ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 dependent spouse and child

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Naji21
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier4 dependent spouse and child

Post by Naji21 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi All,

I am a Tier 4 student doing MSc in Uk since September 2018. My husband and son are now applying for their dependent visas. We have most of the paper and money in order.

My doubt is regarding the document for partnership. We are married for 10 years , we are enclosing marriage certificate, my travel to India during Christmas holiday, photos and evidence of trip taken during the time, previous family holidays etc.

Is this enough to prove relationship? We have a joint account and locker but don’t really use the account much. Should we include this as well?
I am really confused about having to prove relationship again bit in case of legal marriage.

Also , I am still viewing houses so we have given do you have address in Uk as no! Is that going to be a big issue? Anyone has done this before ?
This application is pretty important to me as my son is pretty distressed now without me around for this long, he is just 6.

Any help from all the experienced people here would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier4 dependent spouse and child

Post by sah10406 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:15 am

Naji21 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:16 pm
My doubt is regarding the document for partnership. We are married for 10 years , we are enclosing marriage certificate, my travel to India during Christmas holiday, photos and evidence of trip taken during the time, previous family holidays etc.

Is this enough to prove relationship? We have a joint account and locker but don’t really use the account much. Should we include this as well?

I am really confused about having to prove relationship again bit in case of legal marriage.
It is clear from the certificate that you are married. What else needs to be clear is that the relationship is genuine and subsisting, even though you have been mostly living apart for the last 9 months, and that your dependants intend to live with you.

As well as the evidence mentioned above, a snapshot of your regular communication would be useful. Not a huge dossier, but just snapshots showing that you are in very regular contact. This will be different evidence for different people, but that's the general principle.
Naji21 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:16 pm
Also , I am still viewing houses so we have given do you have address in Uk as no! Is that going to be a big issue?
No. Somewhere for everyone to live is helpful as evidence of their intention to live with you, but it is not a deal-breaker.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Naji21
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Naji21 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Thank you sah10406 for the reply. Appreciate it!

Should this be something like snapshot of inbox ? Watsapp message or call logs?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:53 am

Naji21 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 pm
Should this be something like snapshot of inbox ? Watsapp message or call logs?
Whatever is the best evidence to show that the marriage is subsisting despite the two parties living apart. The relevant immigration rule is 319C(d):

(d) The marriage [...] must be genuine and subsisting at the time the application is made.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Naji21
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Naji21 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi,

My husband and son made an online application on 8th May. They submitted their documents and did biometrics on 14th May at Cochin, India.
I received an email today (23rd May) saying the application has been received at Sheffield UK. Is this normal when you submit it from India?
I remember getting the email from Madras visa Info when I had done my tier 4 in July 2018.

I am pretty tensed about this whole thing. Can someone confirm if this is the normal case that the decision gets assigned to any center. The statistics for Cochin India said applications would be processed by 10 days as per April 2019 and I was hoping I would know of the outcome by end of May. This whole Sheffield thing has got me a bit tensed now.

Note - My husband did not receive the mail . I received one as I had used my email for my son's application.

Appreciate expert insight!!

Thanks!!!

Naji21
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Naji21 » Thu May 23, 2019 4:44 pm

Further to above. The email did not have any application no which I find quite strange!

And it also said online application. Is it because their applications are dependent on mine?

Apologies for the whole bunch of questions. This is so nerve wracking!

Cheers!

Naji21
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Naji21 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:25 pm

Any pointers on this? Still waiting for a decision. 13 working days ( or may be 12 as 27th was bank holiday )