ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport return/Tipperary DSU?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lethbox
Newly Registered
United States of America

Passport return/Tipperary DSU?

Post by Lethbox » Wed May 15, 2019 8:27 am

Hi, I sent in my Irish citizenship application (through marriage to Irish citizen) on April 9th, it’s now May 15th and I never received any acknowledgement or my passport back. I know the process takes a long time but I am concerned that I didn’t get anything to say that they received it. When I tracked it, it says it arrived at Tipperary DSU on April 10th. Does that mean it hasn’t reached the citizenship office?

I also unexpectedly need my passport back, and can’t get ahold of them. I have rang, emailed and now sent a letter so I’m hoping they’ll send t back to me, if they ever received it in the first place!

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be appreciated!

Lethbox
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Passport return/Tipperary DSU?

Post by Lethbox » Wed May 15, 2019 8:37 am

Sorry I realized I posted this in the wrong forum but don’t know how to delete it!

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Wed May 15, 2019 9:06 am

My tracking said "Your item was delivered TIPPERARY D.S.U., CO TIPPERARY" once it was delivered.

Mine was delivered on April 8th. I think they're only processing March applications so unlikely either of us will have our passports returned automatically yet.

I also need mine back to travel. I emailed them 10 days ago, I called them 400 times yesterday when the phone line was open and still nothing. I've now sent a letter in the post, requesting the put the app on hold and return the passport ASAP, I sent it express and it was delivered this morning. So fingers crossed.

it's ridiculous that a place that holds peoples original passports for weeks on end, is so impossible to contact.

Lethbox
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lethbox » Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 am

Thanks for your reply! I did the exact same thing, wrote them a letter today. So do you think it if it was delivered to the DSU that means the citizenship office received it? It is ridiculous that they’re so hard to get a hold of! And I just noticed yesterday afternoon they put up a note on their website that said the phone lines are closed this week, but they didn’t give much notice! Hope you get your passport back!!

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 am

Yeah I'd say it was delivered.

Where does it say about being closed this week? I can't see anything.

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 am

Hi there,
All the posts/letters that are sent to this Citizenship department will be delivered to the TIPPERARY D.S.U. (Anpost Delivery Service Unit) and the department collects them from the D.S.U on a daily basis. So your application should be now with the department for sure..Not being able to contact them is another problem. Hope this helps.

Regards.

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 am

I sent another email about 30 minutes ago with the subject "URGENT PLEASE RESPOND" and got a response just now! My passport is being returned today and I won't need to resubmit it :D
Not sure if it was the physical letter that arrived today or the second email, I'm just relieved its coming back.

Lethbox
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lethbox » Wed May 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Oh that’s great news! Yeah they don’t have the phone line closure on their website, it’s on the main department of justice website, which is ridiculous. But so glad you got it sorted, thanks for the help everyone! I’ll send an email now.

Lethbox
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Lethbox » Wed May 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks so much for that info!
Spire01 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 am
Hi there,
All the posts/letters that are sent to this Citizenship department will be delivered to the TIPPERARY D.S.U. (Anpost Delivery Service Unit) and the department collects them from the D.S.U on a daily basis. So your application should be now with the department for sure..Not being able to contact them is another problem. Hope this helps.

Regards.

happygolucky1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by happygolucky1 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:52 am

katielloydmcmahon wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 am
I sent another email about 30 minutes ago with the subject "URGENT PLEASE RESPOND" and got a response just now! My passport is being returned today and I won't need to resubmit it :D
Not sure if it was the physical letter that arrived today or the second email, I'm just relieved its coming back.
Did you get your passport back ? just the passport or the reference number/Receipt of payment too ?

Tigs
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tigs » Tue May 28, 2019 10:37 am

katielloydmcmahon wrote:

Could you please tell us what the letter said with your returned passport? I am a tad confused because I asked for my passport back because I urgently needed it and received it back yesterday which would have been exactly six weeks since they received it but they did not mention in their letter nor in their email whether if I would have to send it back again. I have tried calling and emailing and no one responds, then I rang the number on the letter that came with my returned passport and the woman who answered didn't even ask my name, but told me I wouldn't have to send it back. She was somewhat dismissive. Any light you could shed would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you. :-)

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 am

I got my current passport as well after i asked them URGENTLY needed. I got a letter as well saying my application is not processed yet and they will send my old expired passport in due course as they are processing in order. There is no mention of sending the passport again to them in the letter, thats why they mentioned about my expired passport.

I guess they might have taken the copy of the passport and filed with your application which is in pipeline. SO you don't have to send the passport again unless requested.
Hope this clarifies.

ssireland
India

Post by ssireland » Tue May 28, 2019 11:30 am

katielloydmcmahon wrote:
This worked..!!! Thanks a lot for this. I sent many emails with normal subject, no response. After your suggestion i put a subject as you said...Got response immediately :) :D

Tigs
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tigs » Thu May 30, 2019 8:09 am

Thank you for the clarification! It certainly helped ease my mind.

I don't know why it's so difficult for them just to clarify. Or to answer their phone, or emails, or post....

Thanks again!

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:31 am

Sorry I'm only just seeing these responses now. When I got the passport back it just had a letter acknowledging my application but no receipt or reference number. I have to wait again for those, but won't have to send passport back.

It's now been 12 weeks since they received the application and still no receipt or number. Things seem to have slowed down considerably.

satishD
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by satishD » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi Have you got your ref number and receipt. I have applied on 16th Apr-2019 and got the passport back around 5th july but no ref number yet.