ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rush1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Dependent

Post by rush1992 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi

I am currently in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT (3 years) visa and my wife and my daughter are on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa.

All of our visa’s are ending in August 2019.

My wife has an offer from University she desires and planning to study. Her 12 months course begins in September 2019.

1. Currently we are in UK, can she apply for her Tier 4 visa from UK ? or She has to apply from her home country ?

2. If Myself and my daughter wish to apply as her dependents, should we apply together with my wife’s application ?

3. If she gets her Tier 4 visa; Myself and my daughter get Tier 4 dependent visa, Can I take up a job with new employer ?

4. If I wish to continue with my current employer, Can I continue with them on Tier 4 dependent visa ? When should I communicate with them ? After I get Tier 4 dependent visa or before ?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 4 Dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:58 pm

1. She applies from home country.

2. You can both apply from within the UK before your current visas expire, provided your wife is doing a course that permits dependents. https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members

3. Yes.

4. Yes, if your employer lets you. You need to advise them AFTER you get a new visa and provide evidence of right to work.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rush1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rush1992 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:04 am

Thanks for your quick and precise answers :)

rush1992
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rush1992 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply the other day. It was really helpful.

With regards to the same query I have following questions.

1. My Tier 2 ICT visa expires in August and we will apply for my wife’s tier 4 visa, mine and my daughters tier 4 dependent visa from my home country in September.

2. As part of readiness, can I start applying for new jobs and attend interviews in UK while am still on Tier 2 ICT ? Or Tier 2 ICT has some restrictions on this ?

Thanks