this.

i have just come across this forum now.
Hi, have you received any news about your application ?
I did the same mistake now I’m panicked may my application will be refuse
I have send the covering latter to HO still today no news

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:55 am

kayani2012 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:28 pm
hello guys ,
I submitted my application on 7 Jan 2019 and did the same mistake, i realised this mistake from you guys when Amy raise issue here , i rung home office and explained to them what happened , he was a very helpful person, he advised me to write a covering letter and send to Liverpool address asap, i send through recorded delivery method on this Wednesday and delivered on Thursday at 10 o clock in morning. so hopefully it will be sorted out on time as the guy said, we make mistake, so don't worry and mention what happened in a letter with certain details which are mention in my covering letter and send to us. we will chase and sort it out I am gonna share my covering letter, hopefully, it will help you out guys as well
best of luck

Hello Sir / Madam,

I made an online application for British Citizenship on 07 January 2019 and enrolled my biometrics on 16 January 2019 in Manchester centre UKVCAS, during filling my online application form. Unfortunately, I made a mistake; the question was “Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?” I supposed to answer YES but I put NO. Can you PLEASE help me to correct this mistake? I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks.

Hi , have you received any news about your application ?
I did the same mistake and send the covering letter same writing like you without give any previous uk immigration because I don’t remember any
Still today no news I’m panicking

Regards,

Case ID:-

Full name: -

DOB: -

Email: -

Mob: -

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:03 am

kayani2012 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:28 pm
hello guys ,
I submitted my application on 7 Jan 2019 and did the same mistake, i realised this mistake from you guys when Amy raise issue here , i rung home office and explained to them what happened , he was a very helpful person, he advised me to write a covering letter and send to Liverpool address asap, i send through recorded delivery method on this Wednesday and delivered on Thursday at 10 o clock in morning. so hopefully it will be sorted out on time as the guy said, we make mistake, so don't worry and mention what happened in a letter with certain details which are mention in my covering letter and send to us. we will chase and sort it out I am gonna share my covering letter, hopefully, it will help you out guys as well
best of luck

Hello Sir / Madam,

I made an online application for British Citizenship on 07 January 2019 and enrolled my biometrics on 16 January 2019 in Manchester centre UKVCAS, during filling my online application form. Unfortunately, I made a mistake; the question was “Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?” I supposed to answer YES but I put NO. Can you PLEASE help me to correct this mistake? I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Case ID:-

Full name: -

DOB: -

Email: -

Mob: -
Hi , have you received any news about your application ?
I did the same mistake and send the same covering letter without give any details of previous un immigration but I’m very panicking no news still today

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:24 am

kayani2012 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm
Just explain your senario in covering letter what happen and provide missing details, I said no in start, so i will wait, may case worker will contact me via email or post as that person said, if we need further details from you, case worker will contact u
Thats new thing for me, keep ask u again and again when u do yes
Finger cross :?
Hi kayani2012
Have You received any news about your application yet ?

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:32 am

At the top of this page, you can see the update from the thread opener.