ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German Passport Retried Trying to bring non Eu Wife

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pmitr
Newly Registered
South Africa

German Passport Retried Trying to bring non Eu Wife

Post by pmitr » Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 am

Hi

Im trying to help my Father and mother out with advice , both are retired .

My dad is a German national but has been living in South Africa for 50 years .
My mother is a South African

Ok so they applied for a Visa in South Africa by the German embassy telling them that they plan to stay there ,
once in Germany they got a house a bank account and did everything that was told to them , only to be told that my mother would need to do a German test , which is no problem she speaks fluent so here is the problem now .

They have been told she has the wrong visa and will have to fly back to south africa but they were told that she would not get a visa because they can not support themselfs ? they have money and a German pension .
what advice can you give us please we live in the uk could it be easier for them to live in the UK ?

Thank You

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: German Passport Retried Trying to bring non Eu Wife

Post by ALKB » Mon May 13, 2019 6:52 pm

pmitr wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 am
Hi

Im trying to help my Father and mother out with advice , both are retired .

My dad is a German national but has been living in South Africa for 50 years .
My mother is a South African

Ok so they applied for a Visa in South Africa by the German embassy telling them that they plan to stay there ,
once in Germany they got a house a bank account and did everything that was told to them , only to be told that my mother would need to do a German test , which is no problem she speaks fluent so here is the problem now .

They have been told she has the wrong visa and will have to fly back to south africa but they were told that she would not get a visa because they can not support themselfs ? they have money and a German pension .
what advice can you give us please we live in the uk could it be easier for them to live in the UK ?

Thank You
It might be easier for them to move to the UK under EU rules, at least until Brexit.

Germany is not that harsh when it comes to spouse visas. Do they live in a very small town or something?

What kind of visa did she get to enter Germany?

How much income do they have? Have they obtained German health insurance?

If she entered on a tourist visa, that's technically not the right visa, but in practice, applying for a spouse residence permit in-country usually works. It might be worth going back to the Ausländerbehörde to speak to a different case worker.

Is your mother degree-educated, by any chance?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.